AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an FYI - anyone that is looking for tilt in reverse capable mirrors, mirrors from a Harvest Edition seem to work!

The Harvest Edition seems to be a Big Horn on steroids, but it comes with the chrome capped (presumably Laramie/Limited type) mirrors. Auto tilt in reverse is NOT an option on the Harvest edition, but I just installed a set on my Big Horn, activated the right features in Alfa and voila! I have auto tilt in reverse now.

Normally I wouldn't have pushed so much for this relatively innocuous option, but our trucks are so high off the ground and my front windows so tinted that I could really use the tilt down feature when I park.

nickb1907

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have the link to the 09-2012 AlfaOBD thread? I have searched for 10 minutes through this website and google and haven't found it. I want to see if I can reprogram some things for a coworker.

Thanks

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

cwendel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Just an FYI - anyone that is looking for tilt in reverse capable mirrors, mirrors from a Harvest Edition seem to work!

The Harvest Edition seems to be a Big Horn on steroids, but it comes with the chrome capped (presumably Laramie/Limited type) mirrors. Auto tilt in reverse is NOT an option on the Harvest edition, but I just installed a set on my Big Horn, activated the right features in Alfa and voila! I have auto tilt in reverse now.

Normally I wouldn't have pushed so much for this relatively innocuous option, but our trucks are so high off the ground and my front windows so tinted that I could really use the tilt down feature when I park.
What would be those items you activated?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What would be those items you activated?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk
Memory mirror passenger
Memory mirror driver in door section
Tilt mirrors in reverse in the CSM section. All working codes and how to enable them are listed it the beginning of the thread.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
4B8DD0DC-AB09-4930-8A30-A46B7E558CB3.jpeg
"If I install profile peak switchback led 3157 in my turn signals front and red 3157/3156 for brake/turns in the rear will I get hyper flash if I switch the settings to led?
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/l...7-profile-peak-led-bulbs.html?preselect=53524
Edit: without resistors. Don’t want to modify the wiring if I don’t have to "

It shouldn't because if you go into Alfa and set it.
Thank you. I’ve been slowly changing everything to led. All that’s left is my brakes/turn signals and my drive/turn signal in the front. Then high and low beam but I’ve got headlight revolutions v4 fogs that I’m liking so far and no radio interference so I think I’ll order those for high and low

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7

Yep my 18 harvest addition has those Mirrors and once the codes where in i got tilt in reverse to work as well .

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Loving this app. Just shed about 2 pounds of resistors and harness that still gave me bulb out warnings... now no bulb out messages and no harness/resistors.

So far set fogs with highs on
Set fogs to Led
Set headlights to hids
Set TPS to 45 pounds no more 80 pounds or light on
Set tires to 295/65 or 2800 mm
Set window down express mod.
Activated DRL in the turn signals with dropout

Anything else people have found useful? Tried reading through the post but just crazy how much infos in here..

20190425_201446.jpg

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Loving this app. Just shed about 2 pounds of resistors and harness that still gave me bulb out warnings... now no bulb out messages and no harness/resistors.

So far set fogs with highs on
Set fogs to Led
Set headlights to hids
Set TPS to 45 pounds no more 80 pounds or light on
Set tires to 295/65 or 2800 mm
Set window down express mod.
Activated DRL in the turn signals with dropout

Anything else people have found useful? Tried reading through the post but just crazy how much infos in here..

View attachment 164069
Congrats man that's what this forum is all about! Fantastic work there! Keep it up and help someone new out whenever you can!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Congrats man that's what this forum is all about! Fantastic work there! Keep it up and help someone new out whenever you can!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Oh don't worry my younger brother has the same truck as me and my buddy has a PW he wants me to update some things on. My older brother has a pro master van that he turned into a RV that he wants me to make some mods with as well. I'm assuming that should work same as the rams since its listed under there but we shall see. Not bad invest to tune 4 vehicles.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
just curious....

are there any Mopar techs in here that have used the dealer service scan tool and then used the alfaobd?

how does it compare??

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Are OEM projector headlights and led tails now plug and play or are the OEM harnesses still different? Thanks

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Are OEM projector headlights and led tails now plug and play or are the OEM harnesses still different? Thanks

OEM harness is still different and would need to be adapted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That is in car configuration change all the way towards the bottom.
Daytime Running Lights CSM

Did they update the drop down menu's or something because I can't seem to locate this option at all and wanted to add it to the 8.4 radio under settings.

I am under the body computer > My2013-17 Powernet > Car Configuration changes > and I cant seem to locate the option to display it on the radio. I did see all the other options and enabled them and they are working but wanted to put on the radio as well since I am going to do it for my brother and a friend so they have the ability to shut them off if they want to.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did they update the drop down menu's or something because I can't seem to locate this option at all and wanted to add it to the 8.4 radio under settings.

I am under the body computer > My2013-17 Powernet > Car Configuration changes > and I cant seem to locate the option to display it on the radio. I did see all the other options and enabled them and they are working but wanted to put on the radio as well since I am going to do it for my brother and a friend so they have the ability to shut them off if they want to.

I think the CSMs are towards the end of the list.

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yea even scrolling through the massive list I still dont see them... not sure if Im blind but no CSM or any Daytime Running light mention that I can find..

Screenshot_20190426-153310_AlfaOBD.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yea even scrolling through the massive list I still dont see them... not sure if Im blind but no CSM or any Daytime Running light mention that I can find..

View attachment 164160
Looking at that screenshot, it will say exactly this- “CustSetMenu 1- Daytime Running Lights CSM”.

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Looking at that screenshot, it will say exactly this- “CustSetMenu 1- Daytime Running Lights CSM”.

Seems I don't have those options at all in the drop down. I have scrolled line by line through it 10x now I have like Battery, VehCongif # 1-6, bunch of CBC I/O, normal CBC features, ECUConfig 3 options, Wireless, Doors, LIN to name a few but nothing at all CustSetMenu