AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I am using the BAFX Products BAFX3127 OBD from Amazon and am running AlfaOBD on my Samsung Galaxy Note 10+. I went with this OBD and security bypass because I saw elsewhere that someone used this combination to install a brake controller successfully on a 2019. What OBD would you suggest to try instead?

^^^^^ What Bob and likes2build above stated. It is the MOST widely used by the members here in this thread with NO problems.

hulk181

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Has anyone been using the 2018+ FCA Security Gateway Module Bypass from Infotainment.com, the OBDLink MX, and AlfaOBD and had any problems with anything they changed on a 2019 Ram 1500?

Inside Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Im not using the bypass from Info but just today on my 19 Classic i used the alfa along with the MX and security bypass listed in this thread to activate my newly installed aux buttons, trailer brake, upgraded gauge cluster and remote windows without a single prroblem. Go for it.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Has anyone been using the 2018+ FCA Security Gateway Module Bypass from Infotainment.com, the OBDLink MX, and AlfaOBD and had any problems with anything they changed on a 2019 Ram 1500?
Save some doubts and get the one DeereGuy makes listed in the OP.

Note on
AlfaOBD's support page about the zAutomotive Bypass (Infotainment gets it from them) ...

The bypass from Zautomotive does not currently support this bus!
Here is how to modify Zautomotive device (thanks to Fulvio from Italy for the solution and the permission to publish it) :
Open the Zautomotive device and solder two wires: connect pins A1 and A2, and connect pins A8 and A9 (see the picture).
Modification is the same for the first and the second model of the device.

M² Mods.

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a quick question, I just bought a Galaxy Tab A that I was going to download AlphaODB on to so that I can use it on my 2014 Ram Express. Will this work okay on this tablet the only reason I ask is that on the google play store it says that the app may not be optimized for my device. I would hate to download it and then it not work right. Any help would be appreciated.
I use a tab A for alpha and it works just fine

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hello, I have just bought alfaobd and I have few question about it. Can you change the trigger temperature for auto confort?

Can you change the zone of the automatic ventilation? It always shoot air to the feet, which is not useful to defrost windshield in winter. Can you select foot and front windshield zone instead of just foot?

Can you desactivate tpms?

And i have heard of proxy alignement but I cant find it in body computer.

Thanks

wolf48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hello, I have just bought alfaobd and I have few question about it. Can you change the trigger temperature for auto confort?

Can you change the zone of the automatic ventilation? It always shoot air to the feet, which is not useful to defrost windshield in winter. Can you select foot and front windshield zone instead of just foot?

Thanks

On my 2012 I was able to deactivate TPMS.

Not sure about auto comfort, I’m interested in that as well.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

Thanks

I dont believe you can completely eliminate the tpms system as it is a mandated piece of equipment on vehicles now but you can make the thresholds whatever you desire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You can change it to TPIS which only reads the pressures without all the alarms,etc. At least you can on the 2500's not sure about the 1500's though!!

Last edited:

diboblo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Thanks
IiRC, you an select Premium and Base TPMS as NOT PRESENT, under VehConfig 3, to disable this feature.

You have to change both, though.

Maybe someone else will chime in.

Bob

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Thanks
Can’t completely disable TPMS. Like mentioned, you can either lower the thresholds, or change it to TPIS by making the changes in this post- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-873#post-2127784
No proxi alignment needed for Rams.

wolf48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

Thanks

On my 2012 I was able to deactivate TPMS.

Not sure about auto comfort, I’m interested in that as well.

Copy paste of the steps I took to disable on my 2012. This will show 0 psi in TPMS and turn off light. I reverted and lowered my thresholds.

TPMS notification
1 Connect to Body computer selecting Central Gateway Module MY2006-2012
2 When connected, select active diagnosis (the icon with a car on the lower right corner)
3 Select Change car configuration (the last one on the list)
4 Select vehicle tech config2 Tire Pressure System
5 Set it to unset and hit start

hougie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is there anything that can be done with the evap system with the Alfa obd.. It's such a silly system to repair at home, I would like to disable it or shut if warnings.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there anything that can be done with the evap system with the Alfa obd.. It's such a silly system to repair at home, I would like to disable it or shut if warnings.

Federal emissions control? Doubt you can shut it down.

Agree its a silly system, even worse is that it *should* be cheap to fix, but finding what needs to be fixed is what costs the most.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Why would you want to shut it off when you can lower the thresholds and make it function correctly? I know its no big deal to just check pressures manually but not sure why you would want it turned off unless your truck is specifically offroad use or race use.

Timwis72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanx. I will try that. I also just got an 7” EVIC plugged it in and nothing. Do I need a security code from the dealer? Thank for the suggestions I will look into that

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Copy paste of the steps I took to disable on my 2012. This will show 0 psi in TPMS and turn off light. I reverted and lowered my thresholds.

TPMS notification
1 Connect to Body computer selecting Central Gateway Module MY2006-2012
2 When connected, select active diagnosis (the icon with a car on the lower right corner)
3 Select Change car configuration (the last one on the list)
4 Select vehicle tech config2 Tire Pressure System
5 Set it to unset and hit start
He’s got a 2014. Pre-2013 ram trucks have a completely different TPMS system, and those steps won’t work for him.

jdomke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m considering doing the premium cluster upgrade and have been waiting for this app to do the trick. Is it really working? I’ve got a 2014 that I grabbed a 2014 premium cluster from. Will I be able to program the miles and hours? This thread moves so fast it’s hard to keep up with the progress and steps needed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sabo