AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TJames

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Select the settings icon. Towards the bottom make sure you select LOG RECORDING.

I don't think it matters what your connected to but press the tool icon, select UPLOAD TO GOOGLE DRIVE, UPLOAD FAULTS AND STATUS LOG, most changes are logged in the body Control so select BODY_CHRYSLER_INFO. A screen will come up allowing you to enter a title, what folder in Google drive. Then press save.

For viewing, I have a windows based laptop, I log onto Google drive through chrome, and use one of the note pad extensions for Google drive than copy and paste into Word.

One thing to note, your most current log will be at the very bottom of the log file saved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

I mainly use apple products so I'm trying to find an app that will convert the text from html to a regular text format

The extension on Google drive I use is anyfile

Last edited:

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Police Lighting Feature. We are working with this thing on a Charger but as posted before it also disables the trunk lid's open button, and door lock switches.
The main thing we want from it is the ability to roll the thumb wheel down and blackout the dash.

So I see an enable/disable setting in Alfaobd "CBC I/O-Door Lock Switch Front Driver Input Present".
Before I play I ponder here on its intended purpose, lets say Police Lighting is enabled and I then go to the drivers door switch input mentioned above and enable it?

Thanks

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I mainly use apple products so I'm trying to find an app that will convert the text from html to a regular text format

The extension on Google drive I use is anyfile

Change the extension of your log file from .html to .txt and everything is good to read etc...

It‘s that easy.....

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Change the extension of your log file from .html to .txt and everything is good to read etc...

It‘s that easy.....

Do you change that setting in alphaobd or when you are saving

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you change that setting in alphaobd or when you are saving

I upload the log file from AlfaOBD to Google drive.

Then I download the file from Google drive on my PC (Mac).

And then I change the extension to .txt of the downloaded log file on my PC.

I open it then with Word or text edit etc...

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So I've been in the BCM and the RF hub pretty deeply but never went anywhere else. I'd like to go into the radio and see what's there, which selection should I use for a 2018 1500 with a self installed UAQ? BTW what's in there and is there anything that needs tweaking, lol?

Screenshot_20190309-151119_AlfaOBD.jpg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I've been in the BCM and the RF hub pretty deeply but never went anywhere else. I'd like to go into the radio and see what's there, which selection should I use for a 2018 1500 with a self installed UAQ? BTW what's in there and is there anything that needs tweaking, lol?

View attachment 158172
Having a 2018, I don’t think you could make any changes to the radio. Even with the bypass harness, the radio is hung by itself off the security gateway.

Michael Dent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Were you connected to the radio or body Computer? You can check your logs to see what you may have changed. It will take a few minutes going through but you should be able to figure out what changed

I believe I was connected to the body computer.

Thanks for the tip on the logs I will try to hunt it down

Michael Dent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know for a Ram Rebel what my car option selection should be in regards to my model. REBEL is not listed. Would it be OFF ROAD?

Michael Dent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
His a log file as I changed it without noting what my factory choice was: Learning the hard way.

Car configuration change: Special Package: 'SPORT/SLT+/LARAMIE ' -> '16 '
Car configuration change: Special Package: 'LIMITED ' -> '23 '
Car configuration change: Special Package: 'RAM 1500 ' -> '18 '
Car configuration change: Special Package: 'OFF ROAD TRUCK ' -> '23 '
Car configuration change: Special Package: 'RAM 1500 ' -> '12 '
Car configuration change: Special Package: 'PREMIUM (DEFAULT), OR SXT OR R/T OR LARMIE ' -> '18 '
Car configuration change: Special Package: 'LIMITED ' -> '5 '
Car configuration change: Surround Sound Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Special Package: 'MOPAR/SPORT ' -> '18 '

Wondering if my factory setup was 'SPORT/SLT+/LARAMIE ' -> '16 '

My problem:

I need help.

I have a 2016 Ram Rebel with the 8.4 radio RA3 which NAV was added.

Somehow in using the AlphaOBD I suspect I changed a setting on the radio unit and now the XM and the SD card reader do not show up plus the radio fm and am does not work at all. NO tuning or sound evident.

Bluetooth is working and music will play.

Does anyone know what the ALPHAOBD setting should be?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Somehow in using the AlphaOBD I suspect I changed a setting on the radio unit and now the XM and the SD card reader do not show up plus the radio fm and am does not work at all. NO tuning or sound evident.

I currently don't have a Rebel in the shared BCM configs. Did you link your Google Drive account and create/upload a log before any changes were made? If so, you can PM me your original config. Make a new connection to your BCM/Read System ID then upload another and I will try to help you out.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
His a log file as I changed it without noting what my factory choice was: Learning the hard way.

Car configuration change: Special Package: 'SPORT/SLT+/LARAMIE ' -> '16 '
Car configuration change: Special Package: 'LIMITED ' -> '23 '
Car configuration change: Special Package: 'RAM 1500 ' -> '18 '
Car configuration change: Special Package: 'OFF ROAD TRUCK ' -> '23 '
Car configuration change: Special Package: 'RAM 1500 ' -> '12 '
Car configuration change: Special Package: 'PREMIUM (DEFAULT), OR SXT OR R/T OR LARMIE ' -> '18 '
Car configuration change: Surround Sound Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '

Wondering if my factory setup was 'SPORT/SLT+/LARAMIE ' -> '16 '

My problem:

I need help.

I have a 2016 Ram Rebel with the 8.4 radio RA3 which NAV was added.

The Special Package settings usually just changes the logo on the EVIC, but that Surround Sound setting is a radio setting.

I believe the normal Special Package setting for a Rebel is the Off Road Truck one. That one causes the EVIc to display the Rebel logo.

-K

Jdavismp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone used this to reset airbag system faults. Added a new clockspring on my truck. Accidently created a fault after getting the wheel airbag put back in.

Michael Dent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Special Package settings usually just changes the logo on the EVIC, but that Surround Sound setting is a radio setting.

I believe the normal Special Package setting for a Rebel is the Off Road Truck one. That one causes the EVIc to display the Rebel logo.

-K

Do you know what would change the radio hardware setup causing the SD card to not be seen. It is as if my 2016 Rebel is seeing the radio as 2017 radio when the SD card was removed.

Michael Dent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I currently don't have a Rebel in the shared BCM configs. Did you link your Google Drive account and create/upload a log before any changes were made? If so, you can PM me your original config. Make a new connection to your BCM/Read System ID then upload another and I will try to help you out.

Thanks unfortunately I did not link my Google Drive account and create/upload a log before any changes were made like an idiot.

I will make a new connection to your BCM/Read System ID then upload another

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Do you know what would change the radio hardware setup causing the SD card to not be seen. It is as if my 2016 Rebel is seeing the radio as 2017 radio when the SD card was removed.

While connected to the body Computer check to see if you have any faults. Probably nothing will show up but worth a shot.

I just went through all the choices in the body Computer and didn't see anything that jumped out at me that could be changed that would have an effect on losing xm/SD button and sound for fm. A couple other things you can try is disconnecting you battery for a while and resetting the radio.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here is the file log
I'll take a look. You can in the mean time look under ..

ECU Configuration 3:

External Port Type: AUX + USB (My settings) Yours would be the one with SD