AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I don't have the Projectors Headlights , I see you have Halogen High Beams , are you using the Halogen High Beams for the DRL ??

The projector headlight use Halogen bulbs, same as the non-projectors. It's just a houseing/lens difference. But no, I'm using the turn signals, which is factory setup for DRLs on the projectors. I believe the factory setup for the non-projectors is the high beams at half power, which jives with the 7.4 DRL voltage setting.

-K

Mattcamp5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah, with those, you might just have to disable the rear facing bulb out detection. That is, assuming that they are all actually working fine when you get the bulb out warnings.
How do you disable the bulb out detection

Mattcamp5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Its under CBC Exterior Lighting Calibrations:

CBC Exterior Lighting Calibrations:
Auto Headlamp ON Threshold: 3.31 V
Auto Headlamp OFF Threshold: 2.55 V
Left Side DRL Voltage Target: 7.4 V
Right Side DRL Voltage Target: 7.4 V
Left Low Beam Voltage Regulation: 14 V
Left High Beam Voltage Regulation: 14.2 V
Right Low Beam Voltage Regulation: 14 V
Right High Beam Voltage Regulation: 14.2 V
Left Front Corner Voltage: 13 V
Right Front Corner Voltage: 13 V
Left Rear Corner Voltage: 13 V
Right Rear Corner Voltage: 13 V
Are these the standard preset voltages or the voltages that I should change to with Led bulbs?

Mattcamp5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Congrats, I'm sure you will not regret it. There is so many things you can do with this setup.

I have not messed with any of the inverter codes but I found the following just skimming through a few minutes ago.

Inverter Status Input Present
Inverter Enable Relay Output Present
DC to DC converter Present

Best thing I can say is make detailed notes of each change you make so you can revert back if you have adverse affects. Also, let us know and post your findings!

The headlights and harness have settings inside the program but maybe someone more aware of the process of swapping out the housings and harnesses can chime in. As far as the led lamps, the only thing I have done with any of the settings is the led license plate lamps. I changed the setting in mine to remove the pesky lamp out. I no longer get the message but then again I probably will not receive the warning of lamp out either because even with the bulb removed I get no message now.

Good luck!
I have a 13 ram 1500 that I’ve been changing my bulbs to led. I’ve had no issues until I changed my brake/rear turn signal bulb and since I’ve had a bulb out error message I can’t get rid of even though I changed the three settings for rear led bulbs. Any advice?

Summitbound1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The projector headlight use Halogen bulbs, same as the non-projectors. It's just a houseing/lens difference. But no, I'm using the turn signals, which is factory setup for DRLs on the projectors. I believe the factory setup for the non-projectors is the high beams at half power, which jives with the 7.4 DRL voltage setting.

-K
Thx Kad

Summitbound1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

-K
Has anybody had this issue

2012 Ram 3500 DRL activated ( Canada )

When I use the Remote Start at night . The Park , Tail , Guages , Heater lights are all lit up. I remote open the doors and when I turn the Key to Run and I then lose my heater lights , Tail light . The DRL lights work ( High Beams )
Then I have to use the Headlight switch to get my Lights working. Sometimes I can drive for 10-15 minutes and when I turn the Headlight switch to auto the Lights work like normal but not always

Using the OBDLink MX+ I don't seem to have the CBC setting like the newer Trucks ??

Tony_2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Got this figured out ----- CustSetMenu - sound horn with alarm with remote start - present to yes. takes a while to appear..

I am trying to add the horn chirp remote start setting to the 8.4 head unit. I used Alfaobd to enable it and that all works great.

Just wanted to know if it can be added as a menu setting on the head unit like other door/fob options are. I thought a while back someone posted how but I can’t find it.

Last edited:

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Have anybody disabled their ANC in your 2019-2022 and if so what is the process or steps using the AlfaOBD?

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I was able to find it.

SA8TER21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I am upgrading to the 7in evic cluster in my 2016 ram 1500 and was able to match the milage (had to input a value 1 mile higher to get the gauge to match) with my stock gauge but am unable to change engine hours. When I go into the program step it prompts next and shows what the current number on the cluster is but when I tap next the button changes back to start then about 5 seconds later it says procedure success but nothing happens at all. I put my stock cluster back in because I want to make sure I have the correct milage and hours.

I tried to write the vin like I read some others had success doing but still no dice.

Here's a link to a screen cap I took

Last edited:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Engine hours are somewhat a problem with 2016 EVIC’s
I have read threads where owners complain they erase/ reset themselves randomly and not reliable.

I personally would like to learn more about what you discover in your concerns to hold correct data.

I believe it maybe a factory/service oriented reset that overrides what we as consumers see or it was software that was in beta testing stages and not essential to production.

A lot of settings in configuration are not model specific and even more are there for options not available to the models build sheet.

For example as far back as Chrysler Daimler Mitsubishi configurations, there has been little to no accessible information regarding MPG I suppose this is because of concerns at the corporate level for rules regarding the EPA in the US that was substantiated by the diesel testing numbers for 4 gens.

Even when OBD was in it’s early stages the closest compromise that could be reached among all the vehicle manufacturers was the shape of the connector most every thing else regarding the pin configurations were considered proprietary.

Last edited:

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
So you're saying most likely it won't be possible for myself to change the engine hours?
I don’t mean to discourage you from exploring the software I don’t think enough serious documentation is available and there may be a way that is unproven or undocumented
I’ve had enough personal experiences with supposedly well documented software with technical phone support to know there are sometimes issues that aren’t completely understood or for what ever reason unknown.

For example some software is updated with time stamps and anything that is done to that software is not applicable or adjusted without recognition of a date before the programing time stamp any date that is recognized by the software during adjustment that is outside the particular time stamp is not taken because it is not part of the original code.

To go around this, the device that uses and changes the software must not be subject to outside influence such as wifi or bluetooth connections that would trigger the clock or time stamp memory.

Isolation is the best term to explain the manipulation of the device in order for the reboot with good data to be accepted.

I’m not saying this is what needs to be amended for your particular issue I’m just saying to look to outside sources for solutions and maybe other OBD software configurations and those conversations regarding changing, updating, or modifying.

Madavis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had this issue? The first one programmed just fine but this one says this

Attachments

• 4E333878-16D2-43E3-BCD9-FE6F0BBA2E84.jpeg
    4E333878-16D2-43E3-BCD9-FE6F0BBA2E84.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 9D4EAA85-39E3-4FF8-A60F-44E07F6177CE.jpeg
    9D4EAA85-39E3-4FF8-A60F-44E07F6177CE.jpeg
    91.7 KB · Views: 40

Jwithing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does the key fob programming work only for the fobs with the little nub that goes into the ignition? Or can I use this to program some new fobs for my 2015 sport with full keyless. My one remaining fob is getting a bit dingy lol.

rtamm

Reaction score
Can anyone help with changing radio to EU frequencies?

I have successfully tried with 3 cars this solution and it worked perfectly:
via AlfaOBD (BodyComputer->Car configuration change->ECUConfig 3: Country of Destination to Germany)
After 2 resets, everything works.

Cars where this solution worked are 2016 Ram 1500 with 5" screen, 2017 Challenger with 5" screen and 2018 Challenger with 8.4" screen (Alpine sound).

But now I'm struggling with 2018 Challenger with 8.4" screen, it has Harman Kardon system and almost all extras what was offered.
Radio frequencies can be changed with the same solution, but there is no sound from FM radio (it shows correct radio names and you can tune EU frequencies).
If you play through mobile phone, then there is sound.
One fact more, always you have to make 2 resets for radio, but after first reset, the radio is working perfectly, also EU frequencies. But after second reset, there is no sound.
Does anybody have solution?

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
Can anyone help with changing radio to EU frequencies?

I have successfully tried with 3 cars this solution and it worked perfectly:
via AlfaOBD (BodyComputer->Car configuration change->ECUConfig 3: Country of Destination to Germany)
After 2 resets, everything works.

Cars where this solution worked are 2016 Ram 1500 with 5" screen, 2017 Challenger with 5" screen and 2018 Challenger with 8.4" screen (Alpine sound).

But now I'm struggling with 2018 Challenger with 8.4" screen, it has Harman Kardon system and almost all extras what was offered.
Radio frequencies can be changed with the same solution, but there is no sound from FM radio (it shows correct radio names and you can tune EU frequencies).
If you play through mobile phone, then there is sound.
One fact more, always you have to make 2 resets for radio, but after first reset, the radio is working perfectly, also EU frequencies. But after second reset, there is no sound.
Does anybody have solution?
Does the Challenger have a SGW ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990