AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Anyone have success ENABLING eco mode?

Members on another forum are reporting success in enabling, with Alfa, but it only stays engaged a few seconds.

Perhaps they are missing a setting?

Bob

Eco mode, if you have a 8.4 maybe also on the 5.0 radio with the premium 7"cluster can be turned off or on in the radio settings. It's simply a light that says you are driving in a economic fashion. Has nothing to do with mds although generally comes on when mds is activated, not always but generally. It's nothing more than a light, no mpg gains by it being on unless you can maintain whatever driving parameters it requires.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well... not in my Hellcat Charger.

ECO is a mode that drops it down to 500hp and forces 2nd gear starts, in addition to MDS performance (read: sluggish). Similar to Valet mode.

Some of these guys are trying to enable this functionality, in their SRT, or ScatPack trim level vehicles.

Bob

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
, Is anybody aware of a setting that will pull the power fold mirrors in when the truck is locked?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I ask the same question months ago and it looks like a big fat know I have a electric engineer and he think he could male a module to do it but would be a ***** to wire

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L

krakaman24

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
I sent the app developer an email I'll let you know what I find out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I sent this in to the developer almost three weeks ago. I heard back the next day saying he would look into it. So far nothing.

ollie770

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Trying to program the odometer and hours on a premium cluster. Its a 2015 cluster going in a 2015 truck. I followed the steps and it says procedure completed. I turn key off and shut down Alfa. Let it sit a couple minutes up to 30 min. Miles dont change!!! Tried it like 5 times. Any help? Hours wont change either. The clustee flashes, shows Continental, ect but nothing changes. Very frustrsting!

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I sent this in to the developer almost three weeks ago. I heard back the next day saying he would look into it. So far nothing.
Yeah just hoping the update fixes it

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Trying to program the odometer and hours on a premium cluster. Its a 2015 cluster going in a 2015 truck. I followed the steps and it says procedure completed. I turn key off and shut down Alfa. Let it sit a couple minutes up to 30 min. Miles dont change!!! Tried it like 5 times. Any help? Hours wont change either. The clustee flashes, shows Continental, ect but nothing changes. Very frustrsting!
I would check and make sure everything is updated even the FW for your OBD. Do you do them separately? Meaning miles, shut down, wait, then hours?

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you do it exactly like this?

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I'm trying to install a premium cluster in my truck but nothing comes on aside from the security light. Anyone know of a alfaobd setting? Fyi alfaobd wont connect to the upgraded cluster.

ollie770

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I would check and make sure everything is updated even the FW for your OBD. Do you do them separately? Meaning miles, shut down, wait, then hours?

Yes, doing I at a time and then let sleep. It says procedure complete. I have BAFX OBD II bluetooth adapter but it has always worked included doing the TPMS and RF hub. It connects to Instrument Panel on the first attempt so wouldnt think the adapter is the issue

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, doing I at a time and then let sleep. It says procedure complete. I have BAFX OBD II bluetooth adapter but it has always worked included doing the TPMS and RF hub. It connects to Instrument Panel on the first attempt so wouldnt think the adapter is the issue
I think the adapter is your issue too.
Sorry bro
Although some people have had some problems with their phones or tablets not being fast enough to write...

Jerzey111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know where to look to disable this? I looked through but did not find anything obvious regarding this

Screenshot_20190930-212144_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20190930-212154_Video Player.jpg

ollie770

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I think the adapter is your issue too.
Sorry bro
Although some people have had some problems with their phones or tablets not being fast enough to write...

Yep, I followed your video exactly. Using a Samsung Galaxy 6 and the BAFX OBD II. Just weird that everything else works with that adapter and not this and the adapter is clearly connecting/communicating. Guess I may have to bite the bullet and buy the OBD Link MX adapter and hope that works. I am using the latest verison on Alfa - thats the best one to use, right?

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yep, I followed your video exactly. Using a Samsung Galaxy 6 and the BAFX OBD II. Just weird that everything else works with that adapter and not this and the adapter is clearly connecting/communicating. Guess I may have to bite the bullet and buy the OBD Link MX adapter and hope that works. I am using the latest verison on Alfa - thats the best one to use, right?
I couldn't tell ya, just got into the game. However not only did I download alfa I downloaded the reccomend app for my obd which pushed a FW update..

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

What the developer has figured out is some obd2 readers just can't communicate fast enough for some changes or some changes require 2 pins to swap or something like that which the obdlink mx is capable of.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's the one I'm using.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Couple of hints then that might help in your guys's Conquest.
From my YouTube channel. 8335d1e1b8fdfacc913ca64b19a3afca.jpg