AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pucknuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I need help!
2015 2500 Laramie 6.7
Got odb max alpha tried to add DRL no luck after 10-15 tries.
What did happen was no lines on backup camera period!
How do I get the dramatic lines back?
I'm frustrated as all get out!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok so I need help!
2015 2500 Laramie 6.7
Got odb max alpha tried to add DRL no luck after 10-15 tries.
What did happen was no lines on backup camera period!
How do I get the dramatic lines back?
I'm frustrated as all get out!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

#1 make sure you create a log of your original settings before you do anything and keep a list of each change you make step by step. Only do 1 change at a time so if anything goes bad you can change it back.
#2 I'm pretty sure depending what DRL setting you selected, DRL's will only work with the truck running and in gear.
#3 Not sure what happened to your grid lines.
#4 Some changes are not instant and require several key cycles and sometimes overnight or longer.

Have patience because it will all work out in the end and you'll be very, very happy.

Last edited:

Pucknuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just looked at the log says DRL l9w beams set 4 times then down page see Customer Programmable Features: Rear View Camera Static Grid Lines Enabled: Not set Rear View Camera Dynamic Grid Lines Enabled: Set ______________________________________________ Vehicle Configuration set in the Body Computer: Vehicle Config 1: Model Year: 2015. oh i a confused. Can i change settings in alpha?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kevinfox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok so I can change all my lights to LED with alpha. But my switchbacks without a resistor work but if blinker stays on my mirrors begin to hyper flash and truck states parking light and turn signals have a light out. I have checked in alfa and they are set to LED
I have tried to unset them and then reset them and nothing. Lights will work fine then after a minute or so I get the hyperflash and the light on the dash the bulb is out. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just looked at the log says DRL l9w beams set 4 times then down page see Customer Programmable Features: Rear View Camera Static Grid Lines Enabled: Not set Rear View Camera Dynamic Grid Lines Enabled: Set ______________________________________________ Vehicle Configuration set in the Body Computer: Vehicle Config 1: Model Year: 2015. oh i a confused. Can i change settings in alpha?

When connected to Alfa in the BCM under car configuration change scroll nearly all the way down the list below the CSMs and you’ll find the dynamic and static grid line settings. Make sure dynamic is actually enabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pucknuts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When connected to Alfa in the BCM under car configuration change scroll nearly all the way down the list below the CSMs and you’ll find the dynamic and static grid line settings. Make sure dynamic is actually enabled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hot Damn Ghost_Ram to the rescue! Perfect explanation that worked in less then a minute!

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How long does the normal, successful fob programming process take?

And do you get a message saying that it succeeded?

I got this pair of Keyless Enter & Go fobs from Amazon (just a two-pack of the ones Jimmy07 linked to in the Keyless Enter & Go thread), and I programmed both of them in less than 5 minutes total. That includes the time to switch them out (I had one in the truck and one on my workbench as I did the programming). In both cases, the programming probably only took a minute or so- in my case, the process was very quick and smooth.

2019Classic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you looking on the settings menu on the radio? Sorry if you have checked there just wanted to make sure. If you have already checked I reccomend letting the truck sleep for at least a day if you haven't already. The UAS and UAQ radios take a long time to show the codes when they are added. 0cea31f5ae8bd822e8fcc295029e3f9f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

You were absolutely right. The "trailer" menu item finally showed up.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I just want to add a new fob, do I have to reprogram ALL of mine, or just the new one?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If I just want to add a new fob, do I have to reprogram ALL of mine, or just the new one?

Just the new one. I don’t think you can reprogram a FOB that has already been programmed.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Just the new one. I don’t think you can reprogram a FOB that has already been programmed.
So when I installed my remote start, I also replaced the RF hub. The dealer did the programming. They programmed my original keys to the new hub as well as the new ones. So I ended up with the two original and two remote start.

I thought the keys were "married" to the hub itself just like TPMS sensors. Am I wrong here?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think its a one-way thing in the other direction. The fobs dont lock down to an RF hub, but the RF hub only looks for fobs that have been programmed to it.

Looking over some auctions and websites, it looks like people advertise "unlocked", used condition keyfobs. So it makes me wonder if the cheap ones we buy arent "unlocked" which is why they fail programming.

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I think its a one-way thing in the other direction. The fobs dont lock down to an RF hub, but the RF hub only looks for fobs that have been programmed to it.

Looking over some auctions and websites, it looks like people advertise "unlocked", used condition keyfobs. So it makes me wonder if the cheap ones we buy arent "unlocked" which is why they fail programming.
I bought a pack of two unlocked OEM Fobs. One worked and the other didn't. I had no problem returning the one that didn't work.

Sent from my Z2_PRO using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If the hub looks for the fobs that have been programmed to it then it would stand to reason that a fob that has already been programmed to another hub could be programmed to a new hub because the ones that I had existing were programmed to my new hub. I must be missing something here.

Never heard of unlocked keyfobs before. Guess it is kind of like cellular phones being locked down to a carrier? So it makes me wonder, how would one go about unlocking a fob?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a pack of two unlocked OEM Fobs. One worked and the other didn't. I had no problem returning the one that didn't work.

Sure hope the ones I got are unlocked now. Never heard of this. Hopefully I'll be able to get them installed pretty quickly as I don't want to be stuck with two OEM fobs ($70).

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
If the hub looks for the fobs that have been programmed to it then it would stand to reason that a fob that has already been programmed to another hub could be programmed to a new hub because the ones that I had existing were programmed to my new hub. I must be missing something here.

Never heard of unlocked keyfobs before. Guess it is kind of like cellular phones being locked down to a carrier? So it makes me wonder, how would one go about unlocking a fob?
I am guessing it requires some sort of bench device to unlock them. I tried to search for unlocking them with the one locked one I couldn't program. I didn't have much luck. I was thinking it may be shorting a couple pins on the circuit board but couldn't find any details.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I'm guessing that the dealership has a way to program already programmed keys that alphaobd can't. I know on my 2015 when I had the dealer add the sales code and program the keys they also programmed the original keys also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm guessing that the dealership has a way to program already programmed keys that alphaobd can't. I know on my 2015 when I had the dealer add the sales code and program the keys they also programmed the original keys also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know my key vendor has to send premarried fobs to someone to unlock, he pays $25 a piece. A dealer might be able to but hes been doing this a long time and he tells me Chrysler/BMW/Mercedes/Fiat keys all need to be flashed if they were married to a vehicle before.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There are a few videos on YouTube of people unlocking fobs with some locksmith type devices. Probably cheaper and easier to just play "does my cheap new fob work" roulette.