AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StreetChariot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
Probably the wrong section to ask, but has anyone experienced auto headlamps not working properly after changing out for power fold mirrors?

My headlights are on all the time when the knob is in Auto. Day or night, if the truck is in Run and in gear.

Turning the knob to off does turn off the lights, and the DRLs (fogs) also go off, as they should.

Both the running and headlight on positions work as they should, and fogs stay on with running lights or headlight manual position.

670hoth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just upgraded from basic mirrors to the power folding but did not put the modules in for folding. Otherwise, the blinkers and puddle lights are working. I will observe headlight operation and report back in a day or two. At this point, I think the lights are working properly but I will verify.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Probably the wrong section to ask, but has anyone experienced auto headlamps not working properly after changing out for power fold mirrors?

My headlights are on all the time when the knob is in Auto. Day or night, if the truck is in Run and in gear.

Turning the knob to off does turn off the lights, and the DRLs (fogs) also go off, as they should.

Both the running and headlight on positions work as they should, and fogs stay on with running lights or headlight manual position.
I haven't seen that with mine and I upgraded to power folding mirrors several years ago. My first thought is that a setting that should not have been changed, got changed. I would do a comparison from the backup you made before starting any changes (You did make a backup, yes?) and the current settings and look for anything out of place. If you don't have a backup to compare, you can go through the log line by line and examine each change.

-K

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

A bit more detail, these are the only options I know of that affect the auto headlights. Your voltage settings may be a bit different, they seem to vary from year to year.

ECU Qualification:
Auto Headlamps Present: Yes

VehConfig 3:
Auto Headlamp Feature Present: Yes

CBC Extern.Light Calibr.:

-K

Corey_lax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
If you have a deleted cummins, do you need to revert it back to stock with the tuner before plugging in the OBDLink and adjusting things?

Storm Tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I know this maybe the wrong section/area but having there be over 1,000 pages there’s a lot to read. But I tired to read through some pages. I’m trying to put power fold mirrors on my truck. A 2016 Express. I bought the door modules and mirrors but i’m confused and don’t know what to do.

The factory window switch only has 1 connector and none of the power fold ones pins seems to match up at all with my current plug. Also what is the second PIN connection used for on the power fold modules? I’m stuck. I can’t seem to find a power fold module that matches my current pins. Any help would be appreciated!

The picture below is the pin style I have
5E8A6F75-F836-48AD-B363-0ECC120BBC93.jpeg

Attachments

• 21E20836-8FCF-4192-B89E-4FF9BA8AC3A2.jpeg
    21E20836-8FCF-4192-B89E-4FF9BA8AC3A2.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 5

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Does your window switch have the power fold button between the L - R buttons?

1641073241789.png

Storm Tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
No, my factory control switch that came with the truck doesn’t have it. I am looking to order one with that for the new mirrors but can’t find the same pin connections

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Pretty sure this thread has the correct part number

Storm Tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I have not seen that thread before. I got the right part number off of that for the single connector. Thank you very much for posting that thread. I was able to find the one I need! Thank you!!!

Last edited:

ccmano

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
New guy here, some help would be appreciated.
2014 Ram2500 4x4, I'm running recently purchased AlfaOBD (not the demo) on an Android tablet with an OBDLink MX+. Connects and seems to pull up the Body control module fine. However when I connect to the BCM and click the little car icon at the bottom of the AlfoOBD screen I get the "Active Diagnostics" menu with only a list of diagnostic options . Can't change anything, can't even find the DRL category. According to the thread here I should be getting several menus in this screen but only get the one.
Should be getting...
Select a procedure to start > Program Customer Features > select option

Or

Select a Procedure to start > Car Configuration change > select an option

All I get is….

select an option > various tests.

It's probably operator error, but maybe someone can enlighten me.
Thx
H

Back on post #613 in this thread member DJ_Mark appears to have the identical issue. Unfortunately a solu was not posted.
H

Attachments

• 51795338036_a55a3bf8c9_c.jpg
    51795338036_a55a3bf8c9_c.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 51794392907_884fc92ea1_c.jpg
    51794392907_884fc92ea1_c.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 51796069785_cf794520bb_c.jpg
    51796069785_cf794520bb_c.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Storm Tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I see that your tablet is still connected to the wifi. This may not be any correlation but turn off the wifi connection and just run the bluetooth. Sometimes connection issues can arise if the module is trying to maintain a wifi connection and the obd link.

Jpercy14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 ram 1500
Engine
I put in full led replacement taillights without any load resistors or capacitors and didn't get light out. The backups where also led and I couldn't turn off the light out. I think the system is expecting a minimum amount of current draw even when set to LED. My full led replacement taillights had enough draw because of the number of leds used. The backups only draw 315ma which doesn't seem to be enough. Guessing you need at least 500ma. Probably the replacement bulbs have the same issue.

There is a option in AlfaOBD to turn off rear dtc completely which solved my backup light issue and should work for the plugin led bulbs.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Are u able to give a name for the rear dtc turn off? Iv search on alfa and in the forums and can't seem to find it

ccmano

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I see that your tablet is still connected to the wifi. This may not be any correlation but turn off the wifi connection and just run the bluetooth. Sometimes connection issues can arise if the module is trying to maintain a wifi connection and the obd link.
I'll give that a try, thx. Also noticed that "Car configuration change" is actually on there. However "Program Customer Features" is not.
H

Storm Tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I'll give that a try, thx. Also noticed that "Car configuration change" is actually on there. However "Program Customer Features" is not.
H
After you enter the car configuration change section you should be able to search for what you wanna change.

ccmano

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After you enter the car configuration change section you should be able to search for what you wanna change.
So... it appears that on my android version of AlfaObd, "Program Customer Features" is a subset of (menu item within) "Car configuration change" not a menu selection along side "Car Configuration change ". It's named "Customer program features" and I was able to enable Daytime running lamps there.
H

Last edited:

Ryno1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Has anyone looked at adding adaptive cruise control? Just a random and curious thought.

hemili8r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still missing these - some of the logs I've seen online the I/O settings as well as LED dedicated DRL present were NOT turned on, but I'll make sure to change them

what about the
ECU Qualification - Control-Dedicated DRL: No
Guess this has to be set to yes as well?
I don't know what category to choose Pertaining to headlights.
Says a bunch of other categories engine etc need help from start to finish. This time I would write it down