AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So wait regular cab tradesmans have the wireing already?
Yes the regular cab trucks seem to have all of the wiring pretty much for everything. We found this out when 00/RT installed Heated/Vented seats in his regular cab Express. We assume it's because they build so few regular cabs that there is not enough need to make a separate harness for the different trim levels and configurations like they do for the Quad Cab and Crew Cab.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Yes the regular cab trucks seem to have all of the wiring pretty much for everything. We found this out when 00/RT installed Heated/Vented seats in his regular cab Express. We assume it's because they build so few regular cabs that there is not enough need to make a separate harness for the different trim levels and configurations like they do for the Quad Cab and Crew Cab.

Like Rick'sRam said, regular cabs usually have most of the wiring. I have a '17 2500 RegCab. It came with cloth bucket seats with power seats only on the drivers side. Leather seats, heated seats, ventilated seats are NOT available from the factory in a heavy duty regular cab. Reading through RicksRam's thread I found out how to do it and what to look for as far as wiring. I pasted below screen shot of the wiring under the driver's seat in my RC. It was plug and play as far as the seats go, the passenger seat wiring was all there as well. Then of course had to activate them in the BCM. If your wiring under the drivers seat looks like mine (the yellow plug is key) you are good to go............

410904[/ATTACH]']Sz66VBjl.jpg

Attachments

• Sz66VBjl.jpg
    Sz66VBjl.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 0

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I don't think the "off road pages" does anything for our trucks. If you enable "off road package" in both special packages sections in the BCM near the top, it will give you the Rebel splash screen on boot of the EVIC.

figured as much but thought I would try. Was trying to see if these screens would come up.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am sure this is a long shot but I'll ask anyways. @Ghost_RAM

Has anyone seen any way to make the truck unlock the doors when you throw it into park? Had a few GM vehicles that did this and I kinda miss it. Haven't found anything in my searches.
I just checked my truck and when I have the auto unlock feature selected on my screen it automatically unlocks all doors when I open the drivers door after I shut the truck off. It doesn't do it when I put the truck in park but it's pretty much the same thing. The autolock feature locked all the doors at 15mph. 560531720.jpeg

STecoD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Crew Cab Tradesman
Engine
3.0L Diesel
Cool thanks, will take a look.
This is with a 2018 UAS (Non-Nav). Couldn't find an answer if Google Maps/Waze/etc. were able to display turn-by-turn through evic, so was going to give that a try to confirm yea/nay.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have the UAQ in my truck. The turn-by-turn in cluster only works for the built in navigation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I need to stay off this site. It's costing me too much money :). I got manual vinyl seats, but I'm gonna look at my harness when I get a chance. That makes me wonder if the wiring for power windows and locks would be there also.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need to stay off this site. It's costing me too much money :). I got manual vinyl seats, but I'm gonna look at my harness when I get a chance. That makes me wonder if the wiring for power windows and locks would be there also.
If your truck does not even have power windows then you have an extremely non option truck. I would be very intrested to see if the full harnesses is in your truck as well. Every regular cab truck I have seen has the full harness so hopefully yours will too.

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
If your truck does not even have power windows then you have an extremely non option truck. I would be very intrested to see if the full harnesses is in your truck as well. Every regular cab truck I have seen has the full harness so hopefully yours will too.

Ya mine is as base as they come. Only options are the uconnect 3.0 and the spray on bed liner.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya mine is as base as they come. Only options are the uconnect 3.0 and the spray on bed liner.
If your seat harness looks like the one in the picture you should be set.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I just checked my truck and when I have the auto unlock feature selected on my screen it automatically unlocks all doors when I open the drivers door after I shut the truck off. It doesn't do it when I put the truck in park but it's pretty much the same thing. The autolock feature locked all the doors at 15mph. View attachment 142813

Yeah I've got that too already.

Was just wondering if in all this hidden stuff we now have access to there was a way to make it auto unlock on park. For now it seems the answer is no.

Oh well.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Adjusted mine today, changed to the Toyo 35" AT, which is not exactly the same as my tire (Nitto 35" AT), but probably close enough, at least closer than stock tire size :). It's the only Flotation size listed, although I suppose I could try 285/65R20 if it is listed. Anyway, I went from being 3 MPH slow on the speedo at 75 to being dead on to 1 MPH fast at 75 based on the GPS. lower speeds were pretty much dead on. :waytogo:
I tried to change my tire settings today to the toyo 35" tires and the setting does not take. It says procedure complete but when I go back in and check it has not been changed. I emailed the developer to hopefully get some insight on what's going on. I know a couple of guys have said their were able to get it to work and I have the latest software version that he has available so I'm hoping to hear back from him.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an FYI. I emailed the creator of AlfaOBD yesterday sending him praises and letting him know the success of his program over here on the forums. His response below..

"Thank you very much for your kind words and for your help!

Big thanks to all the Ram community members, for their suggestions and tests of the program functions, which helps to fix the issues and make important improvements to the program.

Kind regards,

Alexey"

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Last edited:

Rez103

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got my obdlink today. Trying to activate an oem backup cam but seem to be missing something.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got my obdlink today. Trying to activate an oem backup cam but seem to be missing something.
What have you enabled so far?

Edit: Here is all that needs to be enabled in the BCM.

Rear View Camera
Rear Camera Present
Rear Camera CSM
Rear View Camera Delay CSM
Trailer Hitch Camera
Rear View Camera Dynamic Gridlines Enabled Or Static Gridlines Enabled. Whichever you prefer on this. I personally prefer the Dynamic Gridlines.

Last edited:

Rez103

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Rear View Camera
Rear Camera Present
Rear Camera CSM
Trailer Hitch Camera
Rear View Camera Dynamic Gridlines Enabled Or Static Gridlines Enabled. Whichever you prefer on this on. i personally prefer the Dynamic Gridlines.
Ahhh thanks so much. I think the hitch cam is what I missed. Have to go check.

Update: checked & cannot find trailer hitch camera, everything else is correct though. On BCM MY2015, not sure if that makes a difference

Last edited:

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins

Rear View Camera
Rear Camera Present
Rear Camera CSM
Trailer Hitch Camera
Rear View Camera Dynamic Gridlines Enabled Or Static Gridlines Enabled. Whichever you prefer on this. I personally prefer the Dynamic Gridlines.

Ghost_Ram.....the Trailer Hitch Camera setting just gets you the icon on the CONTROL screen. The BU camera should still work when he puts it in reverse. From his signature he has a '15. Isn't 15's on the rear view mirror? We may need to know more about his installation, it might not be the BCM settings but wiring? I am a not as versed on the '15's since I have a '17 which are of course different.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ghost_Ram.....the Trailer Hitch Camera setting just gets you the icon on the CONTROL screen. The BU camera should still work when he puts it in reverse. From his signature he has a '15. Isn't 15's on the rear view mirror? We may need to know more about his installation, it might not be the BCM settings but wiring? I am a not as versed on the '15's since I have a '17 which are of course different.
Good catch. I'm not sure, but sure someone else will come in on this. Thanks!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If he is just running a regular backup camera with no cargo camera as long as he installed the backup camera kit and wired it correctly it will show up on the screen. On the 2013 to 2015 trucks the the backup camera came up in the mirror is when the trucks had the cargo camera option the cargo cam would come up on the screen. And has stated only the 2016 17 and 18 trucks have the trailer hitch camera option which enables icon on the screen to turn on the rear view camera whenever wanted. I think a good question to ask is what exactly is he experiencing? Is a showing the backup camera options in his setting menu? Is he getting a blue screen when he puts the truck in reverse? Did he install an OEM backup camera? these are questions we need to know so we can try to guide him in the right direction.