AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I used AlfaOBD to connect to my wifes Jeep Cherokee, had a peek around her BCM. No changes made. However, the next day when she tried to go to work it was going bat****, shifting really rough, dash lit up like a Christmas Tree, ots of service transmission messages. Took it to the dealers where they said the BCM had lost comms with the transmission module, did a reflash, all good again. Needless to say, I'm not allowed to connect to her Jeep anymore. :)
Hilarious because I can relate almost exactly although instead of using Alpha OBD I used SRT activator app (highly recommend never even downloading or looking into) and tried to download the SRT pages onto her 17' Jeep Grand Cherokee and it through a "Service Shifter" message and when you would attempt to shift into reverse, driver etc. the car wouldn't recognize the gear or try to shift. Had to be towed to the dealer and flashed lol. I'm not allowed to play with the car anymore.

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hilarious because I can relate almost exactly although instead of using Alpha OBD I used SRT activator app (highly recommend never even downloading or looking into) and tried to download the SRT pages onto her 17' Jeep Grand Cherokee and it through a "Service Shifter" message and when you would attempt to shift into reverse, driver etc. the car wouldn't recognize the gear or try to shift. Had to be towed to the dealer and flashed lol. I'm not allowed to play with the car anymore.
[emoji23] Something with the Jeeps maybe?

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
^^this

That’s all I set on mine and it worked
I'll try this In a few days. 600 miles from home don't want a mishap. [emoji19] That wouldn't be great in the middle of nowhere lol.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB1

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Jeep Grand Cherokees are like our rams as far as enabling options. Jeep Cherokees are a little different, as you have to run a PROXI alignment after everything you change.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

It must be lol! Although I used the SRT activator app on my 2017 RAM 6.7 and all was great until I disconnected and reconnected the batteries hoping for the app to appear on my radio. I lost cruise control, traction control and many more things for a while but thanks to Ghost Rams help we had it all back to normal [emoji23]

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Well I FUBARed my 18 RAM today. Was trying to get my auto headlights working since the DTL update killed them and wound up glitching things. Now I get a can't talk to TCM error, lost my taillights and side marker lights. Radio is behaving badly. Guess it is going to need to go in for a flash.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Well I FUBARed my 18 RAM today. Was trying to get my auto headlights working since the DTL update killed them and wound up glitching things. Now I get a can't talk to TCM error, lost my taillights and side marker lights. Radio is behaving badly. Guess it is going to need to go in for a flash.

Go in and clear any faults. And see what that does. Could just be a hiccup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Go in and clear any faults. And see what that does. Could just be a hiccup.

Tried that. Also left batteries disconnected with leads shorted for about an hour.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Have you backed up your system Id so you can check to see if you accidentally changed something. Seams to happen.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Have you backed up your system Id so you can check to see if you accidentally changed something. Seams to happen.

Yes but I can't see anything that would cause the issues I'm having.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I managed to get a like new LED CHMSL for $160 shipped. Ordered the harness from M2Mods and got it working in my ‘16 1500 Bighorn. We did discover the Linbus was missing in the C-pillar, but apparently it is not needed. I can tell you their after sales support is 2nd to none.

I also have done the 32 gal conversion and recently changed my tank volume to 121 liters. Looks like this may have done the trick. Truck was avg 14mpg (calculated not shown) and filled up with DTE at 10. Truck took 29.5 gal. This would mean 2.5 gal @ 14mpg would be 35 miles left. If I ran the DTE to 0, that would give me a 25 mile reserve. Waiting on a 2nd tank for verification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would like to upgrade to a 32gln tank as well. Did you buy new or used? Where did you source it from?

scott_intx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would like to upgrade to a 32gln tank as well. Did you buy new or used? Where did you source it from?

Used from car-part.com Ended up paying right at $120. Came out of a 2016 and was in better condition than mine. Also had baffles in it unlike what others have said. Maybe the earlier ones do not. Install is straight forward. You will need the heat shield with the 32gal. Everything else swaps right over. Whole process takes about 1.5hrs.

radkawi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Used from car-part.com Ended up paying right at $120. Came out of a 2016 and was in better condition than mine. Also had baffles in it unlike what others have said. Maybe the earlier ones do not. Install is straight forward. You will need the heat shield with the 32gal. Everything else swaps right over. Whole process takes about 1.5hrs.

Thanks for the lead. Heading over now to check it out.
Any issues with shipping since it once had fuel in it?

scott_intx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the lead. Heading over now to check it out.
Any issues with shipping since it once had fuel in it?

I was lucky that I was able to find it a couple of hours from my house. Not sure how shipping would be. Seems like the yard I got it from had just cut it out and had a couple of gallons still in it. I drove it home in the bed in the hot Texas sun to let as much evaporate as possible then dumbed the rest out when I got home. Rinsed it out with alcohol to give it a quick clean.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Yes but I can't see anything that would cause the issues I'm having.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I believe that some have reported that letting the truck sit overnight it would either automatically clear itself (I guess some components need some down time) or atleast gave them the ability to go back in and clear any faults and start over.

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can the AlfaOBD activate a pentastar PWM fan to work in a 2017 Hemi Ram 1500?

The fan and harness bolts/pins into the Hemi just like it's the 3.6 but doesn't turn on. No custom engine tuner has been able to activate it.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Maybe I missed it somewhere but I thought we had the ability to enable and disable the air suspension system. I scrolled through Alfa but didn't see the option. Could have sworn it was there. Anyone else able to help me out?

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
Maybe I missed it somewhere but I thought we had the ability to enable and disable the air suspension system. I scrolled through Alfa but didn't see the option. Could have sworn it was there. Anyone else able to help me out?

Programmed ECUs: P/T Chassis Network:
ASCM Air Suspension Control Module: Set

Steady Red

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I went to the dealership today and had 3 recalls taken care of, good news is nothing was effected by the flash. The DRL with customer screen, fog light dropout, global down etc.....they all still function the same.

They did the following:
  • U53 Occupant restraint PCM update
  • U61 Cruise control PCM update
  • U74 Tailgate latch

I recently took my '17 1500 Laramie to the dealer for recalls. I had the following recalls performed:
  • U53 Occupant restraint PCM update
  • U61 Cruise control PCM update
  • U74 Tailgate latch
  • U05 AutoPark Functionality
When I picked up my truck, I lost all of my programming including DRLs, global down, fog light dropout. I was able to go back into AlfaOBD and add all of them back in with no issue though.

On a different note, I added the 4th Gen Ram Electronics Aux Switches and cannot get the Aux Switch programming to show up in the EVIC nor the 8.4 screen. Any recommendations on how to get it to show up? I have tried the following:

Auxiliary Switches CSM: 1-4 option
Auxiliary Switches CSM: 2-5 option

Neither worked.

Finally, a shout out to Scantool.net for making a great product in the OBDLink MX. I couldn't find the module earlier and thought that I misplaced it. Turns out I left it in my pants pocket and it just went through the washing machine. I took it apart and hit it lightly with my heat gun to dry out any residual water. Put it back together and just tested it in my truck and it works good as new!