AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I'm using the MX scan tool that everyone recommends

OK. It's probably bug in alphaobd. I know it's been hit or miss over the past few updates. I believe on post 1 there are some older versions you can try.

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

KC Cryptkeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
12 times I have tried to change my mileage with the Alpha OBD with no luck. I purchased the software last week and am using a Kindle Fire. Any hints? I have followed the same procedure every time with no luck. Is it possible that my new cluster could be bad?
Update I can change my idle hours and my total hours. So now I don't believe its a bad cluster. Still no luck with the mileage change though

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd-full-video-tutorals-step-by-step.149846/

Frank Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought an MX+ and connected it to my ecoDiesel 2015 1500 RAM. The s/w with the MX+ works like a champ and connects with the Windows via blue tooth.

HOWEVER, bought the Alfaobd s/w and can not get a connection to the Windows tablet. It keeps saying it can't find the MX+

I've tried COM 1, Com 2, Com 3 and Com 4 but nothing seems to work.

Anybody have any idea? Yes, I've read the Help pdf, but didn't get any help.

Anyone?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Frank,
There aren't many AlfaOBD Windows users (maybe 5-10 vs 100's for Android), that said, there's a link in the op for getting started with Windows that may help.
Getting Started with Windows.

Credit @crash68
and @Ghost_RAM (haven't seen you around in a while)
M² Mods.

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Bought an MX+ and connected it to my ecoDiesel 2015 1500 RAM. The s/w with the MX+ works like a champ and connects with the Windows via blue tooth.

HOWEVER, bought the Alfaobd s/w and can not get a connection to the Windows tablet. It keeps saying it can't find the MX+

I've tried COM 1, Com 2, Com 3 and Com 4 but nothing seems to work.

Anybody have any idea? Yes, I've read the Help pdf, but didn't get any help.

Anyone?

Well I'm one of the 5-10 that has used windows since I got the App. about a year ago. It has worked great for me and done everything I have tried. OK So you bought the alfaOBD app and have it installed on your computer, Plugged the MX+ in the Obd port and with the app. opened it finds the MX+? Does the MX+ show up under Bluetooth devices? When you hit connect under start-body computer-powernet 2015 it will not connect? What does it say? Make sure your firewall is not stopping it as mine does everytime as it does not recognize the publisher.

Frank Smith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
:33:I'm sure you don't mean the truck "firewall"...just kidding.

Yes, the Bluetooth connections shows up in on the tablet. As I mentioned, there is bluetooth connectivity with the MX+ unit and I can show the info from the MX+ with the s/w that comes with it "OBDwiz" with no problem. Thus, there seems to be no problem with a firewall or bluetooth itself.

I have tried all 4 Com ports on the tablet and the AlfaOBD s/w says the same for each. No connection.

I've even gone in and deleted all the com ports and then reestablished them to no avail. Additionally, I un-installed and re-installed the AlfaOBD s/w. Still nothing changes. Maybe the developer has some ideas. Otherwise I have no idea how to proceed unless I hack the s/w and see where the failure is actually occuring.

r84boomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie 4X4
I have modifystreet gen 2 headlights. Keep getting parking light out message. Set to led in alfaobd. Anyone have a fix this is driving me crazy. Shows error every 3 minutes or so.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have modifystreet gen 2 headlights. Keep getting parking light out message. Set to led in alfaobd. Anyone have a fix this is driving me crazy. Shows error every 3 minutes or so.

Try Low and high beam led present set to "No".

Is LED parking light present set to Yes or No?

r84boomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie 4X4
Try Low and high beam led present set to "No".

Is LED parking light present set to Yes or No?

both hi and lo set to led because I have Hikari led in them. peking light set to led because they are led built in from modifystreet.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
both hi and lo set to led because I have Hikari led in them. peking light set to led because they are led built in from modifystreet.
In light of some testing that @chrisbh17 and @1500ram12 have been doing, the low beam LED setting seems to have an adverse effect on the rest of the front lighting. I think we can now say, don’t even bother with the LED high and low beam settings and leave them at “no”. If you have LEDs for low beams, only use the high intensity discharge head lamp setting under VehConfig 3.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

In light of some testing that @chrisbh17 and @1500ram12 have been doing, the low beam LED setting seems to have an adverse effect on the rest of the front lighting. I think we can now say, don’t even bother with the LED high and low beam settings and leave them at “no”. If you have LEDs for low beams, only use the high intensity discharge head lamp setting under VehConfig 3.

As Jimmy07 stated turning led low/high to no, also turning parking light led to no and setting the voltage for turn/park/ corner to 12.2v has eliminated my errors. It's been a week since I've made those changes and have had zero issues. I have a modified version of the g1 alpharex lights. I removed the stock upper and lower strips and added switchbacks.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
:33:I'm sure you don't mean the truck "firewall"...just kidding.

Yes, the Bluetooth connections shows up in on the tablet. As I mentioned, there is bluetooth connectivity with the MX+ unit and I can show the info from the MX+ with the s/w that comes with it "OBDwiz" with no problem. Thus, there seems to be no problem with a firewall or bluetooth itself..
so here is something i found on my win10 laptop.. try using the software that came with, or downloadable for the MX+ Mine would connect even though it didn't show as a connected device.. it was a bit strange for me to grab onto. Make sure its a connected device, not necessarily "connected" but is listed in your devices. then open up the software, it should work, it did for me.

r84boomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie 4X4
I tried tga
As Jimmy07 stated turning led low/high to no, also turning parking light led to no and setting the voltage for turn/park/ corner to 12.2v has eliminated my errors. It's been a week since I've made those changes and have had zero issues. I have a modified version of the g1 alpharex lights. I removed the stock upper and lower strips and added switchbacks.

I tried that and still get error. Once I clear it and turn on headlights it comes back immediately. I only saw voltage in CBC extern and mine was set at 13.0. Lowered it to 12.2. Only options in front besides the headlights was left front corner and right front corner.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I tried tga

I tried that and still get error. Once I clear it and turn on headlights it comes back immediately. I only saw voltage in CBC extern and mine was set at 13.0. Lowered it to 12.2. Only options in front besides the headlights was left front corner and right front corner.

I couldn't remember exactly what they were called in alphaobd but basically anything related to the front marker lights.

Do you have high intensity discharge lights enabled?

r84boomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie 4X4
I couldn't remember exactly what they were called in alphaobd but basically anything related to the front marker lights.

yes hid is set to yes
Do you think it will take a few key cycles or should it be immediately?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
yes hid is set to yes

It should be immediate but each truck reacts differently to changes. So it could take a couple of minutes for the computer and any modules to recognize the changes.

What do you have for bulbs and g1 headlights or g2

r84boomer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie 4X4

yes hid is set to yes
It should be immediate but each truck reacts differently to changes. So it could take a couple of minutes for the computer and any modules to recognize the changes.

What do you have for bulbs and g1 headlights or g2

G2 with Hikari ultras both how and lo beam. Morimoto replacement vertical led fogs. Did the door set up to rod turn signal error but this parking light error just won’t go away

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
What year is your truck

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yes hid is set to yes

G2 with Hikari ultras both how and lo beam. Morimoto replacement vertical led fogs. Did the door set up to rod turn signal error but this parking light error just won’t go away

Did you try setting LED Parking Lamp Present to "yes" ?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat