AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
is your 18 the "classic" MK4 and the tails are from a "NEW style" MK5 ???
I thought they did not interchange if they DO that is COOL to hear
The LED taillights from a 2019/2020 2500 HD will fit the 4th gen 1500.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/2019-hd-tail-lights-in-a-4th-gen.151018/
To pile on what @chrisbh17 said, many parts from the 5th Generation Heavy duty trucks should fit 4th generation Rams from the cab (excluding the dash) on back to the rear bumper.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine was like that then I just hit one of the direction buttons on the steering wheel I think right and it came up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info!
It actually started working once I did the odometer correction.
I'm assuming it did some sort of reset.
Still good info if we ever come across it again..
Thanks for chiming in.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Quick question, is mileage only available via the cluster in AlfaOBD or can it be read from the truck computer too? I just got a new cluster and my 2013 cluster doesn't show tenths...

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Quick question, is mileage only available via the cluster in AlfaOBD or can it be read from the truck computer too? I just got a new cluster and my 2013 cluster doesn't show tenths...

You can view it in the rf hub read you read system id but it's in kilometers and I think it pulls it from the cluster but not sure

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You can view it in the rf hub read you read system id but it's in kilometers and I think it pulls it from the cluster but not sure

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Awesome thanks! If it pulls from the cluster that's ok as well. I just don't have the option to view tenths in my 2013 cluster installed in my 2014 truck. I'm going to try a 2018 cluster now.

Justin Collins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question guys, going to buy an obdlink and the alphaobd program mainly to program my tires. Speedo is off. The question I have is will the obdlink mx+ offer any benefits for using alphaobd? Not really interested in the other apps that come with it and the obdlink mx is only half the cost of the mx+

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quick question guys, going to buy an obdlink and the alphaobd program mainly to program my tires. Speedo is off. The question I have is will the obdlink mx+ offer any benefits for using alphaobd? Not really interested in the other apps that come with it and the obdlink mx is only half the cost of the mx+
For programming, all you need is the MX. MX+ provides IOS support, for other apps.. ALFA does not support IOS, so the additional cost isn't really worth it, since you're not interested in other capabilities, outside of ALFA.

How this helps.

Bob

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The question I have is will the obdlink mx+ offer any benefits for using alphaobd? Not really interested in the other apps that come with it and the obdlink mx is only half the cost of the mx+
Either one is fine, the developer recommends either one. The advantage of the MX+ is that you can use it with iOS devices but AlfaOBD is only for Android or Windows

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm using a regular MX with no problems, the MX+ is just a newer version

Frankwhoa

Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I programmed a keyfob for the wifes Dodge using the method on here for RAMs and it worked.
How do I know if I need to run 'EVL Replaced', 'ESCL Replaced', and/or 'PEM Replaced'? See pic

View media item 28782

Last edited:

Syciu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone programmed the Auto Power Folding function? What she give Do the mirrors automatically fold themselves when closing?

Jeff Krawczyk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys looking for some help....I just finished retrofitting mynquads and also installed switchback directional I changed the led turn/marker to yes and the led turn to yes but I'm still get a left and right marker out in my evic....is there anything else that I'm missing....thanks also when I switch to high beam I get a right low beam out any thoughts on that

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone programmed the Auto Power Folding function? What she give Do the mirrors automatically fold themselves when closing?
Does not work for our trucks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Andrew OMara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to the forum here. Hope to really dive in and learn some things in the near future. Bought my first diesel ram but had to overlook some features in order to afford it. I have a 2014 2500 cummins. I installed an aftermarket reverse camera from infotainment. The handle is mopar and they built a harness that is a passthrough that plugs right in the back of my radio which is a uconnect 8.4. I am using a OBDLINK LX and I followed the guidelines on here for ALFAOBD and changed everything but all I am getting is a blue screen when I put it in reverse. I went back and triple checked that everything is selected. It has been over 12 hours and still no change. I originally went into my2015 bcm because on youtube both installers did this and did not mention I needed to do the year of my truck. I thought that was maybe the case but when i went into my2014 bcm the selections were all changed. Is it possible the bcm is trying to send the video to the rearview mirror instead of the uconnect? I am just trying to think of a reason why.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to the forum here. Hope to really dive in and learn some things in the near future. Bought my first diesel ram but had to overlook some features in order to afford it. I have a 2014 2500 cummins. I installed an aftermarket reverse camera from infotainment. The handle is mopar and they built a harness that is a passthrough that plugs right in the back of my radio which is a uconnect 8.4. I am using a OBDLINK LX and I followed the guidelines on here for ALFAOBD and changed everything but all I am getting is a blue screen when I put it in reverse. I went back and triple checked that everything is selected. It has been over 12 hours and still no change. I originally went into my2015 bcm because on youtube both installers did this and did not mention I needed to do the year of my truck. I thought that was maybe the case but when i went into my2014 bcm the selections were all changed. Is it possible the bcm is trying to send the video to the rearview mirror instead of the uconnect? I am just trying to think of a reason why.
I have only installed the backup camera kits from Mopar which install the same way it would if it was equipped from the factory so I don't have any first hand knowledge with their kit. I can tell you that if the truck has a blue screen would appear it is looking for the camera signal but can't find it which should show the codes are set. The only trucks that have a factory backup camera that would send the signal to the rearview mirror are trucks equipped with the RA1 non touch screen radio and the 13 to 15 trucks with the 8.4" radio that have the backup camera with the Cargo Cam option. If you haven't enabled the Cargo Cam it should send the signal to the radio. If it was trying to send the signal to the rearview mirror you shouldn't get a blue screen on the radio. The kit from Mopar actually has three wires that pin into the connector on the back of the radio that sends the camera signal and another trigger wire that pins to the BCM in the factory location to activate the camera when in reverse. If I remember correctly I think Infotainment uses a big harness that goes between the radio connectors and the radio. Hopfuly someone who has installed there system will chime in and be able to help you trouble shoot it. I would go through all of your install again just to verify you have installed everything correctly and then possibly call them to help you troubleshoot if no one hear can answer your question. I have seen a few cases in the past with people getting a bad harness when trying to install the Infotainment Cargo Cam harness. It's unlikely you have a bad harness so not saying that's your issue but it does happen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Syciu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
three quick questions - The first question - when you start the engine remotely from the remote control turns on the seat and steering wheel heating but unfortunately the fan does not blow on the glass - as if it was turned off - can it be started somehow? It's nice as if the interior was warming up. The second question - when you start the engine remotely from the remote control I do not light any lamps on the front but the lamps on the back are lit - something to set? Third question - I don't get dark with the exterior mirrors - should something be coded?

LI Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
three quick questions - The first question - when you start the engine remotely from the remote control turns on the seat and steering wheel heating but unfortunately the fan does not blow on the glass - as if it was turned off - can it be started somehow? It's nice as if the interior was warming up. The second question - when you start the engine remotely from the remote control I do not light any lamps on the front but the lamps on the back are lit - something to set? Third question - I don't get dark with the exterior mirrors - should something be coded?
The fan I think doesn't blow until up to temperature...I never noticed exterior mirrors dimming...When remotely started all my lights come on and when I unlock the doors my 3rd brake light (led white light) illuminates the bed..

Andrew OMara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes you are correct. The Infotainment uses a big harness that looks identical to the large harness that plugs into the radio just with the added camera input that I plug into. I will redo all of my steps and see if I can find anything. Thank you for your knowledge and help RICKS RAM. If i cant find anything I will contact the company and see what they say.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, I bought a new EVIC to see if upgrading from a 2013 EVIC to a 2018 EVIC would resolve my compass heading not displaying with a UAS radio installed. Ever since installing a 2019 UAS, the compass heading displays "--"

So, the same thing occurs with a 2018 EVIC as well so I'll likely be selling it. While I had it though I decided to try to change mileage and engine hours for fun. My original EVIC was programmed years ago by Dominic at TVandNavToGo so I didn't have a need.

I ran into the same problems others have seen when attempting to program mileage. It would say failed or procedure complete but none other the odometer or hour readings would change. I was using this cheap blue OBD reader...

Veepeak Mini Bluetooth OBD2 OBDII EOBD Scanner Adapter Automotive Check Engine Light Diagnostic Code Reader for Android Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011NSX27A/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_7wURNbPSjmOWm

It works for many things in Alfa so I thought it would work for mileage correction too. It didn't.

So I finally broke down and got the OBDLink MX. It worked the first try (although it said procedure failed the mileage changed). That being said, if you can't get mileage correction to work and you aren't using the OBDLink MX or MX+, go buy one!

So while I couldn't fix my original problem I'll at least be able to sell a cluster with corrected mileage to a buyer so not a total wash...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk