AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xjmav

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone have any luck enabling the "APPS" on a uconnect from a Canadian model? Im in the USA and have a Canadian truck and no APPS on the stereo or way to arrange the stereo buttons. Would love to have the uconnect app on my phone too. Also anyone successfully updated the cruise control speed?

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
Have any of you 4th genners tried turning off sentry key and the immobilizer? Since the RKE and sentry key are the same module I'm wondering if turning sentry key off would mess with RKE. I'm thinking about adding RKE to my 3rd gen and I'd rather not have to deal with the sentry key BS

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine

Amoinor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would like to replace my mirrors from standard heated to power tow mirrors with heat, puddle, and turn signal. Can I just swap mirrors and switch panel on door or do the door modules also have to be replaced?
Sorry if this has been mentioned I spent a few days reading over forum but 1060+ pages is too long.

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
I have gotten global down to work with remote start once and then wouldn't work at all

Mine work fine with remote start... I have 3 clicks for remote, 2 unlock clicks for global down...

HOWEVER, didn't BigDaddy ask if it worked with "push button" start? Isn't that different?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Mine work fine with remote start... I have 3 clicks for remote, 2 unlock clicks for global down...

HOWEVER, didn't BigDaddy ask if it worked with "push button" start? Isn't that different?

He did but global down should work the same whether it's push button or the baseline fob

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

RAMbow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 FrankenRam (Limited Tradesman)
Engine
I would like to replace my mirrors from standard heated to power tow mirrors with heat, puddle, and turn signal. Can I just swap mirrors and switch panel on door or do the door modules also have to be replaced?
Sorry if this has been mentioned I spent a few days reading over forum but 1060+ pages is too long.
Yes, door modules need to be relaced as well, and then set the codes with alpha obd.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If by power tow mirrors you mean power (fold) tow mirrors then yes you will need to change the door modules. Your standard door modules will accommodate every option (except)power fold.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
If by power tow mirrors you mean power (fold) tow mirrors then yes you will need to change the door modules. Your standard door modules will accommodate every option (except)power fold.

was just gonna say that rick .ya beat me to it

Nycatt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s pretty obvious every corner is different. I checked it with alpha and every corner is set to 70mm. I tried to lower the Rear Right since it’s the highest to 60mm but I don’t think it did anything. Any ideas?

9A964809-39F8-4FA2-86F9-7C50CDA46D48.jpeg

Slevin

Reaction score
I'm new to all this and I searched the thread before asking but all I'm looking to do right now is clear a check engine light on my 2018 1500.

I have the bypass cable, OBD MX, and app. Just wanting to know what to do in the app.

Thanks for any help!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I'm new to all this and I searched the thread before asking but all I'm looking to do right now is clear a check engine light on my 2018 1500.

I have the bypass cable, OBD MX, and app. Just wanting to know what to do in the app.

Thanks for any help!

Were you would choose what you want to connect to select engine, choose the engine you have, connect, select the check engine icon at the bottom, read faults, then clear. Do the same in the bcm

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I downloaded the trial version of AlphaOBD and tested it with the Bafx OBD BT reader I already had on hand. They appear to play well together.

I realize the MX is the recommended/preferred interface but since the BAFX appears to be working with the trial version, I'm going to assume that it's good to go.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I downloaded the trial version of AlphaOBD and tested it with the Bafx OBD BT reader I already had on hand. They appear to play well together.

I realize the MX is the recommended/preferred interface but since the BAFX appears to be working with the trial version, I'm going to assume that it's good to go.

Most obd2 reader will work for a majority of changes. But most likely won't/will not work doing thing's more complicated like tire size change and mileage change

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

It might work ok to just access the BCM but it might not be able to connect to some of the other modules. The OBD Link MX and MX+ automatically adjust to connect to them. So long story short it may be ok for some things but not for others depending on what it's capable of. We have this asked all the time. Guys will use their tool for basic changes in the BCM and it will work ok. Then they will try to access other modules like the RF hub or heated seat module and they can't figure out why it won't work and blame the program when it's actually there OBD tool that's the problem. So if your just wanting to make changes in the BCM (body computer) you might be ok with just that tool. You won't know until you try to connect to other modules once you download the full version of the app.

Last edited:

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
It might work ok to just access the BCM but it might not be able to connect to some of the other modules. The OBD Link MX and MX+ automatically adjust to connect to them. So long story short it may be ok for some things but not for others depending on what it's capable of. We have this asked all the time. Guys will use there tool for basic changes in the BCM and it will work ok. Then they will try to access other modules like the RF hub or heated seat module and they can't figure out why it won't work and blame the program when it's actually there OBD tool that's the problem. So if your just wanting to make changes in the BCM (body computer) you might be ok with just that tool. You won't know until you try to connect to other modules once you download the full version of the app.

Roger. All I contemplate at this time, other than reading codes when and if they occur, is perhaps doing the ATC upgrade. I can always pick up an MX if need be.

Thanks!