AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello everyone. I’m new to this forum. I have a 2013 1500. I’m in the middle of adding an oem backup camera. I did the install now I’m using Alfaobd to activate it. I’m not getting any luck with it. Can anyone help. Thank you much appreciated.

Jay23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you SitKneelBend - was able to get it all connected now.

Trying to activate the rear view camera I installed in my truck (2015 Tradesman with a RA2) but when I go to select the gridlines it says "This option is not supported by the body computer modification" - does this mean it is something I can't activate with the alpha tool and must have the dealership flash?
Were you able to solve this issue?

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes I am connected to wifi but using blutooth for link to OBD reader...

it is strictly not an upload problem, it is a link to google drive problem

EDIT look back to #10747

This is an issue with the Alpha OBD software. I purchased the software last August and it has been a problem ever since.

I do not have a Kindle, I have a Samsung android pad. The last several times I did a back up, I was able to email it to myself. I can’t remember the steps off hand.
The nice thing about doing this is, you can save it to the desktop as a text file, then use a search function to go through it if you are looking for specific text.

So yes it’s an issue for some of us. I was hoping the most recent update will fix this but it didn’t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TX3500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7CTD
New here..Not new to Ram. I’ve read pretty much all 1077 pages of this thread. I’ve read the first page and all links that will cover way list of mods to come. I need clarification on PTS from regular fobik on a 2014. When the instructions were done it didn’t seem that the 17 rf hub was out. Can you simply get a hub for a 17 with fobs and PTS button, reset hub to your truck via Alfa or are the other antennas and such still required since the newer rf hubs are internal? Or am I wrong in my thinking? Feel free to PM the info if needed. Long time lurker but glad to finally be a member.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
New here..Not new to Ram. I’ve read pretty much all 1077 pages of this thread. I’ve read the first page and all links that will cover way list of mods to come. I need clarification on PTS from regular fobik on a 2014. When the instructions were done it didn’t seem that the 17 rf hub was out. Can you simply get a hub for a 17 with fobs and PTS button, reset hub to your truck via Alfa or are the other antennas and such still required since the newer rf hubs are internal? Or am I wrong in my thinking? Feel free to PM the info if needed. Long time lurker but glad to finally be a member.
A few members have definitely used a 2017 hub on earlier years, I’m just not sure if 2014 was one of them (although I would think it would work). That being said, to get push button start to work (and passive entry), you still need the appropriate antennas (they’re $9 each). The only thing the 2017 hub eliminates the need for is the extra remote start antenna.

TX3500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7CTD
A few members have definitely used a 2017 hub on earlier years, I’m just not sure if 2014 was one of them (although I would think it would work). That being said, to get push button start to work (and passive entry), you still need the appropriate antennas (they’re $9 each). The only thing the 2017 hub eliminates the need for is the extra remote start antenna.
Thank you. I don’t care for passive entry personally so I won’t be going that far. I do need new fobs so I figured I may as well “upgrade” while I’m at it. Basically wanted as plug and play as possible.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you. I don’t care for passive entry personally so I won’t be going that far. I do need new fobs so I figured I may as well “upgrade” while I’m at it. Basically wanted as plug and play as possible.
You still need 2 antennae for the push to start. The ones that mount under the console and to the back wall of the cab.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

TX3500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7CTD
You still need 2 antennae for the push to start. The ones that mount under the console and to the back wall of the cab.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks for clearing that up

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Installed the TBC yesterday and used alpha to activate the trailer options in the 8.4 radio but nothing showing in the EVIC does anyone know what setting to enable to so the trailer settings show in the cluster?

Shugarrckbx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you enable 4 settings with alpha? There are four, it should show, I did it and it showed , do you have a 7 inch premium cluster? It would be in the left scroll menu..

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Did you enable 4 settings with alpha? There are four, it should show, I did it and it showed , do you have a 7 inch premium cluster? It would be in the left scroll menu..
i enabled 3 can't find the fourth yes 7 in premium cluster.

Shugarrckbx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Which 3 did u enable? One is the module, it's up some in the list from the other 3 in cust settings...

Shugarrckbx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The 4 you need to turn on are... ITPM/HWM intergrated trailer brake module select enabled. The other 3 are trailer select,trailer name,trailer type in CSM -those select YES. Then you should be good!

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
The 4 you need to turn on are... ITPM/HWM intergrated trailer brake module select enabled. The other 3 are trailer select,trailer name,trailer type in CSM -those select YES. Then you should be good!

Thank you! and the other guys the replied that did if of course. I ended up zip tying the the mounting plate and only using one screw just to hard to get in installed otherwise.

60713271134__0BE7668C-9FC6-456D-A6B1-1AF2FE2B9F47.jpeg

60705629626__F0FE4834-0C4D-4D20-B00A-50DD7F2E7210.jpeg

Shugarrckbx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Awesome! Glad you got it working! That mounting bracket is a PITA! I got all 3 screws in, but chewed up the top of my hand by forcing down in there and only getting a 16th of a turn at a time, really sucked. Zip ties will work.

Jay23

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I haven’t been able to get past it yet. Wondering if I just have to have the dealership flash it instead ?
I just finished installing mine. On the AlfaOBD it kept saying that, but once I got the camera going the active lines show.

NapaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Awesome! Glad you got it working! That mounting bracket is a PITA! I got all 3 screws in, but chewed up the top of my hand by forcing down in there and only getting a 16th of a turn at a time, really sucked. Zip ties will work.

Thanks again for all your help. I was able to zip tie through the upper right bolt hole and the upper left I had to zip tie around that upper corner. It felt pretty secure to me so I think I should be good to go. My express had the two package why the TBC doesn't come standard with that package is a mystery to me.