AlphaRex headlight non support

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
They were facing 9 to 3 then I changed them to 12 to 6.

I think the alpharex must use better projectors

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

What led's are you using?

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What led's are you using?

Hikara ultra led 12000lm

I've seen what the alpharex beam looks like compared to mine and its just crazy lol.

I'm about to take these off and order the alpharex gas. [emoji2369]
Mine looks like Swiss cheese

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I’ve been in talks with a tech who said he was going to get me some load resistors. He sent me tracking info, however the tracking shows as “preparing for shipment” for the last 9 days so far. And no one is responding to my messages now. So time will tell how things go but currently not to impressed.

They are idiots .... my order was in process for 3 days with a system error which they admitted ... good luck ... I am thinking of sending mine back ...

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hikara ultra led 12000lm

I've seen what the alpharex beam looks like compared to mine and its just crazy lol.

I'm about to take these off and order the alpharex gas. [emoji2369]
Mine looks like Swiss cheese

Yeah yours looks like quads with crappy led's in them. Weird that they'd are so bad.

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah yours looks like quads with crappy led's in them. Weird that they'd are so bad.

I'll keep you posted if leds fix the problem. Hoping them do but we'll see! The headlights are currently open on my ram so I can adjust them once it gets dark to see if that helps

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I'll keep you posted if leds fix the problem. Hoping them do but we'll see! The headlights are currently open on my ram so I can adjust them once it gets dark to see if that helps

Led's are designed to be in the 9/3 o'clock position. I'd throw the halogen bulbs back in and see what the pattern looks like. If it's the same then you know that they are junk for sure.

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Led's are designed to be in the 9/3 o'clock position. I'd throw the halogen bulbs back in and see what the pattern looks like. If it's the same then you know that they are junk for sure.

Its identical. Junk it is then

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its identical. Junk it is then

I ordered the alpharex jet black version and ill throw leds into those instead. Should be here next week. Until then quads

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got back in touch with alpharex about still not receiving my resistors in the mail . They blamed the post office and said it’s due to the election....... ? Lol. Even though that shipment status never changed from “label created, preparing to ship”. Anyways..... they gave me another tracking number and promised this set is on the way. We shall see I suppose

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm installing the Alpharex pro series 5th gen 2500 style tomorrow and hoping not to jump through too many hoops with error codes, my truck is a 2014 so hopefully it's not too temperamental.... and defiantly not looking forward to contacting them for anything, took since labor day weekend to get the lights.

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm installing the Alpharex pro series 5th gen 2500 style tomorrow and hoping not to jump through too many hoops with error codes, my truck is a 2014 so hopefully it's not too temperamental.... and defiantly not looking forward to contacting them for anything, took since labor day weekend to get the lights.
I love the lights themselves and the quality still seems pretty nice after owning them for a month. Only issue I have is the error messages and customer service needs work. But I know that I can get the error issue fixed... just waiting on parts to arrive. Best of luck on yours, hopefully you are one of the lucky ones that are error free.

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also a heads up for anyone, they have you tap into F66 fuse For daytime runners ...which works. But the issue is that it powers the lights up on accessory rather than in the run circuit.

So if you are for example at a drive in movie or want to sit with your radio on in a parking lot At a fast food joint.... you can’t do so without you lights on and draining you battery and annoying people around you.

On my truck I don’t have heated seats so I moved my fuse tap to that location which is a 12+v key on RUN circuit. They still function as daytime runners but now only while the engine is running (which is pretty much when you want them on Anyways right? Lol).

There are other fuses that can be used . Your location may vary depending on your options. Which you could still technically tap into since it’s not a big electrical draw .... I just personally like using a unused circuit.

Best way is to use a test light or multimeter and with the key in the ACC position check the fuses and recall which ones are showing no voltage. Then turn the key to run and recheck and see which fuses are now getting voltage and that will tell you what ones are on the run circuit and potential candidates to tap into.

Hope that helps.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Also a heads up for anyone, they have you tap into F66 fuse For daytime runners ...which works. But the issue is that it powers the lights up on accessory rather than in the run circuit.

So if you are for example at a drive in movie or want to sit with your radio on in a parking lot At a fast food joint.... you can’t do so without you lights on and draining you battery and annoying people around you.

On my truck I don’t have heated seats so I moved my fuse tap to that location which is a 12+v key on RUN circuit. They still function as daytime runners but now only while the engine is running (which is pretty much when you want them on Anyways right? Lol).

There are other fuses that can be used . Your location may vary depending on your options. Which you could still technically tap into since it’s not a big electrical draw .... I just personally like using a unused circuit.

Best way is to use a test light or multimeter and with the key in the ACC position check the fuses and recall which ones are showing no voltage. Then turn the key to run and recheck and see which fuses are now getting voltage and that will tell you what ones are on the run circuit and potential candidates to tap into.

Hope that helps.
Suitable run only fuses for the behavior you describe for the DRL fuse tap: F85, F95, F96, F97, F98 on 2013-2018 Rams.

Dwight James

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I love the lights themselves and the quality still seems pretty nice after owning them for a month. Only issue I have is the error messages and customer service needs work. But I know that I can get the error issue fixed... just waiting on parts to arrive. Best of luck on yours, hopefully you are one of the lucky ones that are error free.

Can you tell me how your getting that error message fixed. I’m having the same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XXSNOTRODXX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you tell me how your getting that error message fixed. I’m having the same issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe I described it further back in the thread. I was able to install a led bulb on the parking lamp circuit which was just enough load to trick the computer into thinking it was back within halogen load values. I was in touch with alpharex tech support during all this and feeding them info as I made my findings and they matched up some appropriate replacment resistors that will take place of the resistors that they install in their headlights from the factory.
Some people have errors.... some don’t. Either way, enough have the issue that alpharex should be installing these beefier load resistors from the get go in my opinion.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Finally got back in touch with alpharex about still not receiving my resistors in the mail . They blamed the post office and said it’s due to the election....... ? Lol. Even though that shipment status never changed from “label created, preparing to ship”. Anyways..... they gave me another tracking number and promised this set is on the way. We shall see I suppose
Dude .... they are a complete mess when it comes to processing and shipping ... it honestly took 2 weeks for me to get mine ...

I was going to order them the Sunday before labor day ... they told me they would be going on sale for labor day and should wait and as long as I ordered that Sunday they would have them ready for me to pick up Monday in the afternoon .....it took them til Wednesday afternoon to process my order and then they didn't ship it out til Thursday according to FedEx lol....

I think I might send them back and spend $650 on someone who deserves it because these idiots don't ....

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

FLYxxBOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got my alpha black luxxs installed and I love them. No error or light out codes either (2016). I ordered labor day weekend and had them that Friday. I might use a different fuse tap too because I was chilling in the parking lot listening to the radio and thinking man I wish I could turn my drls off lol. @XXSNOTRODXX when moving it to f96 did you still use the 10 amp fuses? The only issue I might have is a little condensation in the passenger side. I washed my truck and noticed it in the bottom right corner. Super hard to get a picture of but you can see it, it distorts the drls in that corner

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I might use a different fuse tap too because I was chilling in the parking lot listening to the radio and thinking man I wish I could turn my drls off lol.[
You could always add the dedicated DRL circuits to your truck if it originally came with Quads. I did on my '15 for my ModifyStreet headlights, even have the option in the 8.4 radio to turn them off completely. The Darla only come on when the truck is in gear and the parking brake is not set. If the plug under the fuse box has pins 8 & 23 populated from the BCM, then you just need to contact M² Mods for the extended pigtails for the DRL circuits then enable them using AlfaOBD.