AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well as I was messaging Ghost_Ram mailman delivered the OBD reader.

Grabbed my laptop (windows 7) and OBD reader and the directions Ghost _Ram sent and I was able to activate the alarm in my 2013 1 owner Bighorn.
I'm surprised Ram did not activate this from day one. Truck has almost every other option but no alarm activated.

I have 2 question ****It did not save a log file of settings in C/Program Files (x86)/AlfaOBD/Logs. I looked and also read the truck 2 times to log file and still not save to that location.

I was able to save a notepad file of the complete read so I have that.

Only made 1 change and it was to activate the alarm which was a success.

***Next question I have the auto fold away mirrors with the puddle lights.
Is there a setting that can be set so when I unlock truck the lights will illuminate to light up ground near the doors?

thanks for all the replies the past few days

DJ Mark

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm going to pm you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm in business! A little guidance from @1500ram12 and letting the truck sleep overnight.. All options are there and I had ZERO issues!

Huge Thanks to @1500ram12 @DeereGuy @Mpgrimm2 and everyone else that has contributed to this forum to make this a great tool!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Grabbed my laptop (windows 7) and OBD reader and the directions Ghost _Ram sent and I was able to activate the alarm in my 2013 1 owner Bighorn.
I'm surprised Ram did not activate this from day one. Truck has almost every other option but no alarm activated.

I have 2 question ****It did not save a log file of settings in C/Program Files (x86)/AlfaOBD/Logs. I looked and also read the truck 2 times to log file and still not save to that location.

Is there a setting that can be set so when I unlock truck the lights will illuminate to light up ground near the doors?

Are you referring to (Power Fold) mirrors? Auto fold mirrors is not an option for ram trucks. As far as your puddle lights are concerned they should already illuminate when you unlock the doors via the key fob. It is listed under approach lights with the tool in the mirrors section.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes Power fold sorry I just got the truck 2 days ago. I will have to see later tonight if the lights on mirror do light in the dark.

thanks

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes Power fold sorry I just got the truck 2 days ago. I will have to see later tonight if the lights on mirror do light in the dark.

thanks
They probably do. They are barely noticeable during the day time but they put out a lot of light at night.

gapi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7

"Each time" you select the battery icon, you have to choose Read System Status, then toss it up to the cloud. Or at least its that way on my copy. If I don't do a read I get a log with only a header.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got a full read im using laptop (windows 7 so no battery Icon) and thats why no icloud but it did make a notepad file with full read.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got a full read im using laptop (windows 7 so no battery Icon) and thats why no icloud but it did make a notepad file with full read.
Windows is a little different. You would read system ID under the Status/Faults tab at the top. Then upload your config to your Google Drive. Mainly to ensure you keep a copy safe for any changes after the fact. Android version app has a little battery icon at the bottom where those settings are for the system ID

Edit: Safe as in to have someone help you out in case something were to go wrong. We can do a comparison to see what settings were changed to fix

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im going to save the files and AlfaBCD program to a flash drive and put away
I do regular clone my laptop drive so I always have a drive if current crashes i can just change drives in a minute and back on the air asap.

Well thanks for all your help and Im sure if I keep reading the topic in the forum I will get better at it.

Bob in Boston

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They probably do. They are barely noticeable during the day time but they put out a lot of light at night.

I checked the mirror lights and when I hit the fob unlock they flash amber then shut off. SO they do not stay on maybe they are just directional lights on the mirror.

Sparky853

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 SXT CC 4x4 6'4" Air Suspension
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Not Ram specific, but does anyone know if it's possible to disable the engine auto shut off feature in a 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trail Hawk?

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I checked the mirror lights and when I hit the fob unlock they flash amber then shut off. SO they do not stay on maybe they are just directional lights on the mirror.
There are two sets of led lights in your mirrors. Two are amber and two are white. The amber's do flash when the truck is locked and they are directional markers as well. The two white lights are not visible during the day time. As stated check them at night and they should illuminate when you unlock the truck with the fob.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It is night time here in Boston I will go out and check I did from house and saw the amber flash but no white lights BRB

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is night time here in Boston I will go out and check I did from house and saw the amber flash but no white lights BRB
Remember they are approach lights and the only illuminate when the truck is Unlocked with the fob but not when it is Locked with the fob.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just went outside to the mirrors and with fob unlocked and locked the truck and only the amber lights flash no white lights.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I unlocked and only amber lights on both mirrors I did not see a white light maybe the lights are blown.

Is there a setting in the radio setting screen

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I unlocked and only amber lights on both mirrors I did not see a white light maybe the lights are blown

Take a pic of the under side of the mirror's

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Take a pic of the under side of the mirror's

Yeah I was about to say the same. It doesn’t sound like he has the puddle lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I unlocked and only amber lights on both mirrors I did not see a white light maybe the lights are blown.

Is there a setting in the radio setting screen
Would be kind of unusual to have them blown on both sides. Might be a good idea to go in with the tool and check and see if your approach lights are enabled. Go to the beginning of this thread and read the known working code sections and it will show you what it should look like it's in the mirror section and you're going to go to approach lights and see if it's enabled. As Ghost-Ram stated make sure you have your backup file done and make sure you only enable the codes you know are correct. The alfa tool is a wonderful piece of equipment but it is very powerful and you can cause major problems to your truck if you change things that you shouldn't.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would be kind of unusual to have them blown on both sides. Might be a good idea to go in with the tool and check and see if your approach lights are enabled. Go to the beginning of this thread and read the known working code sections and it will show you what it should look like it's in the mirror section and you're going to go to approach lights and see if it's enabled. As Ghost-Ram stated make sure you have your backup file done and make sure you only enable the codes you know are correct. The alfa tool is a wonderful piece of equipment but it is very powerful and you can cause major problems to your truck if you change things that you shouldn't.

I was thinking the same thing but I don't think they ever made a set of power folding mirrors without approach lights unless somehow they are aftermarket.