AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
The code is for the courtesy light. I’m not sure why it would be going off then.

I’ll check on the other lights. Thanks again

Maybe check the door modules

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

AlwaysSomethin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram
Engine
5.7L
Anyone instsll the Kaodtech bypass in a Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2? Mine is a 2019 and I could use some guidance.

Thsnks!

Bob

Bob

I tried getting an answer on their thread and PM for a week or more. Ended up with Z automotive bypass for my 300S, and Tune My Truck bypass for my Ram.

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I tried getting an answer on their thread and PM for a week or more. Ended up with Z automotive bypass for my 300S, and Tune My Truck bypass for my Ram.
Thanks.

Imma just tear into the dash & get to the canbkocks.

All I need now, is time...

Bob

Finney83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Could use a bit of help! I have a 2k12 ST(yes it has GXM sales code). I have alfaobd and two blank fobs(I'm using atm, an aftermarket traditional key. As I bought the truck a few years ago and he didnt have the fob). I run alfa, following the steps but it just sits there for 20min saying started. How long does this typically take(trying to kill battery if possible).

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hello yall, i added the aux panel to my truck today that i got from 4th gen electronics. the relay box is mounted i just havent hooked up the two power wires to it. all the other wiring is done. all the buttons light up on the aux panel buttons 1-5 when i turn them on, and go off when i turn the off.

now i'm trying to get the truck to show the aux panel settings in either the 7inch cluster or the 8.4 radio, so far havent had success, i've used the alphaobd program to turn those on in the computer, but i'm still not seeing the customer programable settings.

here is the latest body control data dump i've from today after setting them.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fp8eUPPbe4jD8oYsu3WGcmKzLnxz0Bco

any help would be greatful if i can get the cluster or the radio to show the aux panel customizable features.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
hello yall, i added the aux panel to my truck today that i got from 4th gen electronics. the relay box is mounted i just havent hooked up the two power wires to it. all the other wiring is done. all the buttons light up on the aux panel buttons 1-5 when i turn them on, and go off when i turn the off.

now i'm trying to get the truck to show the aux panel settings in either the 7inch cluster or the 8.4 radio, so far havent had success, i've used the alphaobd program to turn those on in the computer, but i'm still not seeing the customer programable settings.

here is the latest body control data dump i've from today after setting them.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Fp8eUPPbe4jD8oYsu3WGcmKzLnxz0Bco

any help would be greatful if i can get the cluster or the radio to show the aux panel customizable features.
First thing I see is you want the aux switch CSM to be the 1-4 option. They will show up first in the EVIC under commercial settings. They’ll show up in the radio settings about a day later.

cityredneck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First thing I see is you want the aux switch CSM to be the 1-4 option. They will show up first in the EVIC under commercial settings. They’ll show up in the radio settings about a day later.

cool, thank you! i go change it right quick.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@Jimmy07 every time I try to set the IPC settings menu the "yes" option sticks but I never see the menu show up in the EVIC. Any ideas?

I also don't see meant of these options in the radio either?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
@Jimmy07 every time I try to set the IPC settings menu the "yes" option sticks but I never see the menu show up in the EVIC. Any ideas?

I also don't see meant of these options in the radio either?

Are you talking about the aux switch settings? That one, in particular, is one setting that just happens to show up in both the radio and EVIC settings. Or, are you referring to having all of the customer settings in the cluster, instead of in the radio?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Are you talking about the aux switch settings? That one, in particular, is one setting that just happens to show up in both the radio and EVIC settings. Or, are you referring to having all of the customer settings in the cluster, instead of in the radio?
The customer settings. I set the IPC menu to Yes but it never appears in the cluster. I also believe my radio is missing many settings too.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The customer settings. I set the IPC menu to Yes but it never appears in the cluster. I also believe my radio is missing many settings too.

I’m not sure about that one. I’m not seeing any settings in my BCM log that has to do with the cluster menu. Closest one I see is ECU 4 IPC feature configuration. It shows “not defined”. I’ll have to hook up to my truck and try to change it to see what it is actually set to.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I’m not sure about that one. I’m not seeing any settings in my BCM log that has to do with the cluster menu. Closest one I see is ECU 4 IPC feature configuration. It shows “not defined”. I’ll have to hook up to my truck and try to change it to see what it is actually set to.
Yes that's the one I've changed. I'm told it adds settings to the EVIC

JoeGo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I am new with alfaobd. I tried making a backup following the instructions but when I go to google drive the file is blank. Has anyone experienced this. I followed the step by step instructions on the first post of this thread. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am new with alfaobd. I tried making a backup following the instructions but when I go to google drive the file is blank. Has anyone experienced this. I followed the step by step instructions on the first post of this thread. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I have the same issue , the file is always blank . Not sure what the fix is but I’m sure there is one .
For now I write every setting I change down so I know .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeGo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I have the same issue , the file is always blank . Not sure what the fix is but I’m sure there is one .
For now I write every setting I change down so I know .

Ok I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’m hesitant to make any changes now. I guess I can write everything thing down too. Just wish I could have that initial log.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok I’m glad I’m not the only one. I’m hesitant to make any changes now. I guess I can write everything thing down too. Just wish I could have that initial log.

Try connecting to the bcm, click on the battery icon. Then try and upload to Google drive

Jordanp

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Yea I gave up on it as I had to much stuff I needed to get done and no time to mess with a backup file .
I’m sure it has something to do with phone and Alfa version or something .
It’s probably some setting that needs enabled .

JoeGo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I clicked on the battery icon then clicked read system ID and a lot populated with all of the features I think. Then when I go back to load to google drive I still have a blank file.

Never mind. It’s all there now. Thanks!!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I clicked on the battery icon then clicked read system ID and a lot populated with all of the features I think. Then when I go back to load to google drive I still have a blank file.

Are you trying to view it on a computer or device? I've had it show blank on my phone but was able to read it on my computer

JoeGo88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Are you trying to view it on a computer or device? I've had it show blank on my phone but was able to read it on my computer

I was trying on the tablet. But it uploaded now once I clicked the battery then tried again. Thanks!