AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sdpadrez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Is there documentation somewhere that describes in detail what each “car configuration” option will do?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Is there documentation somewhere that describes in detail what each “car configuration” option will do?
I believe the closest thing to that you will find is this thread.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2014 1500 .
Body changed all of his rear lights to LED. Nothing I could do would get rid of the hyper flash or the warnings.
Last night when I was doing research.
CBC features - rear DTC Disable was in the options but once I plugged into the truck it was no longer there..
Ideas??
I cleared the codes and it would all come back

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My cousin has a 2011 Ram he added LED turn signals to and now has hyper flash and bulb out messages in his EVIC. Is there anything I can enable with Alpha OBD to fix this issue? I know on my 2017 I had several LED options I was able to enable to resolve my messages but the only thing I'm finding is HID enable in his trucks computer. We are trying to avoid resistors.

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
I ordered a remote start for my gf 18 durango. Mopar says it won't work with power lift gate (JRC) which she has. In the parts catalog, they offer remote start parts for both being factory equipped. Does anyone know if I can use Alfa to make it work?

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
On a 2019 DT Bighorn that came with halogen lights can you install LED Factory housings and turn on settings for them to work? Or using a harness from Retroshop.us the only option?

I see the LED option in AlfaOBD but was wondering if it would require wiring change.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
On a 2019 DT Bighorn that came with halogen lights can you install LED Factory housings and turn on settings for them to work? Or using a harness from Retroshop.us the only option?

I see the LED option in AlfaOBD but was wondering if it would require wiring change.

If it's a direct swap (same connectors for everything) I wouldn't see why not. From his pic's it looks like there is a resistor and looks like a possible fuse for a 12v supply, not sure for what

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If it's a direct swap (same connectors for everything) I wouldn't see why not. From his pic's it looks like there is a resistor and looks like a possible fuse for a 12v supply, not sure for what

It was my assumption to have clean power as halogen would be PWM. I have his harness and everything works but my truck has internal codes that won't clear out. I also have AlfaOBD and was thinking of giving it a try to see of it would make it all plug and play.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has Alfa been updated to work with 5th gen trucks?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I thought I've seen a couple of people use it on the 5th gens.

Oh, I just assumed it was 2019 Classic (DS, not DT).

Interesting if it works with DT already.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has Alfa been updated to work with 5th gen trucks?
No, but pretty much all the settings are the same, and work, except for the RF Hub. I know of someone who has added all the higher trim level features to a base model (adaptive cruise, forward collision, lane assist, 12” screen, etc..). He had to use the windows version, and use settings from a 2017 ram BCM, and from a Pacifica BCM.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have turned on Fogs with High Beams, turned Sport on IP, and looking to add Blind Spot and LED bed lighting

Thats awesome, I had no idea. I kinda figured the BCM format changed with the new generation but apparently not.

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, but pretty much all the settings are the same, and work, except for the RF Hub. I know of someone who has added all the higher trim level features to a base model (adaptive cruise, forward collision, lane assist, 12” screen, etc..). He had to use the windows version, and use settings from a 2017 ram BCM, and from a Pacifica BCM.
And the settings actually work? Like the safety stuff mentioned?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

popcenator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, it all worked with the necessary parts associated with the features installed.
Yeah, that was a stupid question on my part lol. I should have asked what they needed the Pacifica BCM for. It'd be nice to know what I can enable without adding modules.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah, that was a stupid question on my part lol. I should have asked what they needed the Pacifica BCM for. It'd be nice to know what I can enable without adding modules.

It’s not the actual BCM from a Pacifica that is needed. The BCM settings list on a Pacifica has the cabin net display screen module feature that needs to be enabled for the 12” screen to work properly, but that setting is not in the list on a Ram BCM. You can use the windows version to force that setting to show up by connecting the Ram truck to a Pacifica BCM in advanced mode.

Frank Flores

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello Gents, I'm new to the forum and I've been searching the site as well as communicating with others via PM, but I can't figure out what to do with an issue I'm having. I currently own a 2018 1500 Express and recently switched to a 7" evic. Prior to this, I never had any error codes, but once I made the switch I began getting a Parking and Brake lights out code. I was surprised to discover that alfaobd had my truck as having LED tail lights. So, I decided to change the Rear and the license plate to an LED setting. Still got the error codes. Changed everything back (except for the tail lights). Same issue...error codes. I read on the forum to changed the Rear DTC (disable it). Did that...nothing. I'm at a loss. The only thing I can think of is keeping the DTC off and changing the LED tail light to "no". Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone instsll the Kaodtech bypass in a Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2? Mine is a 2019 and I could use some guidance.

Thsnks!

Bob

Bob