AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting, I wonder if the flash the dealer performs is cluster firmware then?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
Not sure but I thought it possibly had something to do with the autopark recall. Thats always been my assumption until @clifford15 said he has a HD. I've only seen it in 1500s before. Now that I think about I wonder if it's just in 15 models, possibly because of the picky canbus in that year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys, been a while since I have been here so forgive me for not searching 600 pages of posts. Well, I used search, but didnt even try to read through it.
Anyhow, for some reason my alfaobd app cant connect. It doesnt see my OBDLink MX at all, to even attempt to connect to it. However, I have a different OBD app that connects just fine. Am I the only one experiencing this? Or is this something that's popped up in the past 6 months or so that I haven't been checking in here?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Not sure but I thought it possibly had something to do with the autopark recall. Thats always been my assumption until @clifford15 said he has a HD. I've only seen it in 1500s before. Now that I think about I wonder if it's just in 15 models, possibly because of the picky canbus in that year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I've seen it in my 2014 1500 with two different 2018 clusters I was testing with. I too originally thought it was just a feature to draw attention to the fact you're still in park.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey guys, been a while since I have been here so forgive me for not searching 600 pages of posts. Well, I used search, but didnt even try to read through it.
Anyhow, for some reason my alfaobd app cant connect. It doesnt see my OBDLink MX at all, to even attempt to connect to it. However, I have a different OBD app that connects just fine. Am I the only one experiencing this? Or is this something that's popped up in the past 6 months or so that I haven't been checking in here?
Did you pair the OBDLink MX to your phone first?

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you pair the OBDLink MX to your phone first?

That's the problem--I can't pair, because the app doesn't even see the MX as an available device to pair with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's the problem--I can't pair, because the app doesn't even see the MX as an available device to pair with.

Pair it in the phone Bluetooth settings first. It should show up in the app after that.
This ...

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Pair it in the phone Bluetooth settings first. It should show up in the app after that.
Not happening.

It's already paired in the phone--like I said, I can use another app just fine. But for the sake of argument, I deleted it from the phone's Bluetooth, re-paired with it, and still zero connectivity between Alfa and the MX.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It's already paired in the phone--like I said, I can use another app just fine. But for the sake of argument, I deleted it from the phone's Bluetooth, re-paired with it, and still zero connectivity between Alfa and the MX.
If you checked/set in AlfaOBD setting to use a OBDLink Bluetooth and it doesn't want to connect.
Leave the MX as a paired device in Bluetooth but uninstall the AlfaOBD app. Reboot the device and make sure you can still pair with the MX. Then reinstall AlfaOBD.

Pclaunch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
New to the forum and this thread is like taking a drink from a fire hose.

I installed the oem brake light with camera tonight in my 2018 2500 Laramie. I used the harness from m2 and it was flawless. The quality is superb. I used alpha to set the chmsl camera present to yes and chmsl led to yes also. I however can not get any indication from the radio that a camera is installed. All I see in controls is the backup camera and when I select that, there is no option for cargo camera. Any ideas? I hate to think I spent all this money to just have a cool led stoplight

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
New to the forum and this thread is like taking a drink from a fire hose.

I installed the oem brake light with camera tonight in my 2018 2500 Laramie. I used the harness from m2 and it was flawless. The quality is superb. I used alpha to set the chmsl camera present to yes and chmsl led to yes also. I however can not get any indication from the radio that a camera is installed. All I see in controls is the backup camera and when I select that, there is no option for cargo camera. Any ideas? I hate to think I spent all this money to just have a cool led stoplight
Give it some time and a few drive cycles, and it will show up.

Pclaunch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks guys. I will give her a few days before digging in further.

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Is there no grid lines available for 2013 If I don’t have it connected it shows grid lines but as soon as I connect it they disappear

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there no grid lines available for 2013 If I don’t have it connected it shows grid lines but as soon as I connect it they disappear
Sounds like there is something going on. I'm pretty sure you should have the Dynamic grid lines but the Static won't work in the 13 and 14 Rams by setting it with the Alfa tool. You can set the Static plus Dynamic gridlines in the 15 and up trucks and they both work. I contacted the developer and he said the static grid lines were not supported by the 13 and 14 trucks. My Nephew has a 13 with the 8.4 from the factory and his Dynamic grid lines work. My 14 also has the Dynamic grid lines with the option to turn them on or off in the settings menu on the radio.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I talked about it with developer and he said he would fix it in an update but who knows if the 13 and 14 cannot have that option even though when they leave the agency they work. as Ricks ram says

Last edited: