AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unfortunately, you’re stuck. WIN module probably gave up. This is something the dealer will have to do, because the AlfaOBD just isn’t capable of programming a new one to the truck.
Jimmy07,
OK, Thanks for the responses though, much appreciated.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Back to issues. After fixing it last night. Tried one more time to adjust speedo. Since it's still running off a few mph. Got the massive shut down again power steering, 4wd, auto park, trailer brake, speedo
dead etc...

It refuses to clear codes in the abs is the problem. Body and engine show no codes. Have literally cleared codes like 25 times in abs. Cycled key. No matter what it absolutely refuses

Cleared codes with alpha obd, obdlink and my hyper tech.

Also won't do my odometer hour adjustment. Biggest waste of money ever should have just stuck with my hypertech since it actually works.

Seconds from smashing my mx into pieces and going to fight the Alfa developer for building this pos.

Programmed over it with my hypertech and truck works again no codes.

The only part of process that never works is clearing rolls it claims you can't clear rolls during active session or something along those lines maybe that is issue.

Last edited:

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok this is a weird one, I've set my upgraded 7" premium cluster kilometers and hours to match their real value, but since then when I set my cruise control it's in MPH instead of KMH. The cluster is set to metric and all other values are metric, but the cruise control. I've tried to set it to US and then back to metric, but result is the same. Any idea?

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty sure you cannot use LEDs for DRL's regardless if they are set to LED or not. They don't like running on a lower voltage.

Mine works fine... LED's set in Alfa and DRL set to blinker

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine works fine... LED's set in Alfa and DRL set to blinker

Watched your YouTube vid. Have you ever seen hours work on a 3.5? My engine drive hours reset self on own before alfaobd. Alfa shows the correct number so it's still stored, but no mater what odometer only shows the wrong number

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Watched your YouTube vid. Have you ever seen hours work on a 3.5? My engine drive hours reset self on own before alfaobd. Alfa shows the correct number so it's still stored, but no mater what odometer only shows the wrong number
Thanks for watching. I hope they have helped.
Have you tried resetting the evic?
Hold down the "right" button on the steering wheel.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I'll give it a shot. Thanks..

I took it to dealer for it but they didn't fix it or my intermittent cruise issue. Just said they can't. Also found a vice grip smashed on a hose they forgot. Solid dealer. Sort of bought alfaobd to fix it myself

Last edited:

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok this is a weird one, I've set my upgraded 7" premium cluster kilometers and hours to match their real value, but since then when I set my cruise control it's in MPH instead of KMH. The cluster is set to metric and all other values are metric, but the cruise control. I've tried to set it to US and then back to metric, but result is the same. Any idea?
my 14 does the same thing everything METRIC and set cruise and it is in miles an hour
2014 with original "basic" cluster sold as new in Canada has metric CANADA cluster
region code set to Canada

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
my 14 does the same thing everything METRIC and set cruise and it is in miles an hour
2014 with original "basic" cluster sold as new in Canada has metric CANADA cluster
region code set to Canada
I just sent an email to alfaobd, lets see if I can get an answer. Cleary when setting the cluster it changed a flag somewhere that it shouldn't have for metric cluster

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just sent an email to alfaobd, lets see if I can get an answer. Cleary when setting the cluster it changed a flag somewhere that it shouldn't have for metric cluster

Have you guys tried resetting the evic?

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you guys tried resetting the evic?
Hold down the "right

Are you just talking about like when you reset the fuel economy gauge by holding right?

Are you just talking about holding down the right button like when you reset the mpg meter? Tried it my hours are still messed up. I have 28k and 30 hrs drive time. So it thinks I drive nearly 100mph all the time. I've also tried the hour change doing key on one clck rather than two as some of the comments on your vid said. But either way it's staying at 30ish hours drive. The real number is like 1122 per alfa

Last edited:

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you just talking about like when you reset the fuel economy gauge by holding right?

Are you just talking about holding down the right button like when you reset the mpg meter? Tried it my hours are still messed up. I have 28k and 30 hrs drive time. So it thinks I drive nearly 100mph all the time. I've also tried the hour change doing key on one clck rather than two as some of the comments on your vid said. But either way it's staying at 30ish hours drive. The real number is like 1122 per alfa
You can also try evic self test. While truck is off hold down the down button and turn the truck to ACC position.
Side note, you may have to go with the windows version of AlfaOBD. A lot of people have had trouble changing miles and or hours with the Android version. Phones or tablets not being fast enough to make the change.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can also try evic self test. While truck is off hold down the down button and turn the truck to ACC position.
Side note, you may have to go with the windows version of AlfaOBD. A lot of people have had trouble changing miles and or hours with the Android version. Phones or tablets not being fast enough to make the change.

I can give that a shot. Would think an s9+ would still be fast enough. But I could also try my computer it's pretty new. Just sent an email to Alfa to see if they have any ideas.

Last edited:

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can give that a shot. Would think an s9+ would still be fast enough. But I could also try my computer it's pretty new. Just sent an email to Alfa to see if they have any ideas.

Looked pretty and made lots of lights but I still average 100mph

bassheadhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

ok I feel dumb now... [emoji2957]

digital speedo screen was set to mph, so obviously cruise was showing in mph. I switched it back to kmh and voilà cruise showed in kmh

Thanks @big daddys house for the self test trick since that reset to the digital speedo and realized the issue right away.

jordanlbrt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 mega cab
Engine
Hey guys, I fell off this forum for awhile. Was wondering if we're able to shut off traction control thru Alpha?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tnctx02

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM SLT
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
Looked pretty and made lots of lights but I still average 100mph
Did you get this working? Mine didn't reset either when installed. After driving for a day, it reset and has been working good since.

DelmonicoRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Diode Dynamic HID kit with HYLUX 2A88 ballasts. And have HID's enabled with AlfaOBD. I'm still have issues with one of the bulbs not firing up. Both sides do it but never at the same time. When I toggle the lights off and on both lights will kick on. I didn't think this would happen with 35w ballasts. I'm assuming it's because they're not getting enough power? I was going to get a relay harness unless anyone has a better suggestion. If I do I just want to get a basic one without all the resisters. Will I get a lamp out on the passenger side since nothing will be plugged in there? Or can I disable it with AlfaOBD? I appreciate any help.

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Diode Dynamic HID kit with HYLUX 2A88 ballasts. And have HID's enabled with AlfaOBD. I'm still have issues with one of the bulbs not firing up. Both sides do it but never at the same time. When I toggle the lights off and on both lights will kick on. I didn't think this would happen with 35w ballasts. I'm assuming it's because they're not getting enough power? I was going to get a relay harness unless anyone has a better suggestion. If I do I just want to get a basic one without all the resisters. Will I get a lamp out on the passenger side since nothing will be plugged in there? Or can I disable it with AlfaOBD? I appreciate any help.
If you don't have any DTC's in the BCM then I would suspect a ballast issue. I'm running morimoto xb35 ballasts on my truck directly wired to the stock headlight wiring and have no problems with them. I have my BCM set to HID headlights