AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The BCM will automatically be reset to whatever factory settings your truck came with whenever the dealer enables any code. If for some reason you can't get the truck back if you take it to the dealer to have the (Auto Park) recall done that would require them going into the BCM which should reset the truck. I'm not sure why going into the door module would cause the issues you are having. Just out if curiosity what OBD reader are you using? Also the CAN code you are getting says (Light On Not Requested) which means your check engine light should not be illuminated for that particular code. Do you have a regular OBD reader that you can plug in and see if it shows anything?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Will they do the parking recall if my check engine light is on and I am under warranty still?

I am using the OBD MX bluetooth.

I do have my rough country quick cal that can pull codes. I will run out to my truck at lunch time and try that reader.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Will they do the parking recall if my check engine light is on and I am under warranty still?

I am using the OBD MX bluetooth.

I do have my rough country quick cal that can pull codes. I will run out to my truck at lunch time and try that reader.
They'll perform recalls regardless of warranty status.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They'll perform recalls regardless of warranty status.

I meant will they do the recall if my check engine light is on? Since I am still under warranty I figured they would mess with the check engine light while I was there.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That would probably all depend on the dealer. I had to have my truck flashed twice in the days of the AE tool and everything went back to normal both times. Fortunately I knew a Tech at the time who did it for me on the side. First thing to try is going through all your saved settings and making sure you didn't change anything inadvertently and go from there. The recalls aren't necessarily the same as your warranty and will stay open until addressed but as far as doing it with a check engine light you wouldn't know for sure unless you asked. There is a possibility they would want to address it first before they did any updates. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how going into the door module would create all the problems you are having. I have gone into both my door modules several times and never had a problem.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I meant will they do the recall if my check engine light is on? Since I am still under warranty I figured they would mess with the check engine light while I was there.
Not only will they do it they'll probably charge someone for looking into the check engine light!

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
REMEMBERED one other important thing.

I did go into the cluster settings and take a look at the odometer correction stuff that was recently added. I ran the gauge functionality test as well since my cluster was used I wanted to make sure all the lights work. I didn't actually change any settings in there though. And I have used these cluster and light settings to trouble shoot other issues in the past without and problems.

Ghost, how did you get your logs to look all nice and tidy again? Right now I am pulling them in from google drive and viewing in note pad. Super jumbled.
Even though you've used the cluster and light settings in the past doesn't mean something didn't get borked in an update that was pushed. From what Rick stated about the light on not requested, it kinda sounds like an issue has presented itself with one of the updates maybe. You can send Alexey a debug log and see what he says.

Do you still have your 3" cluster?

As far as the logs and viewing them, all I do is simply upload to my drive then view via the online viewer in google drive. When I download them to my laptop, they look ok in Notepad ++. Not really doing anything special.

Edit: If you don't already have it, I would download Notepad++ and also the comparison tool. It has saved me a couple times.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-compare/

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That would probably all depend on the dealer. I had to have my truck flashed twice in the days of the AE tool and everything went back to normal both times. Fortunately I knew a Tech at the time who did it for me on the side. First thing to try is going through all your saved settings and making sure you didn't change anything inadvertently and go from there. The recalls aren't necessarily the same as your warranty and will stay open until addressed but as far as doing it with a check engine light you wouldn't know for sure unless you asked. There is a possibility they would want to address it first before they did any updates. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how going into the door module would create all the problems you are having. I have gone into both my door modules several times and never had a problem.

I don't think I ever tried to go into the door modules before. I do have the original version of the app on my tablet from when I first went into the BCM way back. Probably should have stuck with using that since it worked fine last time I messed with these settings.

I just called a dealership I have never been to before. I told them that I wanted the BCM reflashed to get rid of the tire size calibration on my truck. They said no problem and said the recall should actually get ride of the calibration and won't cost anything. The did want to do all of the recalls though. Which I have been avoiding all of them including auto park. Oh well.

I mentioned the CEL and he said they have to check it out at least. Ill pull the codes shortly and see if it even says what it is with my reader.

Even though you've used the cluster and light settings in the past doesn't mean something didn't get borked in an update that was pushed. From what Rick stated about the light on not requested, it kinda sounds like an issue has presented itself with one of the updates maybe. You can send Alexey a debug log and see what he says.

Do you still have your 3" cluster?

As far as the logs and viewing them, all I do is simply upload to my drive then view via the online viewer in google drive. When I download them to my laptop, they look ok in Notepad ++. Not really doing anything special.

Edit: If you don't already have it, I would download Notepad++ and also the comparison tool. It has saved me a couple times.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/npp-compare/

I do still have my 3" cluster. I have been thinking about swapping back to it anyways because I still can't get my park light out error to go away. It will go away for a few days but always comes back. Those switch backs are just irritating me. But they work fine with my old cluster.

I will download both of those now. Thanks for the suggestion!

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow thanks @Ghost_RAM Notepad++ with compare is awesome! I was sitting here with two monitors messing with this all morning. Way easier!

Here are the changes I made. The only one that I have no idea about is the window one. I remember opening that but I never changed it. On purpose anyways.

IMG_20190627_100547781_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20190627_100512033_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20190627_100558419~2.jpg

IMG_20190627_100531528_HDR~2.jpg

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think I ever tried to go into the door modules before. I do have the original version of the app on my tablet from when I first went into the BCM way back. Probably should have stuck with using that since it worked fine last time I messed with these settings.

I just called a dealership I have never been to before. I told them that I wanted the BCM reflashed to get rid of the tire size calibration on my truck. They said no problem and said the recall should actually get ride of the calibration and won't cost anything. The did want to do all of the recalls though. Which I have been avoiding all of them including auto park. Oh well.

I mentioned the CEL and he said they have to check it out at least. Ill pull the codes shortly and see if it even says what it is with my reader.

I do still have my 3" cluster. I have been thinking about swapping back to it anyways because I still can't get my park light out error to go away. It will go away for a few days but always comes back. Those switch backs are just irritating me. But they work fine with my old cluster.

I will download both of those now. Thanks for the suggestion!
Not sure what to do about the switch back issue but maybe try unplugging the premium and putting back the 3" to see if the lamp stays. If it doesn't, then try plugging back in your premium cluster to see if it comes back.

Glad the compare tool works well for you. Can't remember who turned me onto it here but thank you again.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well yet again Alfa shows me that I need another lesson on patience.

Went out at lunch time to check the code, cel still on and my reader couldn't even tell it was on.

After work I tried to remote start the truck, assuming it would shut off seconds later.... Well, it stayed running, I jumped in the truck and cel was gone.

Thank you again everyone that helped out! This is still one of the best tools I have bought for my truck because of you guys.

Check out that temp when I got to my truck too! Damn!

IMG_20190627_144454810~2.jpg

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FINALLY got around to putting my heated leather seats in. Seats went in just fine, I added codes per the known-working settings list, BUT I have not (yet) added the heated steering wheel.

When I turn on the heated seats they cut out after 15 seconds or so....seat module shows "implausible temperature from steering wheel" or something like that.

Is there a way to make the heated seats work without the steering wheel in the mix? I checked all of the heated steering wheel settings in Alfa and they are set to Not Present. For now i would be happy just to make sure the heated seat module is working.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

EDIT!: After a good nights sleep, my truck seems to have come around. Seats ran on high for a few minutes (I didnt let them keep going). Definitely got warm, especially considering the temperature outside today. Can't wait for the cold weather to see how they really work.

Last edited:

NewBlu2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just so happen to have a Mirror from a 17 truck that has the AHBM/SmartBeam sensor and no mics that I won't be using... was going to post it on the For Sale forum, just haven't gotten around to it. Pretty sure it has the auto dim sensor as well.
Is it still for sale

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

them0difier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Apologies in advance for the dumb question. As I’ve always been an iOS person. Will the Amazon fire HD8 work with the Alfaobd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Apologies in advance for the dumb question. As I’ve always been an iOS person. Will the Amazon fire HD8 work with the Alfaobd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, it should. There have been others to use Amazon tablets before as well.

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So i went off the step through trying to add a new keyfob to my 2017 brand new keyfob nd no success is there a new way to do this with the updates

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So i went off the step through trying to add a new keyfob to my 2017 brand new keyfob nd no success is there a new way to do this with the updates

What type of keyfob (is it the proximity entry type or the one you insert into dash to start the truck)?

Do you have the most up to date version? Android or Windows?

Alexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
What type of keyfob (is it the proximity entry type or the one you insert into dash to start the truck)?

Do you have the most up to date version? Android or Windows?
Insert into dash.. running newest update on android

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Insert into dash.. running newest update on android

I know I read the dev has been working on the "baseline" keyfob programming.

What happens when you try? Even when I programmed my highline fob it didnt go 100% as planned.

Also, where did you source the new fob? Non-OEM fobs can be iffy as to which one will actually work. I had one non-OEM highline fob from ebay not work at all and another non-OEM from Amazon work just fine.