AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FUS88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Did this truck come from the factory with projectors? I thought the factory projectors did turn on the high beams with the lows which also drop the cut off shield.
Only trucks that have the dual style headlights (H13 bulb) drop out the lows that I know of.
Yes it is the factory projectors on the laramie trim, And it only flashes with the high beam -that is with all lights off- when driving at night with low beam on, it also flashes with high beam only without dropping the projector's shield. I have to push the lever for the projector's shield to drop with the highs.
Could it be region related? As I live in Saudi Arabia. What I originally wanted to ask, is there a setting in alfaobd that I could change to enable both lows and highs?

FUS88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have a 2015 Limited with factory projectors, and mine uses both bulbs (low and high beams) when I pull the lever back to temporarily flash my high beams. (I know this because I just had a mirror set up in the garage to figure out my DRLs, haha.)
lol I hope this was my case.
I park facing a wall and could verify that only high beam turn on for flash to pass.
I forgot to add that I run HID in both lows and highs, but that never caused an issue for me -apart from bulb out messages due to me using a relay harness- other than that, all is working fine. And I don't remember if it was doing the same before the HIDs but I believe it probably was.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Yes it is the factory projectors on the laramie trim, And it only flashes with the high beam -that is with all lights off- when driving at night with low beam on, it also flashes with high beam only without dropping the projector's shield. I have to push the lever for the projector's shield to drop with the highs.
Could it be region related? As I live in Saudi Arabia. What I originally wanted to ask, is there a setting in alfaobd that I could change to enable both lows and highs?

If I followed your description of operation correctly, that is exactly how they work. Just the high beams turn on with flash to pass.
Your asking if there is a way to have both the high and lows to turn on when you pull the lever back(flash to pass). I haven't seen any way to do that with AlfaOBD and I doubt there is.
(edit) after reading your last post. If you want you want both highs and lows to turn on when using flash to pass because the HIDs are not very bright, change the highs to LEDs. They don't need any time to warm up like an HID.

Last edited:

FUS88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
If I followed your description of operation correctly, that is exactly how they work. Just the high beams turn on with flash to pass.
Your asking if there is a way to have both the high and lows to turn on when you pull the lever back(flash to pass). I haven't seen any way to do that with AlfaOBD and I doubt there is.
(edit) after reading your last post. If you want you want both highs and lows to turn on when using flash to pass because the HIDs are not very bright, change the highs to LEDs. They don't need any time to warm up like an HID.

Bulls eye Bingoo ding ding ding. Exactly what I want.
Not so much for HID warm up time, but I just like it in my other car. I have a toyota Camry 2010 that I retrofitted the D2S 4.0 into, and when I flash to pass in it, it FLASHES. Both projector high and didecated high beam flash together very bright, not so much in the Ram.
Also, I noticed that the high beam in the Ram is not focused, meaning it has very scattered pattern-in a bad way-, no hotspot that I can see.
I have tried LEDs in the highs before and wasn't impressed. Maybe it wasn't a good type or brand but it was years ago and I like HIDs for the higher output.

Jason Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have switchbacks built into the headlights and have done all 4 for the door ajar disable option amd switched all settings to LED and my left turn signal light out message did go away until I messed with the tire size setting. Now the error message is back for the turn signal and can’t get it to go off. My clear light in the switchback never did come back on after the turn signal hyper flash was fixed the one time

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone here purchased AlfaOBD from the Amazon store? I want to try out the new version to get my RF Hub PIN, but I bought it through Amazon, and Amazon is only showing the demo version now. And it shows that no update is available for the full version.

If anyone is waiting on Amazon for the update like me, I sent an email to Alexey about this, and he responded on the 29th. He said Amazon is still reviewing the new update. He sent me the new .apk file and told me to send him the activation request via the app. Now, if I can just remember to do that tonight.

stxdeadI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Just swapped out of a 2500 to a 1500 and first alfaobd setting i want to attempt is getting the power mirrors to fold in when I shift to park. Is this possible?

2020 ram 1500 Laramie

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Can someone help me program my keyless entry on my 2011 2500?

When I brought the truck a few months ago. It only came with they single key to the left.

I ordered two OEM keyless fobs

The problem is when I get to the last step “ PROGRAM IGNITION KEYS or KEYS FOBS “. It gets stuck at started please wait.

My procedures. I inserted my original key into the ignition. I turned it to run position.

I connected my android phone>Bluetooth>Alfaobd.

when I get to “PROGRAM IGNITION KEYS or KEYS FOBS”

I turn the truck off, remove the original key.

Insert the new FOB
Turn the ignition to ACC
I enter my 4 digit pin
And I hit start.

and it just hangs there.

View attachment 245035

View attachment 245036

Was anyone able to figure this one out? I have one that fob that just hangs there, and the other says ignition is in the incorrect condition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoFunRich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the DRLs working, but now my auto-headlamps do not work. I think I may have accidentally selected a different button (thanks ADD), but I cannot figure out to reactivate the auto-headlamps Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Was anyone able to figure this one out? I have one that fob that just hangs there, and the other says ignition is in the incorrect condition.

After a little more troubleshooting, pretty sure they are bad fobs. Ordered some other ones.

Dannyn_01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Just swapped out of a 2500 to a 1500 and first alfaobd setting i want to attempt is getting the power mirrors to fold in when I shift to park. Is this possible?

2020 ram 1500 Laramie

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Nope. I believe the Tazer is the only thing that can do that at the moment.

ToxicFire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Quick question guys. Installing led headlights, i have 14 ram with projectors, do i need to use alfa to change a setting no no message or flickering happens?
Any led brands should work i dont need special canbus for them if i have alfa?

Someone have a stap by step points to the setting i need to change please.

RodeoRam

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is why you side load the Google Play Store onto a Fire Tablet, so your not at the mercy of Amazon with the app.

I already had, but I had chosen not to give Google my payment info which I already had in Amazon.

BJSwizzle

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L
Hey team, I just had HIDs installed in the low beam, but am getting a bulb out error. I have changed some settings to high intensity discharge lamps to yes and low beam lamps to LED. Still not working, any other options I should change?

6A001CB9-2001-422B-95F1-B64A9F4E4792.jpeg

7A64AC86-C118-4171-923E-A80E27C45A24.jpeg