AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TjayM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think I screwed up my truck!! please help.

I've been trying to get my HID's with a relay harness to not give me Low Beam Headlight bulb out warning's today. did all the changes in BCM for HID, LED, Bi Xenon, etc. Nothing worked and I still have the error but that's not a big problem.

I was getting cocky using alfaobd and I decided I would change my odometer as I ran larger tires this year and never changed my tire size settings so my odometer is out a few thousand km, so I figured no big deal I'll just go in and add the km so that its right, so I did the procedure outlined exactly as it is here in this thread and as soon as the process completed and I came back the dash now has a ABS light on and traction control light, error code is "C2206 Configuration Mismatch" and I get a "Fuel Sensor error" on the dash and my fuel gauge is only reading slightly above half full when it is in fact completely full.

I tried removing the negative terminals on the battery for about 20 min, I tried doing the odometer correction procedure but putting in the original KM, I went into the abs module and i cant clear the code it just immediately comes back up, I tried going to the ABS Initialization but I press start there and it just hangs and nothing happens.

Please Help! I'm panicking here thinking that I just messed up my truck.

Thanks

*EDIT* using a Samsung tablet and bluetooth connection with OBD Link MX+

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I think I screwed up my truck!! please help.

I've been trying to get my HID's with a relay harness to not give me Low Beam Headlight bulb out warning's today. did all the changes in BCM for HID, LED, Bi Xenon, etc. Nothing worked and I still have the error but that's not a big problem.

I was getting cocky using alfaobd and I decided I would change my odometer as I ran larger tires this year and never changed my tire size settings so my odometer is out a few thousand km, so I figured no big deal I'll just go in and add the km so that its right, so I did the procedure outlined exactly as it is here in this thread and as soon as the process completed and I came back the dash now has a ABS light on and traction control light, error code is "C2206 Configuration Mismatch" and I get a "Fuel Sensor error" on the dash and my fuel gauge is only reading slightly above half full when it is in fact completely full.

I tried removing the negative terminals on the battery for about 20 min, I tried doing the odometer correction procedure but putting in the original KM, I went into the abs module and i cant clear the code it just immediately comes back up, I tried going to the ABS Initialization but I press start there and it just hangs and nothing happens.

Please Help! I'm panicking here thinking that I just messed up my truck.

Thanks

*EDIT* using a Samsung tablet and bluetooth connection with OBD Link MX+
Adding to the odometer? That has to be the most Canadian thing I've heard! Too nice for your own good!

Take note of the mileage and try to drive it around for a bit. Stop the truck, remove the key, wait until the dash lights turn out, open and close the door. Start the truck again and repeat one more time.

Come back to it tomorrow. If the lights don't clear on their own you may need to investigate more.

Sometimes it just needs time. Someone else can chime in if I'm missing something.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

FF02HESKIE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
Hi all!

I have a 2012 6.7 and want to know if I can perform a forced DPF regen either stationary or moving but I currently have fault codes...
Recently my truck went into regen status. I felt the accelerator needing to be pushed further to the floor, then it started to regen at 90%. I heard the motor then noticed white smoke coming out the exhaust then it stopped the regen process and said exhaust service required see dealer now. I continued driving hoping it would restart the regen but never did.
I then pulled off the highway, turned off truck and cleared all the codes with a generic scan tool. i started truck back up and same message appeared so i continued to drive another 20 miles or so to my house then I get a different message saying Exhaust filter full, power reduced see dealer now. I plugged in my obd link and noticed all the codes showed up and there was a permanant code this time. I searched the thread and see that there is a forced regen option and a stationary regen option for the eco diesels, but does anyone know if i can do a force regen on my 2012 6.7? Ive heard that the dealer charges $700 to clear the code and put the truck in force regen. I checked in alpha obd app and see there are 2 possible options under "control unit" 1. Diesel cummins I6 6.7L and 2. Diesel cummins MY2010-12 but im not sure which is best for a 2012...

Alpha OBD has been great for my 2019 Eco Diesel but I have not used it yet on my 2012. If anyone can help with this id greatly appreciate it!!

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all!

I have a 2012 6.7 and want to know if I can perform a forced DPF regen either stationary or moving but I currently have fault codes...
Recently my truck went into regen status. I felt the accelerator needing to be pushed further to the floor, then it started to regen at 90%. I heard the motor then noticed white smoke coming out the exhaust then it stopped the regen process and said exhaust service required see dealer now. I continued driving hoping it would restart the regen but never did.
I then pulled off the highway, turned off truck and cleared all the codes with a generic scan tool. i started truck back up and same message appeared so i continued to drive another 20 miles or so to my house then I get a different message saying Exhaust filter full, power reduced see dealer now. I plugged in my obd link and noticed all the codes showed up and there was a permanent code this time. I searched the thread and see that there is a forced regen option and a stationary regen option for the eco diesels, but does anyone know if i can do a force regen on my 2012 6.7? Ive heard that the dealer charges $700 to clear the code and put the truck in force regen. I checked in alpha obd app and see there are 2 possible options under "control unit" 1. Diesel cummins I6 6.7L and 2. Diesel cummins MY2010-12 but im not sure which is best for a 2012...

Alpha OBD has been great for my 2019 Eco Diesel but I have not used it yet on my 2012. If anyone can help with this id greatly appreciate it!!

I do NOT own a ram with a CUMMINS in it but as far as alpha is concerned you choose one of those options it will connect correctly to the right one OR fail to connect if you are to far wrong IE pick HEMI
as far as the DPF / regen is concerned using cummins "insite" the official diagnostic software for CUMMINS the REGEN SYSTEM will lock out once the DPF gets beyond a level full OR depending on the ECM software level once a mileage / hours has run BUT that was removed from "EPA" 10 engines in a software update around 15 and you need to run a DPF reset/ install new to unlock it
I have in a pinch ran the install new and regened a tractor till it came good ( 4+ hours)

but before that check around the DPF for the pressure differential sensor
https://www.dieselpowerproducts.com/mopar-pressure-diff-sensor-075-12-ram
looks like that and CUMMINS had a lot of service bulletins regarding proper hose routing and they MUST drain down into the DPF with ZERO low spots or ice can build up and cause DPF reading errors

I did all the CUMMINS warranty training for NON FCA over the hiway application CUMMINS and am a heavy truck tech and what you describe is more often a sensor CAUSED issue then a DPF is plugged issue

TjayM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well I left both batteries unhooked over night, took it for a drive this morning the ABS light was gone briefly but as soon as I stopped and re started the truck its back.

So I have Service ABS Light and Notification in dash, No traction control, and my fuel gauge still reads half when its full and gives me a Fuel Sensor Fail Notification.

I don't understand how I could have done this just from connecting to the IPC...

At least with the values in the BCM you can just revert back from whatever you changed, but I cant do that in the IPC..

What are my options now?

Thanks

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Well I left both batteries unhooked over night, took it for a drive this morning the ABS light was gone briefly but as soon as I stopped and re started the truck its back.

So I have Service ABS Light and Notification in dash, No traction control, and my fuel gauge still reads half when its full and gives me a Fuel Sensor Fail Notification.

I don't understand how I could have done this just from connecting to the IPC...

At least with the values in the BCM you can just revert back from whatever you changed, but I cant do that in the IPC..

What are my options now?

Thanks

Try connecting to each module (BCM, rf hub, abs ect) and check and clear any codes

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

TjayM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've tried that, in ABS specifically it just flashes on the dash and in the evic then doesn't go away, this is with the key on not running. can't find a code for the fuel sensor fail though.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hi all!

I then pulled off the highway, turned off truck and cleared all the codes with a generic scan tool. i started truck back up and same message appeared so i continued to drive another 20 miles or so to my house then I get a different message saying Exhaust filter full, power reduced see dealer now. I plugged in my obd link and noticed all the codes showed up and there was a permanant code this time. I searched the thread and see that there is a forced regen option and a stationary regen option for the eco diesels, but does anyone know if i can do a force regen on my 2012 6.7? Ive heard that the dealer charges $700 to clear the code and put the truck in force regen. I checked in alpha obd app and see there are 2 possible options under "control unit" 1. Diesel cummins I6 6.7L and 2. Diesel cummins MY2010-12 but im not sure which is best for a 2012...

I have done a forced regen on my 2016 Cummins but have no idea if it is the same for a 2012? I got a DPF full message and the truck kept trying to regen but would not and got stuck in that loop.

When I first tried to run the forced regen it would not initiate because of the faults. Right or wrong the way I ended up clearing the fault so I was able to start the forced regen was to "reset" the DPF. This is normally done when it is replaced. That cleared the faults and I was able to run the regen after that.

Everything went back to normal after that but in the end I decided to get rid of it all and not worry about it again. Didn't want to but felt a reliable truck was more important to me.

Bigbadbowtie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Anyone ever successful connected to the ABS module in a 2018 2500? I'm not looking at changing anything but wanted to connect to see if it would.

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update on the odometer adjustment on a 2020 classic cluster.

Alexey sent me updated windows and android versions to test based on the logs I sent. The updated versions were not able to update the mileage. I sent back new windows and android debug logs. He is working on another method to update the odometer. He said he may have a new version for me to test tomorrow.

Anyone ever successful connected to the ABS module in a 2018 2500? I'm not looking at changing anything but wanted to connect to see if it would.

I don't see why it wouldn't connect. I have connected to pretty well all the modules in my 2015 1500 Laramie.

DoughRat19

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I NEED HELP!

Can anyone with factory push start send me a copy of their BCM? I switched over my TIP start to push start and now the shop that installed my viper remote start cannot get it to work. I’m wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I have the TIP and Push Start functions enables in my BCM. I wanna look at a factory BCM so I can make sure all my setting are the same.

thanks,

Matt

TjayM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What a joke Alfaobd is. Nothing actually works.

I still have a headlight bulb burnt out with my HID's installed which was the only reason I even starting screwing around with Alfaobd.

I was able to fix my ABS light issue by doing the ABS Initialization Procedure, So far it hasn't come back, so thats one good thing.

But now I have a fuel gauge that doesn't work, a "Fuel Sensor Fail" Message.

I tried to change the splash screen to the SRT one just for ***** and now my entire u connect screen is messed up, all my HVAC controls are wrong, lost my compass, my nav, my dual climate control with temp. it's literally a slider now.

And I still have a Low beam bulb out message even though High Intensity Discharge Headlamps is yes. I'm so frustrated with this program, I've basically just completely ****** up my truck for nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Using OBDLink MX+ with a Samsung android tablet. app is up to date
No issues connecting to interface
I select DODGE/RAM - RAM 3500 (D2/DD/DR) - Body Computer - then Either "Body Computer MY2013 PowerNet" or "Body Computer MY2013-17 PowerNet" (My Truck is 2013)
it connects fine.

I have changed these setting:
-High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
-LED Low Beam
-Low Beam output (Tried it just cause nothing else was working, turned it off then back on)
-Vehicle is SRT (turned on then back off now that my entire Uconnect is ******)
-Odometer Correction (didn't work, and caused my ABS and Fuel gauge issues)
-Bi xenon headlamps (while trying to get my HID's to stop throwing errors, its back to on)

I do one setting at a time then turn the truck off, disconnect Alfaobd, remove OBDLink, get out of truck and lock it and leave it for 5-10 min.

None of the settings take right away, some do eventually, some don't at all.

Honestly at this point I just want to get my Uconnect and HVAC Controls back to normal and my fuel gauge reading correctly and I will never touch AlfaOBD again.

What a nightmare.

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
AlfaOBD is no joke, it is a powerful tool! Every issue you are having is repairable but the choice is yours, you either have to have the patience to work them out or go to the dealer for a reflash. The choice is yours as far as what avenue you travel. Some changes take many key cycles and sometimes days to process. As long as you followed rule #1 to upload a copy of your original BCM log before you made any changes you can restore everything to factory yourself.

Last edited:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What a joke Alfaobd is. Nothing actually works.

I still have a headlight bulb burnt out with my HID's installed which was the only reason I even starting screwing around with Alfaobd.

I was able to fix my ABS light issue by doing the ABS Initialization Procedure, So far it hasn't come back, so thats one good thing.

But now I have a fuel gauge that doesn't work, a "Fuel Sensor Fail" Message.

I tried to change the splash screen to the SRT one just for ***** and now my entire u connect screen is messed up, all my HVAC controls are wrong, lost my compass, my nav, my dual climate control with temp. it's literally a slider now.

And I still have a Low beam bulb out message even though High Intensity Discharge Headlamps is yes. I'm so frustrated with this program, I've basically just completely ****** up my truck for nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Using OBDLink MX+ with a Samsung android tablet. app is up to date
No issues connecting to interface
I select DODGE/RAM - RAM 3500 (D2/DD/DR) - Body Computer - then Either "Body Computer MY2013 PowerNet" or "Body Computer MY2013-17 PowerNet" (My Truck is 2013)
it connects fine.

I have changed these setting:
-High Intensity Discharge Headlamps
-LED Low Beam
-Low Beam output (Tried it just cause nothing else was working, turned it off then back on)
-Vehicle is SRT (turned on then back off now that my entire Uconnect is ******)
-Odometer Correction (didn't work, and caused my ABS and Fuel gauge issues)
-Bi xenon headlamps (while trying to get my HID's to stop throwing errors, its back to on)

I do one setting at a time then turn the truck off, disconnect Alfaobd, remove OBDLink, get out of truck and lock it and leave it for 5-10 min.

None of the settings take right away, some do eventually, some don't at all.

Honestly at this point I just want to get my Uconnect and HVAC Controls back to normal and my fuel gauge reading correctly and I will never touch AlfaOBD again.

What a nightmare.
I have used the tool on countless trucks with no issues and added pretty much every code and option possible. The only time I have seen people have an issue using the tool is if they change something that they shouldn't. I know that the Ram trucks will have issues if you try to activate the performance pages but I'm pretty sure a few guys have enabled the SRT splash screen with no issues. Did you create a backup log as recommended to compare you settings? We used to use the A/E tool and it was famous for messing up BCM's and then wouldn't revert the settings back. If you don't have a backup log it makes it much tougher to figure out what actually got changed. The good thing about the Alfa is it will change it back if you can figure out what happened. There may possibly be some members who have a truck similar to yours you can compare too. In any case until you can get some solid info you may be able to figure it out but you also need to be careful not to make it worse. If you feel like you getting in to deep sometimes you have to just bite the bullet and get it flashed by the dealer. I had to take the walk of shame twice to the dealer when we had the AE tool but the truck went right back to it's stock configuration and everything went back to normal. I knew a guy who worked there and he just snuck me in the back door both times so that definitely helped.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Ok I have looked briefly and I'm sure it is in here but my Son in law has a 2015 ram 1500 and asked me if alfa will fix or bypass the truck going into park when the door is opened. If so what is it called in alfa? Thanks

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I have looked briefly and I'm sure it is in here but my Son in law has a 2015 ram 1500 and asked me if alfa will fix or bypass the truck going into park when the door is opened. If so what is it called in alfa? Thanks
I don’t believe that it will. As far as I know the only way to get rid of that stupid mode is to replace the trucks PCM with one that software update added to it.

Charlie1979

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hey all, I've just got my OBD2 device and purchased AlfaOBD.

I went with the VEEpeak OBDCheck BLE OBD2 from Amazon, because it was only CAN$32, and if it didn't work I could just return it and get the MX+, but so far so good!

I'm totally new to this, but I have successfully changed my tire circumference, cleared all codes and now have an accurate speedo (I managed to get it right first try!)

I have 2 new keys coming on Monday and am going to attempt to program them (once I've got the code from the dealership)

Is there anything else that I should be looking into doing now I have the tools to do so?

I have a 2015 2500 Laramie with the 6.4 Hemi.

FF02HESKIE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco Diesel
I have done a forced regen on my 2016 Cummins but have no idea if it is the same for a 2012? I got a DPF full message and the truck kept trying to regen but would not and got stuck in that loop.

When I first tried to run the forced regen it would not initiate because of the faults. Right or wrong the way I ended up clearing the fault so I was able to start the forced regen was to "reset" the DPF. This is normally done when it is replaced. That cleared the faults and I was able to run the regen after that.

Everything went back to normal after that but in the end I decided to get rid of it all and not worry about it again. Didn't want to but felt a reliable truck was more important to me.