AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
According to the video the MX+ wont work with anything but an apple?
I can see how others thought i came across as the MX+ only worked with Apple. I apologise. MX plus works both with Android and Apple products.
However alfaOBD is only available for Android and PC. Thus meaning, if you have an Apple phone it is not going to work.
You will never be able to download the app through any Apple store because it is not available.
I hope this clears up any confusion and not cause more lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
According to the video the MX+ wont work with anything but an apple?

As other's stated, mx+ works with both android and apple. Whereas the mx works only with Android. The mx+ does have the ability to use more specific features on other brand vehicles like chevy/gm within the OBDlink app that's available with the mx/mx+ reader.

Alfaobd is android/windows only.

I think sometimes alfaobd/mx/mx+ get mixed up in the conversations and cause confusion.

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can see how others thought i came across as the MX+ only worked with Apple. I apologise. MX plus works both with Android and Apple products.
However alfaOBD is only available for Android and PC. Thus meaning, if you have an Apple phone it is not going to work.
You will never be able to download the app through any Apple store because it is not available.
I hope this clears up any confusion and not cause more lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thank you for clearing that up everyone, I am expecting it to be delivered today. Yes, i have android phone and tablets (actually hate apple lol) so I will have no issues. Be ready for lots of questions. Besides tweaking functions in cars can the alphaOBD do regular diagnostics?

mrugg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Thank you for clearing that up everyone, I am expecting it to be delivered today. Yes, i have android phone and tablets (actually hate apple lol) so I will have no issues. Be ready for lots of questions. Besides tweaking functions in cars can the alphaOBD do regular diagnostics?
I was also curious about the diagnostics? I couldn't find anything myself messing around with it these past couple of days. I was looking a way to ready the codes when dash lights come on but can't figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Yes. You actually have more ability with alfaobd to run and clear codes other than engine which is what most typical scanners do.

With a typical scanner you can only clear engine related codes (whatever will trip the check engine light)

Alfaobd you can check and clear, engine, body, abs, rf hub and I believe trans codes

mrugg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Yes. You actually have more ability with alfaobd to run and clear codes other than engine which is what most typical scanners do.

With a typical scanner you can only clear engine related codes (whatever will trip the check engine light)

Alfaobd you can check and clear, engine, body, abs, rf hub and I believe trans codes

Big Daddy's House needs to do a tutorial video on these as well. That's if doesn't mind.

mrugg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins

Big Daddy's House I was not being sarcastic I really appreciate your videos. I have been watching and trying to learn even though my truck is 2 years older

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Pulled out my by-pass harness today as I am getting ready to hit the dealer for an oil change this week and ran a scan of systems modules tonight and wow... I have several codes stored.

B168E from Front Control Module, Fog lamp Switch Circuit

C0078 From Anti-Lock Brake Code, Tire Diameter Signal Invalid

U0415 , from Drivetrain Control Module, Invalid Data Received From Anti-Lock Brake System

U0415 from Trailer Brake Module, Invalid Data Received From Anti-Lock Brake System

U0415 Electric Power Steering Code, Invalid Data received from Anti-Lock Brake System

U0418 Parltronics code, Implausible Data Received from Anti-Lock Brake System etc, etc, etc.

When I changed my tire size the other day I turned on the key afterwards and had no lights flashing on the dash so I must have missed a step somewhere as these seem to be tied to the tire size change that I did.

Looks like I will be hooking the by-pass cable back up tomorrow, right?

Looked these up with my Blue Driver and couldn't delete them.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Im sure it's been asked before but had no luck finding it.
Can I check what the current fuel tank size is set too or do I need to enter the liter/gallonvalue that it should have? Reason I ask is that it seams since my truck went to the dealer and they flashed my system that my gas gauge drops faster (no im not driving harder lol) and when I am pretty much on empty im only able to put 20-24 gas on average. I have a 32gal tank is this normal? I've only had this truck a year, 16 1500 limited. TIA

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Pulled out my by-pass harness today as I am getting ready to hit the dealer for an oil change this week and ran a scan of systems modules tonight and wow... I have several codes stored.

B168E from Front Control Module, Fog lamp Switch Circuit

C0078 From Anti-Lock Brake Code, Tire Diameter Signal Invalid

U0415 , from Drivetrain Control Module, Invalid Data Received From Anti-Lock Brake System

U0415 from Trailer Brake Module, Invalid Data Received From Anti-Lock Brake System

U0415 Electric Power Steering Code, Invalid Data received from Anti-Lock Brake System

U0418 Parltronics code, Implausible Data Received from Anti-Lock Brake System etc, etc, etc.

When I changed my tire size the other day I turned on the key afterwards and had no lights flashing on the dash so I must have missed a step somewhere as these seem to be tied to the tire size change that I did.

Looks like I will be hooking the by-pass cable back up tomorrow, right?

Looked these up with my Blue Driver and couldn't delete them.

I tried twice and could not delete the codes above with Alfa but while I had the security by-pass plugged in I was able to delete all of them with my Blue Driver scan tool. I confirmed it with with a second scan. :banana-mario:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I tried twice and could not delete the codes above with Alfa but while I had the security by-pass plugged in I was able to delete all of them with my Blue Driver scan tool. I confirmed it with with a second scan. :banana-mario:

Were you connected to the abs module and not the body Control?

With alfaobd you have to clear codes that pertain to a certain module you have to be connected to it

grantos68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys so I switched to leds caused all sorts of issues could be the lights them selfs. I went back to halogen till I find something else. So I have 2015 sport,
And now when I turn on my high beams the low beams go out, I never noticed this before. I compared to a 2016 sport and the low beams stay on with high beams. Is there a setting I need to change in alfaobd for them to go back to normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys so I switched to leds caused all sorts of issues could be the lights them selfs. I went back to halogen till I find something else. So I have 2015 sport,
And now when I turn on my high beams the low beams go out, I never noticed this before. I compared to a 2016 sport and the low beams stay on with high beams. Is there a setting I need to change in alfaobd for them to go back to normal.

What type of headlights did your truck come with from the factory (quad or projectors)?
What are these two settings set at right now:
CBC Features Quad Headlamps Enable
CBC Features Bi Xenon Headlamps Enable

grantos68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What type of headlights did your truck come with from the factory (quad or projectors)?
What are these two settings set at right now:
CBC Features Quad Headlamps Enable
CBC Features Bi Xenon Headlamps Enable

It came with projectors.
And I changed both those settings to no

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Were you connected to the abs module and not the body Control?

With alfaobd you have to clear codes that pertain to a certain module you have to be connected to it

I thought I was. Went into ABS, ABS/Ate Continental (it had a few more words in there) ABS Initiation I believe was next (or Static ICU Initiation) but couldn't find one of them.
Its all good as I was able to delete the stores faults (much easier) with the Blue Driver scan tool. A two and a half minute scan brought them up.
It was not word for word as a video I saw posted on how to change tire size. It may be because I have a 19, I am not sure. But with this forum and videos on YouTube I was able to get the job done.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I thought I was. Went into ABS, ABS/Ate Continental (it had a few more words in there) ABS Initiation I believe was next (or Static ICU Initiation) but couldn't find one of them.
Its all good as I was able to delete the stores faults (much easier) with the Blue Driver scan tool. A two and a half minute scan brought them up.
It was not word for word as a video I saw posted on how to change tire size. It may be because I have a 19, I am not sure. But with this forum and videos on YouTube I was able to get the job done.

When connected to the module to clear codes you have to click on the check engine icon. Then select check for errors (something like that) it'll bring up any codes then you can clear them