AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, you can tap into it. The reason that wire is there at pin 23 on the C4 BCM connector, and not at the front end connector at all, is because that wire is also used for the outside air temperature sensor return in the driver side mirror. This is only the case on trucks like yours, that are equipped with basic mirrors and without power door locks and windows.
Hey Jimmy.... im loving ya right now ... lol. Wanna come to Alberta and wire up my truck?? Hahaha. So i should be safe then to pull that one right out and tape it off and use it cavity 23 for the hood latch since I'm going with the fancy mirrors

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey Jimmy.... im loving ya right now ... lol. Wanna come to Alberta and wire up my truck?? Hahaha. So i should be safe then to pull that one right out and tape it off and use it cavity 23 for the hood latch since I'm going with the fancy mirrors

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk
Correct.

scott_intx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2016 Bighorn that started life with the 8.4" RA4 and standard seats. I added a UAS from a 2019 Classic and recently added heated/ventilated seats from a 2014 Laramie. I added the options in Alfa for them, however it looks like there might be something else going on. My "Controls" screen has resized the other icons to allow for seat controls, however the seat controls are not there. Is there something I am missing? I have attached the follow screens from start up. The drivers low speed vented seat turns on at startup like it is supposed to. These are the options I enabled:

Memory-Front Vented Seats Present
ECUConfig 3-Front Vented Seats Present
ECUConfig 3-Front Heated Seats Present
ECUConfig 3-Heated Steering Wheel Present
Memory-Rear Heated Seats Present
CustSetMenu 1-Auto-on driver comfort CSM (option 2-3)
Memory-Heated Steering Wheel Present
ECUConfig 4-Heated Seat Present
Memory-Heated Wheel Material Type
Memory-Heated Seat Material Type

IMG_1123.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2016 Bighorn that started life with the 8.4" RA4 and standard seats. I added a UAS from a 2019 Classic and recently added heated/ventilated seats from a 2014 Laramie. I added the options in Alfa for them, however it looks like there might be something else going on. My "Controls" screen has resized the other icons to allow for seat controls, however the seat controls are not there. Is there something I am missing? I have attached the follow screens from start up. The drivers low speed vented seat turns on at startup like it is supposed to. These are the options I enabled:

Memory-Front Vented Seats Present
ECUConfig 3-Front Vented Seats Present
ECUConfig 3-Front Heated Seats Present
ECUConfig 3-Heated Steering Wheel Present
Memory-Rear Heated Seats Present
CustSetMenu 1-Auto-on driver comfort CSM (option 2-3)
Memory-Heated Steering Wheel Present
ECUConfig 4-Heated Seat Present
Memory-Heated Wheel Material Type
Memory-Heated Seat Material Type

View attachment 215911

View attachment 215912

View attachment 215913
Most likely because of the pre-2015 heated seat module being used doesn’t work with the UAS/UAQ radios. Might either need the infotainment module to make the soft keys show up, or a 2015+ heated seat module.

scott_intx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Most likely because of the pre-2015 heated seat module being used doesn’t work with the UAS/UAQ radios. Might either need the infotainment module to make the soft keys show up, or a 2015+ heated seat module.
Is there a single module or is there one in each seat? I found Heated Seat Module - Mopar (68217268AF). Do you know if it would just be a matter of swapping this? It appears to be the same for both heated and vented.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Is there a single module or is there one in each seat? I found Heated Seat Module - Mopar (68217268AF). Do you know if it would just be a matter of swapping this? It appears to be the same for both heated and vented.
There is only one module, and it’s for both heat and ventilated features. I would *think* just swapping them should do it, especially since you have a 2015+ truck.

scott_intx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is only one module, and it’s for both heat and ventilated features. I would *think* just swapping them should do it, especially since you have a 2015+ truck.
Awesome. Is there one in each seat or one in the truck?

TheLorax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Longtime lurker, just signed up to post this message.

This super long thread helped me fix some things the Stealership messed up. Boy was I surprised to find out they turned some features off at the last service. Alarm didn’t sound when my truck was broken into. Used AlphaOBD to turn it back on.

Glad I kept the window sticker. Insurance is dealing with the Dealership through subrogation and holding them accountable for the loss. Had they not turned off the factory alarm I would have been out the door within seconds of the thief opening my trucks door.

The service tech is also in trouble for programming a FOB for himself. Can’t imagine why he would do something that dumb. We found that out when my insurance had a full scan of my truck done for the claim.

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7

This super long thread helped me fix some things the Stealership messed up. Boy was I surprised to find out they turned some features off at the last service. Alarm didn’t sound when my truck was broken into. Used AlphaOBD to turn it back on.

Glad I kept the window sticker. Insurance is dealing with the Dealership through subrogation and holding them accountable for the loss. Had they not turned off the factory alarm I would have been out the door within seconds of the thief opening my trucks door.

The service tech is also in trouble for programming a FOB for himself. Can’t imagine why he would do something that dumb. We found that out when my insurance had a full scan of my truck done for the claim.

Wow
Did they modify some settings that you did with AlfaOBD?
Or did they modify the original settings of your truck but then you could have them back with AlfaOBD?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Just reading that.....could the tech be the thief?

Did the alarm not sound because he used his fob to enter the truck?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

TheLorax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The tech modified factory set settings. The police don't believe he is connected to the individual that broke into my truck. That thief got lucky. The dealer asked my attorney for an itemized list of what was stolen. Then tried to offer me half of the cost to replace those items. Our state motor vehicle enforcement office said that the dealership itself could be criminal liable for the actions of the tech. But that they most likely would only receive a fine. There is an arrest warrant for the Technician. My vehicle is not the only one he tampered with. He did other things like adjusting tire sizes so that vehicles would gain mileage faster and cause the vehicles to be outside of the factory mileage warranty. My attorney and MVE has requested my entire service history and logs to see if I was affected by the tire size adjustment as well. The tech said was doing this to the "high rollers" because they shouldn't be getting things for free. I didn't know that as a firefighter I was considered a high roller. haha I just thought that I was like everyone else that worked hard and saved...and then one day finally bought a nice truck.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looked in threads and didnt find:

Trailer light activation via AlphaOBD. Is it able to be done. What would I need to accomplish this? Or is dealer with sales code only $$$ solution?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Looked in threads and didnt find:

Trailer light activation via AlphaOBD. Is it able to be done. What would I need to accomplish this? Or is dealer with sales code only $$$ solution?
Do you mean the trailer brake controller module and switch, or the actual trailer lights outputs? The light outputs should be active on all rams already.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
actually this is on my wifes Durango R/T. From what I read it has to be activated with a sales code to function.
Im just trying to make the factory light plug function. I bought the factory trailer plug outlet and connected it and it has NO function at all.

Last edited:

Fred Corcoran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
II need some help.

While setting up my AlphaOBD and DRL. I somehow managed to screw up my high beams. I copied everything I did down but I obviously missed something. The problem is when I turn my high beams on after a second or 2, I hear a relay switch and both my lowbeams and my high beams go off. I have lost my mind chasing down the problem to no avail. Has anybody ever heard of this? It's a 2018 Laramie with projectors. Hopefully I can avoid the $165 that the dealer wants to flash the BCM.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
II need some help.

While setting up my AlphaOBD and DRL. I somehow managed to screw up my high beams. I copied everything I did down but I obviously missed something. The problem is when I turn my high beams on after a second or 2, I hear a relay switch and both my lowbeams and my high beams go off. I have lost my mind chasing down the problem to no avail. Has anybody ever heard of this? It's a 2018 Laramie with projectors. Hopefully I can avoid the $165 that the dealer wants to flash the BCM.

Can you post a copy of your BCM settings (the dump that AlphaOBD can do) for folks to look over and see if one of us can spot the issue? Instructions for doing a dump are at the beginning of the thread.

-K

FTWLaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Question for FOB programming. I have a 2013 3500 with push-n-go. I bought it with only one FOB. Today, I ordered an extra FOB and want to program it to the truck. I have the PIN code as well. I understand the procedure is the same as the walk through at the beginning of the forum, except you use highline. I know there is another FOB out there in someone's possession. I'd like to disable it. Can someone tell me the steps to delete it? If I delete all FOBs will I be able to reprogramming my current FOB back into the system? Is there some "unpairing process" I need to do to make the key re programmable?
Thanks

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank