AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you get this working? Mine didn't reset either when installed. After driving for a day, it reset and has been working good since.

No still says 38 hours. I'm going to upgrade to a 7 inch eventually so might not matter. I'm talking with Alfa dev and might try pc

bchap05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you get this working? Mine didn't reset either when installed. After driving for a day, it reset and has been working good since.

No still says 38 hours. I'm going to upgrade to a 7 inch eventually so might not matter. I'm talking with Alfa dev and might try pc

DelmonicoRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you don't have any DTC's in the BCM then I would suspect a ballast issue. I'm running morimoto xb35 ballasts on my truck directly wired to the stock headlight wiring and have no problems with them. I have my BCM set to HID headlights
If you don't have any DTC's in the BCM then I would suspect a ballast issue. I'm running morimoto xb35 ballasts on my truck directly wired to the stock headlight wiring and have no problems with them. I have my BCM set to HID headlights

I have a b162a and b162e.

alpinegreenneon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
B162A-11-LEFT LOW BEAM CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND - BASE
B162A-11-LEFT LOW BEAM CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND - PREMIUM
B162A-15-LEFT LOW BEAM CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY OR OPEN - BASE
B162A-15-LEFT LOW BEAM CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY OR OPEN - PREMIUM
B162E-11-RIGHT LOW BEAM CONTROL-CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND-BASE
B162E-11-RIGHT LOW BEAM CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND - PREMIUM
B162E-15-RIGHT LOW BEAM CONTROL-CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY OR OPEN-BASE
B162E-15-RIGHT LOW BEAM CONTROL - CIRCUIT SHORT TO BATTERY OR OPEN - PREMIUM

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have you guys tried resetting the evic?
Hold down the "right" button on the steering wheel.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
what the arrow one.and key in mar or running.still havent got my milage to change.if i do reset on evic will i lose my hours and drive time .thanks dave

cbfodalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I enabled fogs on with high beams
I turned on drl with turn signsls
I turned on and installed tailgate rear view camera.
I get blue screen with camera system unavailable
When i try to turn on grid lines i get option not supported by body computer.
I feel like i am missing something.
2013 ram 1500 quad csb 4x4 outdoorsmsn
8.4 radio with navigation

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I enabled fogs on with high beams
I turned on drl with turn signsls
I turned on and installed tailgate rear view camera.
I get blue screen with camera system unavailable
When i try to turn on grid lines i get option not supported by body computer.
I feel like i am missing something.
2013 ram 1500 quad csb 4x4 outdoorsmsn
8.4 radio with navigation

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe the 2013 has the rear view camera in the mirror, not on the uconnect.

cbfodalo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So would i need new mirror?
Both cameras show up in uconnect with blue screen i enable them, but something is not connected.
I pulled radio and do not see any rca plugs.

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So would i need new mirror?
Both cameras show up in uconnect with blue screen i enable them, but something is not connected.
I pulled radio and do not see any rca plugs.
OEM camera does not use composite video, so no RCA's.

Here are your radio/camera connections:

Radio connector C1 (52 pin):

Pin 31: CAMERA SIGNAL
Pin 32: CAMERA RETURN (GROUND)
Pin 33: CAMERA SHIELD
Pin 34: CAMERA SHIELD

Radio connector C3 (22 pin):

Pin 1: CAMERA SHIELD
Pin 2: CAMERA RETURN (GROUND)
Pin 9: CAMERA SIGNAL

Maybe this will help troubleshoot.

Bob

1zero3forlife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I just went to the dealer today to get my 4 digit code. They said as of today, it is a rolling code and is only good for 3 hours. Now I'm freaking out because the unlock cable won't be here until tomorrow and I don't even know if it will work anyways. They said it went from only a few being a rolling code to all codes for certain vehicles to all vehicles. If I just installed this remote start and keyless entry and still have to take it to the dealer, I'm gonna be pissed. $50 for alphaOBD for no reason of this is true, I hope not.

Sent from my NX629J using Tapatalk

Vshni

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I've been following this on and off for almost a year but I've got a a question about the drl's. So threw some tow mirrors on a while ago and for the life of me I cant get the turn signals on them to run as drls, my old bighorn had them and that's pretty much why its driving me nuts lol

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
So, I just went to the dealer today to get my 4 digit code. They said as of today, it is a rolling code and is only good for 3 hours. Now I'm freaking out because the unlock cable won't be here until tomorrow and I don't even know if it will work anyways. They said it went from only a few being a rolling code to all codes for certain vehicles to all vehicles. If I just installed this remote start and keyless entry and still have to take it to the dealer, I'm gonna be pissed. $50 for alphaOBD for no reason of this is true, I hope not.

Your dealer is clueless. The code you want has only 4 digits, , they are all numbers, it does not expire, and it is NOT the rolling code your clueless dealer told you.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

how is this possible?? BUT with that said go back and get another code

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

That's the first I've heard of this. Most likely they don't know what they are talking about. There is a rolling code for lock smith's but I believe that code is 5 digits. If for whatever reason it's true for $15 you can use the Chrysler pin puller app and get it

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

1zero3forlife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I hope they are clueless. He said it just started today and they had to submit the bin, get a code and log in with said code a d get my 4 digit. It took 20 minutes to get the code. Even one of the techs we're ******** about it. I really hope they are wrong and you guys are correct. I understand the key code thing but the 4 digit code better work.

Thanks for the idea of the pin puller app, I'll keep that in mind for backup.

Thanks all!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It kinda sounds like THEY only have 3 hours to get codes, not that your code only lasts for 3 hours.

Still not quite sure why FCA guards them from their own dealers, unless they just dont trust their dealers (that makes two of us lol)

1zero3forlife

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They said they only have 15 minutes to retrieve the code once they get the code from FCA in am email and the code was only good for 3 hours. We will find out tomorrow once I get the unlock cable. I will report back. Thanks

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins