AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
these are under the mirror on passenger side and same for driver side

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
these are under the mirror on passenger side and same for driver side

If equipped you'd have a small led light about 6" from the door on the bottom of the mirror arm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok then all I have is what is on the mirrors that I posted.

Seems awful big clear lenses for just a marker Light I will have to look closer when its daylight out

My truck is a 2013 and it looks like it has a bulb for the bottom lense and then the yellow bulb for the side marker

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here is a copy of the log of my BCM and the mirror section
Doors Configuration:
Global Up: Not set
Global Down: Not set
Sun Shade: Not set
Folding mirrors present: Set
Heated Mirrors: Set
Mirror turn signals present: Set
Driver Memory Mirrors Present: Not set
Passenger Memory Mirror Present: Not set
Electro-chromatic driver mirror present: Set
Electro-chromatic passenger mirror present: Not set
Tow Mirror Present: Not set
Blindspot Mirror Present: Not set
*** Mirror Approach Lights Present: Set
Door map pocket LED present (Ambient Lights): Not set
Door Courtesy Lamps Present: Not set
Window Motor Type: Not set
Window Hall Sensors Present: Set
Door handle LED present (Ambient Lights): Not set
Frameless Window Present: Not set

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
Ok then all I have is what is on the mirrors that I posted.

Seems awful big clear lenses for just a marker Light I will have to look closer when its daylight out

My truck is a 2013 and it looks like it has a bulb for the bottom lense and then the yellow bulb for the side marker

You are correct. That mirror has turn signal bulbs and side lighting built into one. The other picture that was posted is the bottom of a tow mirror. If they aren't turning on they are either burnt out OR you have the dimmer switch turned all the way down and your interior lights aren't turning on too.

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interior light do come on and dash is all lit. I will check the bulbs in the morning to make sure.
Interior lights come on when I also unlock and lock the truck but dont see these lights light

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interior light do come on and dash is all lit. I will check the bulbs in the morning to make sure.
Interior lights come on when I also unlock and lock the truck but dont see these lights light
It's still daylight here but this is a picture of my approach lights when they are illuminated so you can see where they are. Unfortunately you cannot just replace the LED bulbs. This is a non serviceable part. You have to replace the entire light assembly as a unit. They run between $70 and $80 each. It would be very unusual to have them all burned out but I guess it is a possibility. the correct codes to seem to be set in your truck so I guess that would be your next option. I would replace one side obviously and then see if it worked and then replace the other. If you replace one side and it does not work then your lights are not the issue. You can also pull the door panel and check the proper wires for curent before replacing the mirror light assembly.
.8976d05b60f740fb32f3023eb3740ac0.jpg3bc60ccafdedad11b2fbc5d7b84c3fd0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey Rick

Im here in Boston and its dark and cold out should be about 55 out tomorrow so I will give a check then

I will check on them in the morning and see what I can find out. I will hook up the OBD again and read to make sure settings are correct and then play with the dimmer to make sure its set correct. This truck and features are new to me as I had a 2004 sold it last week and if I cant get the lights to work no big deal as the price you say to replace is not worth it.

Wonder why lights/bulbs are not replaceable another Ram screw up im sure

thanks for the replies and your help

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Rick

Im here in Boston and its dark and cold out should be about 55 out tomorrow so I will give a check then

I will check on them in the morning and see what I can find out. I will hook up the OBD again and read to make sure settings are correct and then play with the dimmer to make sure its set correct. This truck and features are new to me as I had a 2004 sold it last week and if I cant get the lights to work no big deal as the price you say to replace is not worth it.

Alot of lighting parts on alot of vehicles are non serviceable now due to the fact that LED lights last much longer than a standard bulb.

John Owen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey Rick

Most of the ones I’ve seen are LED and the basically come as one big “circuit board” for lack of a better term. Unless there is some sort of surge or electrical problem, the LED’s should easily last for the life of the truck.

AZJohnnyO
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Here is a copy of the log of my BCM and the mirror section
Doors Configuration:
Global Up: Not set
Global Down: Not set
Sun Shade: Not set
Folding mirrors present: Set
Heated Mirrors: Set
Mirror turn signals present: Set
Driver Memory Mirrors Present: Not set
Passenger Memory Mirror Present: Not set
Electro-chromatic driver mirror present: Set
Electro-chromatic passenger mirror present: Not set
Tow Mirror Present: Not set
Blindspot Mirror Present: Not set
*** Mirror Approach Lights Present: Set
Door map pocket LED present (Ambient Lights): Not set
Door Courtesy Lamps Present: Not set
Window Motor Type: Not set
Window Hall Sensors Present: Set
Door handle LED present (Ambient Lights): Not set
Frameless Window Present: Not set
In your radio settings, is “headlight illumination on approach” on?

dss56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont know I will have to check in the morning

thanks for the tip

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have aftermarket tow mirrors on mine and when approach is enabled ALPHAOBD shows an error when you connect to the door module for approach light short/open circuit
could be a thing to check and see if the truck is detecting the lights as missing ETC

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+1
Make sure it is on before you change anything in AlfaOBD.
I'm not sure if I'm following exactly what both of your talking about but on my truck my headlight on approach settings in my radio have nothing to do with how my mirror puddle lights work. My mirror puddle lights stay on with or without the headlight approach activated. When I unlock the truck with the key fob I do not have the ability to turn the mirror puddle lights on or off. Even if I turn this screen down to 0 seconds when I unlock the truck with the fob the the puddle lights still activate even though the headlights do not.05026d611b1f24152ee820f317069c17.jpg

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure if I'm following exactly what both of your talking about but on my truck my headlight on approach settings in my radio have nothing to do with how my mirror puddle lights work. My mirror puddle lights stay on with or without the headlight approach activated. When I unlock the truck with the key fob I do not have the ability to turn the mirror puddle lights on or off. Even if I turn this screen down to 0 seconds when I unlock the truck with the fob the the puddle lights still activate even though the headlights do not.05026d611b1f24152ee820f317069c17.jpg

Right, then they should work indeed...

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Just some info I ran into with previous flash. I went to dealer and had it flashed for a trailer brake. Showed up on cluster fine, but not in radio. If you have your radio update firmware on usb stick, put usb in and just wait about 5-10 minutes. Mine added the trailer brake controls to radio, guess it had to see the trailer brake, before it would update radio. So any option on radio, may be worth a try since radio has its own firmware. Odd part, when I put the USB stick in, radio never asked do I want to update, I was wondering if something was wrong, was about to remove usb stick and a notice came up, update completed..

Last edited: