AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
When I retrofitted my modify street lights I limited the voltage going to the marker light to 8v. But the DRLs and signal are connected to factory wiring.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Did that dim the (amber?) side markers?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The 12 volt rating is a nominal value, anything electrical in a vehicle can usually operate in the range of 10 to 15 volts.
The PWM outputs can be used to regulate the outgoing voltage, along with turning the load on/off.
Any decent LED headlight should have a built in voltage regulation, that's why the anti-flicker modules are needed unless the PWM can be disabled.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did that dim the (amber?) side markers?

I used a buck/boost board adjusted to 8v output. It did dim the amber corner markers, on purpose. It was wired so that it does not affect the rest of the LEDs.

The rest of the lights are getting whatever comes from the factory turn, park and headlight wiring.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tell us more...brighter you say?

the PWM output is HOW the computer varies the voltage to the incandescent bulbs
by switching off and back on and the filament in the bulb cools down briefly / the bulb runs cooler and lasts longer and they can adjust the ON/OFF time to get the legal amount of light out as required by law
setting the voltage to a setting higher then the battery running voltage SHOULD stop the off portion of the PWM OR do the same as disabling the PWM by selecting LED/Xenon
in alphaOBD

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Has anyone with a 2018 lost or had issues with AlfaOBD mods after deleting or letting Uconnect subscriptions expire?

nwsewell

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This is probably a long shot, but is it possible to disable traction control and ESC through AlfaOBD?

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
Bump

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Oh yeah I turned up the voltage on the switchbacks. It will be a experiment for sure. Was unimpressed with the output of the white light but the amber was very bright so I tried this and it brightened them up for sure. In my screenshot you can see the before and after voltage. I will have to check but I don't think I have done the headlight voltage yet. 2e49f069a39624e97ebccbc1e027ab51.jpg

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches

Are your switchbacks used for DRL and are you using the white for DRL?

I am still having issues getting my park light out message to go away. My switch backs are using orange for DRL white for when the head lights are on.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Are your switchbacks used for DRL and are you using the white for DRL?

I am still having issues getting my park light out message to go away. My switch backs are using orange for DRL white for when the head lights are on.
No, I have my DRL set to low beams. Mine was acting funny because it threw a park lamp out message on the EVIC but, when I checked the code it said "Short circuit to battery right turn signal". The first night I set "LED front turn lamps present" to yes and it did not solve the park lamp message. The second day I also set "LED front park/marker lamps present" to yes. After the truck had sat for close to if not 24 hours the message went away and when I checked my codes with Alpha it is now gone. Check and make sure you have both of those set as I stated above. My switchbacks run white running light with the headlights and when I hit the blinker they then go to amber. I will post the screenshot again below so you can see what I enabled. 78983c21f001d286fb2ae1ae330e9d6c.jpg

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches

Last edited:

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
the PWM output is HOW the computer varies the voltage to the incandescent bulbs
by switching off and back on and the filament in the bulb cools down briefly / the bulb runs cooler and lasts longer and they can adjust the ON/OFF time to get the legal amount of light out as required by law
setting the voltage to a setting higher then the battery running voltage SHOULD stop the off portion of the PWM OR do the same as disabling the PWM by selecting LED/Xenon
in alphaOBD
Okay hopefully I am good then

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Here is a good one. Has anyone come across any alternative configurations for the child lock button in AlfaOBD? I'd like it to lock all door controls except for the drivers (my dog knows exactly how to roll down the windows)...

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No, I have my DRL set to low beams. Mine was acting funny because it threw a park lamp out message on the EVIC but, when I checked the code it said "Short circuit to battery right turn signal". The first night I set "LED front turn lamps present" to yes and it did not solve the park lamp message. The second day I also set "LED front park/marker lamps present" to yes. After the truck had sat for close to if not 24 hours the message went away and when I checked my codes with Alpha it is now gone. Check and make sure you have both of those set as I stated above. My switchbacks run white running light with the headlights and when I hit the blinker they then go to amber. I will post the screenshot again below so you can see what I enabled. 78983c21f001d286fb2ae1ae330e9d6c.jpg

Mine are set the same way but the problem persists. I even completely disabled the open circuit dtc on the park lamps and it is still there.

My park light out error only pops up when my lights are on and I press the brake pedal or use my turn signal.

All the lights work fine though.

Been wrestling with this one for months

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is a good one. Has anyone come across any alternative configurations for the child lock button in AlfaOBD? I'd like it to lock all door controls except for the drivers (my dog knows exactly how to roll down the windows)...

Yes and no. There is no way to disable all controls on every door. IE lock and unlock on the passenger will still work. But you can enable the passenger door window lock with the lock button on the drivers side. Let me see if I can find it and I’ll let you know. This only enables the passenger door and back windows lock on the drivers switch. They come from the factory with the switch on enabled to lock the back windows

Edit. Option your looking for is here

Doors Configuration:
Global Up: Set
Global Down: Set
Sun Shade: Not set
Puddle Lamp Present: Set
Rear Door pre short drop behavior: Not set
**Passenger Window Lockout: Not set**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Owen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Is there a way to turn off the seatbelt dinging (when seatbelt is not being worn) with the alfa?

Easiest way is via: 1. Get in truck, close the door and the ignition switch in the off position, buckle the driver’s seat belt.

2. Turn or push the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 20-30 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON position and seatbelt light going off, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt four times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK/OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming. The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

AZJohnnyO
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Awesome, thank you @Lawsuit11 ! I can deal with him constantly locking and unlocking the doors but rolling down the window in the rain has got to stop!

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Easiest way is via: 1. Get in truck, close the door and the ignition switch in the off position, buckle the driver’s seat belt.

2. Turn or push the ignition switch to the ON position and wait for the Seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.

3. Within 20-30 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON position and seatbelt light going off, unbuckle and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt four times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.

4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK/OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming. The Enhanced Warning System (BeltAlert) can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

AZJohnnyO
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any trouble remembering their are several YouTube videos showing how to.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome, thank you! I can deal with him constantly locking and unlocking the doors but rolling down the window in the rain has got to stop!

Lmao. Yeah I thought it was weird that the passenger door doesn’t lock with the switch. But it made sense why they would do that and I just happened to run across that setting in Alfa and tried it out but turned it back off cause my wife yelled at me cause I locked her window when I was trying to share my love kiss with the kids and her [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk