AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Update:

I heard back from Alexey the developer. He actually cancelled the Paypal transaction. He stated he could get it working as he already did with another customer with a my2012 Ram. So I agreed to pay him for both android and windows version if he could get it working.

He’s very friendly and willing to help. He thinks it’s a timing issue due to the power-net style system in my truck. He said they are more sensitive than others.

So that said we are working together, and we shall see if he can get it working. I will be so freaking happy.

I’d love to know what package to enable to have my evic show rebel splash haha. I want to put the rebel front clip on my truck. I’m in the process of getting rid of the 12 sport bumper and putting on 13+ steel bumper. I’ll save this for another forum topic.
Do pre-2013’s even have a splash screens for the EVIC? I know they are completely different than the 2013+ premium clusters.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do pre-2013’s even have a splash screens for the EVIC? I know they are completely different than the 2013+ premium clusters.
Good point, I'm not sure either.

Just went and checked to make sure and it is in special packages under the name of "off road truck". Kinda cool looking.

IMG-5340.JPG

Danohall

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
CHACH! Thank You!........Got FOBIK SAFE ENABLE in the RFH hub "set" and now the safety feature of not locking the FOBIK inside the truck WORKS!

I had added KEYLESS GO to my RAM and wanted the safety feature that prevents locking the FOB in the truck to work. With the FOB inside and locking the door with the door control button by the power window switch, if you close the door the lock button pops back up and the horn chirps 3 times. To get that same function I changed 3 settings in the BCM. KEYLESS GO / PASSIVE ENTRY PRESENT / FOBIK SAFE ENABLE. After changing the BCM the safety feature was not working and posted here looking for input. An additional step that was missing and needed that CHACH caught was to UPDATE THE RFH hub. I followed Chach's instructions and SUCCESS, the feature works!

Hope member DANOHALL sees this post, he was attempting the same.............

PS.....DANOHALL...if you do this as well please note that your trucks PIN number for the RFH hub was changed when you got the new RFH hub from AutoTechElectronic. Call them to confirm your new PIN for the RFH hub.

Success!! Took forever to find the right menu because...well...I went in blind. Operates a little differently than my car. If you lock the door with the FOB inside, it will automatically unlock the doors. The RAM waits until you shut the door and then goes crazy warnings.

I tried to activate the "tilt mirrors in reverse" feature but looks like it didn't take.

mjf6175, you were right about the PIN. Glad you told me. Autotech replied with a "well, it should be this..." which gave me confidence...not.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I changed my DRL's from turn signal to high beams - previous posted made good point they aren't used as often, at least not typically. It's a "reduced power' high beam, which I suspect is normal when used as a DRL.

That Rebel/Off Road Truck splash does look nice, I may switch to it.

Edit - switched to Rebel logo, I like it. I also swapped the 8.4 to SRT per 1st post, but it didn't seem to take, I'll check it again tomorrow.

SRT logo did take, just takes longer than others as already mentioned earlier in the thread.
Poser status activated lol...

Last edited:

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
Still looking for a tuned tranny dump file if anybody has one?

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
There are 2 PIN codes for your truck. The pin code you want is only 4 digits and its not a rolling code. The other PIN code is 5 digits (one being a letter) and it is a rolling code. You do not want the rolling one.

Be prepared to maybe running into push back by service depts., many will not give you the code. They treat it as being owned by FCA. Usually have better luck at the parts counter in getting your PIN.

I was able to get mine, although I did get a bit of pushback. He was willing to give it to me easy enough - they know me I've bought a few things there - but kept talking about the rolling code and how it might change, etc. and how it wouldn't really do me any good, etc, and I was like fine, fine sure just give me the code :).

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I have a quick question regarding VTA from anyone with possible experience.
With an aftermarket remote start, would activation of the base Vehicle Theft Activation would cause the alarm to sound upon remote starting.
Thanks.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was able to get mine, although I did get a bit of pushback. He was willing to give it to me easy enough - they know me I've bought a few things there - but kept talking about the rolling code and how it might change, etc. and how it wouldn't really do me any good, etc, and I was like fine, fine sure just give me the code :).
I finally got my code the other day and the guy that gave me the code said it would expire in like 30 days too. So much of a hassle getting that dang thing. It took me a trip to four different dealerships to get it. And when he disappeared with my registration through a door behind the counter, he wrote the code on my registration... HAHA really??

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I finally got my code the other day and the guy that gave me the code said it would expire in like 30 days too. So much of a hassle getting that dang thing. It took me a trip to four different dealerships to get it. And when he disappeared with my registration through a door behind the counter, he wrote the code on my registration... HAHA really??
The 4 digit PIN that you need never changes. Are you sure he didn’t give you a rolling PIN?

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The 4 digit PIN that you need never changes. Are you sure he didn’t give you a rolling PIN?
Yeah. The rolling pin has a letter in it the one he gave me was the 4 digit one. He was just being difficult like all of the dealerships I went to.

Although, I haven't tried the pin yet.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a quick question regarding VTA from anyone with possible experience.
With an aftermarket remote start, would activation of the base Vehicle Theft Activation would cause the alarm to sound upon remote starting.
Thanks.
Not really sure. The factory remote doesn't and I would not think an aftermarket one would either. When you lock your truck the VTA sets itself and the only way I believe it will go off is if the truck is forcible opened. When your remote start it ensures the truck is locked then starts. You have to unlock the doors before entering so it would disable the VTA.

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah. The rolling pin has a letter in it the one he gave me was the 4 digit one. He was just being difficult like all of the dealerships I went to.

Although, I haven't tried the pin yet.
The 5 digit code that starts with a letter, may very well be the id for cutting a key. Mine starts with an M.

My dealer said they never give out rolling pin, only tech gets them while working on truck, and supposedly only good for 24 - 48 hours, again according to what dealer stated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Aaron Gilliam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Another update. Incase people have missed this, I have a ‘12 ram express and have been in contact with the developer.

I sent him the debug bin file and he found that all the adapters I was using were elm based. Which was correct for 2. I narrowed a friends obdlink MX that also he said showed was elm based. I ordered a legit obdlink MX 2 days ago and should Be here soon. Alexey said that the timing issues I’d the elm adapter was causing problems. He said I was able to change settings in the GM HEV section which I know doesn’t apply to my truck as well as P/T Chassis settings because those timings are a little different than the other networks on the bus.

He said that this previously had issues with a 12 ram for another of his customers, but he was able to fix it. So he’s extremely confident it will work once I get the legit obdlink.

I did take 1 of my adapters apart that said it was an elm327 and found it wasn’t even elm. It was a pic80 chip! Dang chinese counterfeits.

Aaron Gilliam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Could someone do me a favor and post a pic of their OBDII connector front and back side, or telling me what wire is in which cavity. I’d really appreciate it! I want to see if I need to bring 125k can tot he plug.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could someone do me a favor and post a pic of their OBDII connector front and back side, or telling me what wire is in which cavity. I’d really appreciate it! I want to see if I need to bring 125k can tot he plug.

6274709dd816752fc79b1b7cadeec96f.jpg766903410a5247a589d5fb76086b8880.jpge9ea17e4ef8c7d98c74fecb61e316039.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi

My dealer gave me a printout showing my vehicle info and VIN with both PIN numbers. They just had to make a copy of my DL and registration proving ownership of the vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 & 2018
Engine
Hemi 5.7 & Cummins
Got my PIN today from the dealership that I bought both my trucks from. I told the parts guy that I was upgrading the key to one that could stay in my pocket (I have the type you have to put in the socket) and needed the PIN to program it. He checked the registration and my driver's license to make sure it was my truck and wrote down both PINs for me on a sticky. No charge.

Hopefully my Infotainment FCA Security Bypass module arrives today and I'm set to really mess some stuff up!

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In regards to AutoPark, the AutoPark Present and AutoPark CSM were both "Not set" on my config. My truck acts like it has at least some form of AutoPark, but FCA computer says my truck still needs it applied.

I wonder if the settings would act different (or even actually work) if the update was officially applied...I would love to be able to disable it.

FYI I was able to get the "mirrors tilt in reverse" setting to actually stick, but it doesnt do anything (presumably because I dont have the memory mirrors). I still dont understand why that is a requirement, since there is already a signal provided for mirror down using the regular controls.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In regards to AutoPark, the AutoPark Present and AutoPark CSM were both "Not set" on my config. My truck acts like it has at least some form of AutoPark, but FCA computer says my truck still needs it applied.

I wonder if the settings would act different (or even actually work) if the update was officially applied...I would love to be able to disable it.

FYI I was able to get the "mirrors tilt in reverse" setting to actually stick, but it doesnt do anything (presumably because I dont have the memory mirrors). I still dont understand why that is a requirement, since there is already a signal provided for mirror down using the regular controls.
They wont work because the mirrors don't have anything to communicate with to tell them how to go back to their original position. That's why you have to activate the memory mirror codes and have memory mirrors so they can communicate with your door modules.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk