AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok, so it stopped changing mileage for you once you set it to zero right? So, I wonder what would happen if you drive it and let 1 mile rollover? Then try to program it again, maybe it's hung up?

Just keep track of things manually so you can program an accurate odometer reading. You can watch the trip meter to see if it's tracking mileage properly on your short drive.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Took it for one lap around the block, rolled over to 1mi. Tried to then reset it to 100911 miles, but nothing. It stayed at 1.

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok, so it stopped changing mileage for you once you set it to zero right? So, I wonder what would happen if you drive it and let 1 mile rollover? Then try to program it again, maybe it's hung up?

Just keep track of things manually so you can program an accurate odometer reading. You can watch the trip meter to see if it's tracking mileage properly on your short drive.

Here are the steps I took on my last attempt. Let me know y’all can see something I did wrong
01ed9e2b9134a17cad971cdff34436d5.jpg

4c9447bf90089b104e41a129cd27b632.jpg
1dec6e5ef0830865e7dbe089be5cf0b1.jpg
d24205a7effd02b4538bafd749dff7d4.jpg
51b5eec485fed8fa7611dd0588870915.jpg
b47ca5441e6ce6e488ae70282077b92e.jpg
672e2cd708779deb0578237810b658ab.jpg
60c8f7c6bd159cccec760954670597ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Here are the steps I took on my last attempt. Let me know y’all can see something I did wrong
01ed9e2b9134a17cad971cdff34436d5.jpg

4c9447bf90089b104e41a129cd27b632.jpg
1dec6e5ef0830865e7dbe089be5cf0b1.jpg
d24205a7effd02b4538bafd749dff7d4.jpg
51b5eec485fed8fa7611dd0588870915.jpg
b47ca5441e6ce6e488ae70282077b92e.jpg
672e2cd708779deb0578237810b658ab.jpg
60c8f7c6bd159cccec760954670597ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Try doing only 1 click and don't turn it on and off when it asks (just hit ok). If you haven't updated ALFAOBD today, try that too

RTom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
When I try to connect via AlfaOBD to my OBD2 scanner (which I've successfully done in the past) I'm now getting an error that reads: "Error opening port. You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network. If joining a domain, go to System Control Panel to change the computer name and try again. If joining a workgroup, choose another workgroup name"

I'm using the same laptop, same OBD tool, same truck, etc. Any ideas on how to fix this?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
When I try to connect via AlfaOBD to my OBD2 scanner (which I've successfully done in the past) I'm now getting an error that reads: "Error opening port. You were not connected because a duplicate name exists on the network. If joining a domain, go to System Control Panel to change the computer name and try again. If joining a workgroup, choose another workgroup name"

I'm using the same laptop, same OBD tool, same truck, etc. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Try changing your laptop's computer name to something different.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/change-your-computer-name-in-windows-vista/

jimlmackjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Gurrrrr.

Went tot local Stealership
I went to the service department and ask to get my 4 digit PIN and they told me it cost me 150$

Anyone have this issues
I would like to reset my TPMS. But you need the pin to reset it

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I went to the service department and ask to get my 4 digit PIN and they told me it cost me 150$

Anyone have this issues

find a different dealer, that's beyond stealing

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gurrrrr.

Anyone have this issues

Technically they should give it to you for free. Some dealers ask for $15. Ive never seen $150 but Im not surprised, thats why they are called stealerships after all.

There is an app on the Google Play Store that you can download...then you pay $15 for 1 "credit", and use that 1 "credit" for 1 PIN pulling of your choosing. SO basically it ends up costing you $15 and you dont need to bother with the dealer.

If you try a dealer, make sure you go to the PARTS COUNTER, not service, surely not sales, but PARTS COUNTER. Bring license and registration and let them know you are looking for the 4 digit pin for TPMS use. Its NOT the radio code, nor is is the key cutting code.

jimlmackjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Technically they should give it to you for free. Some dealers ask for $15. Ive never seen $150 but Im not surprised, thats why they are called stealerships after all.

There is an app on the Google Play Store that you can download...then you pay $15 for 1 "credit", and use that 1 "credit" for 1 PIN pulling of your choosing. SO basically it ends up costing you $15 and you dont need to bother with the dealer.

If you try a dealer, make sure you go to the PARTS COUNTER, not service, surely not sales, but PARTS COUNTER. Bring license and registration and let them know you are looking for the 4 digit pin for TPMS use. Its NOT the radio code, nor is is the key cutting code.

I did go to the parts department first and he told me ya that the service area

What that app called I try that first

RTom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thank you SitKneelBend - was able to get it all connected now.

Trying to activate the rear view camera I installed in my truck (2015 Tradesman with a RA2) but when I go to select the gridlines it says "This option is not supported by the body computer modification" - does this mean it is something I can't activate with the alpha tool and must have the dealership flash?

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Try doing only 1 click and don't turn it on and off when it asks (just hit ok). If you haven't updated ALFAOBD today, try that too

Tried the one-click and two clicks, pressing ok at the requested time and without turning the car off. I even tried today in a big parking lot to see if maybe I was getting some Bluetooth interference.

No luck.

Weird thing, when I switched the old cluster back in the mileage was what it should be but I got an alert saying that I had traveled 32000km since my last oil change. So some info is transferring but not all of it.

jimlmackjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ok questions.
I added a garage door overhead console

I've asked before and I can't find my old post.

I did kind of remember what a member mentioned to activate in Alfaobd.

But it will not program. So I wonder if there a second setting to activate.

What I get right now is I can clear all 3 buttons. The button on the Evoc Screen said learning but never learns

Any help please

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Tried the one-click and two clicks, pressing ok at the requested time and without turning the car off. I even tried today in a big parking lot to see if maybe I was getting some Bluetooth interference.

No luck.

Weird thing, when I switched the old cluster back in the mileage was what it should be but I got an alert saying that I had traveled 32000km since my last oil change. So some info is transferring but not all of it.
Ok, last thing I can think of to try is unpair your OBDLINK MX from your phone completely and un-install the AlfaOBD app. Then reinstall the app and re-pair the OBDLink. When you first open your AlfaOBD App, make sure you set the OBDLINK MX as the default when it prompts.

Finally, if your phone connects to any other Bluetooth devices, make sure they are off or out of range/not connected (like a car radio Bluetooth connection or headphones). You can unpair those as well if you have difficulty keeping them from connecting.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok questions.
I added a garage door overhead console

I've asked before and I can't find my old post.

I did kind of remember what a member mentioned to activate in Alfaobd.

But it will not program. So I wonder if there a second setting to activate.

What I get right now is I can clear all 3 buttons. The button on the Evoc Screen said learning but never learns

Any help please
If you see it in the EVIC I believe you're all good as far as AlfaOBD is concerned. You should look for some specific HomeLink threads on failures to learn. I think when I had this problem with my father in law's truck it was because I wasn't moving fast enough. Maybe if you have two people it will learn properly?

Last edited:

jimlmackjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If you see it in the EVIC I believe you're all good as far as AlfaOBD is concerned. You should look for some specific HomeLink threads on failures to learn. I think when I had this problem with my father in law's truck it was because I wasn't moving fast enough. Maybe if you have two people it will learn properly?

Ok after reading a few post the issue is that you HAVE to use the remote control to program the buttons

colport833

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 Classic
Engine
hemi
Can someone post how2 setting for front led turn signals (bulbs) please?
I must have done something wrong. The rears (same brand) are good, no warning. But, the fronts are giving a warning.
Thanks
Mine give the error..sometimes..I have switchbacks..but they flash at a normal rate...just not in the dash..odd glitch.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel

No luck.

I used an older version of Alpha 2.1.7.3. I tried with key at first click and at second click. Neither worked. I had to open the door with the key in the ignition but not turned on to wake up the cluster so it showed the mileage. When I entered the numbers in the mileage box in Alpha there were some invisible characters in there so I had to click on the mileage box and make sure I deleted whatever was there before inputing the mileage. It then showed procedure complete. The only thing I saw on the display was the needles jumped a bit. It never showed anything on the LCD other than mileage which disappeared during the procedure. After that I started the truck normally and the mileage was correct.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

No luck.

Hey, @NovaScotia Ram, I went through all of your posts on this but did not see if you have checked for any firmware updates for your OBDLink MX. IIRC, there was a problem with other brands of OBDII readers not being fast enough to change the mileage. Have you tried that? Just a thought because that's about the only thing you haven't tried, it appears.

You have to be careful doing that. When I updated my OBDLink right after receiving it, something didn't work exactly right, and I bricked it. I had to find their recovery steps to get it working again.

NovaScotia Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I used an older version of Alpha 2.1.7.3. I tried with key at first click and at second click. Neither worked. I had to open the door with the key in the ignition but not turned on to wake up the cluster so it showed the mileage. When I entered the numbers in the mileage box in Alpha there were some invisible characters in there so I had to click on the mileage box and make sure I deleted whatever was there before inputing the mileage. It then showed procedure complete. The only thing I saw on the display was the needles jumped a bit. It never showed anything on the LCD other than mileage which disappeared during the procedure. After that I started the truck normally and the mileage was correct.

We are going through a bit of a snow storm here today so I can't check this, but I am going to give this a go tomorrow.

@RodeoRam, I did a firmware update on my OBDLink MX once I got it. I know that it is still working because I can still update the idle and total hours. however, I do think that neither the tablet that I am using or the cheap windows laptop that I have are "fast" enough and that seems to be an issue. I am going to try the above procedure before I give up all hope on this cluster....for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963