AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently took my '17 1500 Laramie to the dealer for recalls. I had the following recalls performed:
  • U53 Occupant restraint PCM update
  • U61 Cruise control PCM update
  • U74 Tailgate latch
  • U05 AutoPark Functionality
When I picked up my truck, I lost all of my programming

Must have been the autopark that nailed ya, my truck came with that from the factory so I didn't need that done.

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
If you want I can take a look. If you have uploaded your config to your drive, send me a link and I'll help you run through it.

Thanks But I'm pretty sure I glitched it by not waiting long enough to do an additional operation. Couple times I tried to enable something and I thought I for got to wait for operation complete message.

So many things are wrong at the moment I'm just going to get a clean flash and start over. Got a friend that has a friend that works at the dealer and will do the reflash on the side.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks But I'm pretty sure I glitched it by not waiting long enough to do an additional operation. Couple times I tried to enable something and I thought I for got to wait for operation complete message.

So many things are wrong at the moment I'm just going to get a clean flash and start over. Got a friend that has a friend that works at the dealer and will do the reflash on the side.
I have actually bricked mine twice when we used to use the AE tool and had to go get it re flashed. We are lucky there it's such an easy fix. When they guy does it have him flash it and then wait a while and flash it again if everything doesn't go back to normal. The last time I had mine done I actually had to do it twice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
I have actually bricked mine twice when we used to use the AE tool and had to go get it re flashed. We are lucky there it's such an easy fix. When they guy does it have him flash it and then wait a while and flash it again if everything doesn't go back to normal. The last time I had mine done I actually had to do it twice.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guess maybe I'll let them do the auto park on mine. I'll get a free flash out of it, then start fresh. Then disable that later

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I recently took my '17 1500 Laramie to the dealer for recalls. I had the following recalls performed:
  • U53 Occupant restraint PCM update
  • U61 Cruise control PCM update
  • U74 Tailgate latch
  • U05 AutoPark Functionality
When I picked up my truck, I lost all of my programming including DRLs, global down, fog light dropout. I was able to go back into AlfaOBD and add all of them back in with no issue though.

First 2 are PCM not BCM flash and the tailgate is physical, the U05 is a BCM update, that's what got you. Yet another reason I will never let them do that one on my truck.

-K

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
First 2 are PCM not BCM flash and the tailgate is physical, the U05 is a BCM update, that's what got you. Yet another reason I will never let them do that one on my truck.

-K

I had the U53 and U05 done recently. None of my settings were messed with. Strange.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I had the U53 and U05 done recently. None of my settings were messed with. Strange.
No changes on mine, either, after the shift interlock recall, which was a BCM update. Only thing that changed were some of my CSM items defaulted to off, like the DRLs and auto high beams.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the issue with u05 is that some trucks needed more software than others. Some trucks may have already had the software in the bcm, pcm, etc but it just needed to be enabled.

Some actually needed the software in the modules updated before autopark could be enabled. Those are the trucks that would lose their Alfa changes.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a quick update for anyone who activated the Tilt In Reverse option and it would un check itself when selected. I had the same problem with my 2014. I replaced the door modules just to see if it helped and it actually turned out to be the drivers side door module for whatever reason. I replaced it with the door module that supersedes the part number my module was but it's the same module and it works fine now. I have activated the code in other 14 trucks that have the same door module I had and they worked fine so I am not sure what the issue was with my original door module but I figured I would post my experience in case anyone else runs into the same issue. 08b56bd4d55b905e4cbf1db657e5e141.jpg

Thomas Fabian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
A new update just dropped 2.1.6.3. Been working with Alexey the last couple of days. A few VehConfig 3 selections were missing for the MY2016 - 2017 Ram BCM and I was having some issues using the App with my Jeep Wrangler JK trying to enable DRLs and foglight dropout. Will try out the new version tomorrow. Been trying to find settings that will work with a 55 gallon Titan tank on my 2016 3500. No luck so far.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
A new update just dropped 2.1.6.3. Been working with Alexey the last couple of days. A few VehConfig 3 selections were missing for the MY2016 - 2017 Ram BCM and I was having some issues using the App with my Jeep Wrangler JK trying to enable DRLs and foglight dropout. Will try out the new version tomorrow. Been trying to find settings that will work with a 55 gallon Titan tank on my 2016 3500. No luck so far.
I downloaded new version today, it won't let me connect to my truck. It says bcm connected but when I hit start it crashes the app. Have the old version on my tablet it works just fine. May want to hold off or see if it's just my issue.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Thomas Fabian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I downloaded new version today, it won't let me connect to my truck. It says bcm connected but when I hit start it crashes the app. Have the old version on my tablet it works just fine. May want to hold off or see if it's just my issue.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. I haven't tried it yet.

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
this may have been asked before but WOW 442 pages.. can this be used on multiple vehicles at the same time?? my brother has a 2012 big horn and I have a 2013 express

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can use on multiple vehicles, one at a time. Not like a tuner where it marries to the VIN.

Enjoy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

MeBarsness

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone been able to find in AlfaOBD a way to turn on an emergency light setup? IE, wigwag lights, rapid flashing turn signals etc? I think the hazards are pointless, and would like a little more noticeable lights when/if I’m on the side of the road for work or emergencies.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Has anyone been able to find in AlfaOBD a way to turn on an emergency light setup? IE, wigwag lights, rapid flashing turn signals etc? I think the hazards are pointless, and would like a little more noticeable lights when/if I’m on the side of the road for work or emergencies.

There is a police setting but not sure if anyone explored what it does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Does setting this turn off the "bulb out" warning??

CBC Configurable Inputs and Outputs:
Low Beam Output Present: Set

Hey John, are you getting that error after switching to LEDs? If so, you might want to give the CBC Features - LED Low Beam Lamps Present option a try.

-K

John Owen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey John, are you getting that error after switching to LEDs? If so, you might want to give the CBC Features - LED Low Beam Lamps Present option a try.

-K
Should I turn off the HID setting before trying the LED option?

Luc Levesque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I am looking if someone have the electric wiring diagram for 2017 Ram 1500 header harness for rear view mirror with smartbeam. I am trying to find if the header harness with auto-dim and humidity sensor is comptatible with smartbeam and may be I will make a new harness for rain sensor. The harness parts number is 68308173AB.

Thanks