AlphaRex headlight non support

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Figure this was a good place to ask. Bought my Bighorn a couple weekends ago. Got some front tints, put on Tyger step bars and a roll up tonneau cover. Looks good.

Added Alpharex Pros with swapped out LEDs this afternoon. Install went OK, though was misled by American Truck's how to video. (She leaves out a number of steps.) Lights seem to function as intended but...

I can find nothing on wiring this grey DRL wire for 2020s. The Alpharex site says F66 for 2019s which I've seen referenced here, but that does not exist on my truck (stops at F64). I've seen people say, "just jam the thing down a hole and plug it up with a fuse". Not sure I want to do that. Bought a micro fuse tap... doesn't fit any of the holes in the box.

Any help?
Since your signature says you have a 5.7 e-torque, you have a 5th gen ram, so the fuse slot will be different for yours. Looks like fuses F35 and F38 are the only run/accessory fuses to tap in the engine bay fuse box.

Roderic J Sisk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi E-torque
Yeah, that works. Thanks!

Tapped F35. But, since my mini-fuse tap is too big, just did the super elegant "shove the wire" down it's throat to test. Are there smaller consumer fuse taps? I don't think I've seen one.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah, that works. Thanks!

Tapped F35. But, since my mini-fuse tap is too big, just did the super elegant "shove the wire" down it's throat to test. Are there smaller consumer fuse taps? I don't think I've seen one.
You need a micro tap, not mini.

Roderic J Sisk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi E-torque
Sure enough, look at that, right on Amazon. Eight of the thing in fact. My local O'Reilly's only ever had minis.

Learn something new...

Anyone want 7 micro fuse taps?!