AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just wanted to let everyone know by enabling LED turn signals & parking lights I was able to remove the burning hot resistor I had wired in with my switchbacks. So far been about a week without any bulb out light or fast flashing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have my resistors in but I get a park light out message when I use my signals. I have tried led settings before with no luck.

You don't have any errors now with the led set and no resistors?

Maybe it's the resistors that are messing my stuff up then.

You have quads with switchbacks correct?

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The temp sensors on the 13 and up should all work fine. I have a set of 16 mirrors on my 14 with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well it say 61* now, so at least it's moving. :rolleyes: I'll keep an eye on it.

HeloPilot19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins HO
I also wanted this option. Fortunately for me, this option along with cruise control high idle with my G56 were just added benefits that came with my tuning from HPP... I don't think it's as easy as a setting in the bcm. I think it's in the ecm. *BUT* if the '17 bcm that is shared is also tuned to keep the exhaust brake on, check your "eco mode configuration" setting. Right below the vgt turbo setting. Mine is set to remember last state.

Thanks, I will take a look and see if it will work for me. I am going to get my truck tuned soon, but want the exhaust brake NOW!:(

walker111

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I'm super late to the game on this and this thread is too long to sift thru. Is the original post updated with everything AlfaOBD can do? Is there an original thread that states what year/models this works on? Explains the installation? Thanks.

prohunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I'm super late to the game on this and this thread is too long to sift thru. Is the original post updated with everything AlfaOBD can do? Is there an original thread that states what year/models this works on? Explains the installation? Thanks.
Welcome to the party the original thread does state all the current know working codes it covers 2012 to 2018 but with 18s you need a bypass harness

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

The first post has loads of useful information including links to an offsite Google Drive folder with additional info.

Please, read and take your time. Take copious notes and only make changes you are sure of.

Rez103

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still have my resistors in but I get a park light out message when I use my signals. I have tried led settings before with no luck.

You don't have any errors now with the led set and no resistors?

Maybe it's the resistors that are messing my stuff up then.

You have quads with switchbacks correct?

Yea no errors with switchbacks & no resistors in my quads

Rez103

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What headlights are you running now?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

They’re just regular quads. Haven’t tried led for the headlamps yet just the running & signal

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Rez103 Would you mind posting the steps you took so that I can update the known working? Thanks

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They’re just regular quads. Haven’t tried led for the headlamps yet just the running & signal

OK.. What bulbs did you use to replace the incandescent?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This one made them work:
Car configuration change: Mirror Approach Lights Present: ' NO ' -> '1 ' (YES)

Thank you! Just went out and made this change quick and the puddle lights work now.

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Can someone add a file to list the out the abbreviations. I am having a hard time figuring some of them out. Is BCM body control module? Is CSM customer service module? Etc. Or is there a list somewhere already?

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Can someone add a file to list the out the abbreviations. I am having a hard time figuring some of them out. Is BCM body control module? Is CSM customer service module? Etc. Or is there a list somewhere already?
BCM is correct, CSM is Customer Settings Menu (the menu you see on your radio)

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Adjusted mine today, changed to the Toyo 35" AT, which is not exactly the same as my tire (Nitto 35" AT), but probably close enough, at least closer than stock tire size :). It's the only Flotation size listed, although I suppose I could try 285/65R20 if it is listed. Anyway, I went from being 3 MPH slow on the speedo at 75 to being dead on to 1 MPH fast at 75 based on the GPS. lower speeds were pretty much dead on. :waytogo:

What steps did you do? I get the ABS and trailer service error. Would you put the steps in google drive?

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

I don't think there is, but I think it's a good idea. I'll start and lets see if we can get a good list together of the common ones seen in and around the app and then ask @Ghost_RAM to add it to the shared drive files.

ECU - Electronic Control Unit (basically, generic term for anything listed here as a "Module")
PCM - Powertrain Control Module (Engine computer)
BCM - Body Control Module (Body computer)
CMS - Customer Settings Menu (the menus on the radio)
DRL - Daytime Running Lights
DDM - Driver Door Module
PDM - Passenger Door Module
ICS - Integrated Center Stack (aka the Radio, HVAC controls, switches, etc)
VTA - Vehicle Theft Alarm
EVIC - Electronic Vehicle Information Center (aka the Instrument Cluster)
IPC - Instrument Panel Cluster (what the EVIC is labeled in AlphaOBD)
RFH - Radio Frequency Hub (handles communication with the Keyfobs and TPMS sensors)
"Key in MAR" - Key in the Run position, but engine off (not running)
CHMSL - Center High Mounted Stop Lamp (aka Third Brake Light)

Additions and correction more than welcome! I'll keep this post updated for as long as the forum software will let me edit it.

-K

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's strange. I set mine to the 35x18x12.5 Toyo with the tool and I have no issues. The developer sent me the patch before it was released so not sure if that was the difference. I did mine with one setting. It's on the first page that comes up when you enter the BCM. It's down towards the bottom of the list a few spaces before (car configuration change). I hope the new update that came through to everyone isn't somehow different. I haven't tryed to adjust any tire sizes since I downloaded the full update. This is a picture of the screen that I used to correct my tire size. I have also seen it on another screen it this is the one I used.Screenshot_20181029-075611_AlfaOBD.jpeg

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That's strange. I set mine to the 35x18x12.5 Toyo with the tool and I have no issues. The developer sent me the patch before it was released so not sure if that was the difference. I did mine with one setting. It's on the first page that comes up when you enter the BCM. It's down towards the bottom of the list a few spaces before (car configuration change). I hope the new update that came through to everyone isn't somehow different. I haven't tryed to adjust any tire sizes since I downloaded the full update. This is a picture of the screen that I used to correct my tire size. I have also seen it on another screen it this is the one I used.

Thank you. I used windows so a little different screens, but the same "program tire size". I switched it back to the original size and the issues went away. Maybe i need to see if there is a update or patch for the windows version? I just downloaded Alfaobd two days ago.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you. I used windows so a little different screens, but the same "program tire size". I switched it back to the original size and the issues went away. Maybe i need to see if there is a update or patch for the windows version? I just downloaded Alfaobd two days ago.
The original problem I had was that when I changed the setting it didn't do anything. It would stay wherever the factory setting was. I emailed the developer and he sent me the patch and then it actually changed the setting. From what I have heard the patch was included in the latest update for the the Android version. I'm not sure when the last update was for windows. You seem to have something different going on. Yours seems to make the change but somehow causes issues with the other systems. I am curious to see if others have the same issue. I am also curious whether or not mine will still work correctly but I haven't tryed to change anyones tire size since I did mine before the latest update.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

I used same process as Ricks Ram - it's a single step under Program Tire size and choosing the appropriate tire. I've heard of others also getting ABS CEL when changing, but I didn't. If you just downloaded you likey have the latest version, but double check and maybe try again.