Alpharex NOVA headlights installed and review.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLYxxBOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got mine in today! Love these things! I went with the alpha black luxxs. I did the drl harness but they don't appear as bright as @AE5548 's but I think that has to do with the lights being the darker version and the plastic is darker where the drls are. Still bright enough for me in the day though. I have a 2016 and got no codes or issues either so that was a plus. I got an alfa obd for these but didn't need it. Might play around with other settings or return it not sure yet.20200919_192147.jpg 20200919_192250.jpg

Mopar1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Got mine in today! Love these things! I went with the alpha black luxxs. I did the drl harness but they don't appear as bright as @AE5548 's but I think that has to do with the lights being the darker version and the plastic is darker where the drls are. Still bright enough for me in the day though. I have a 2016 and got no codes or issues either so that was a plus. I got an alfa obd for these but didn't need it. Might play around with other settings or return it not sure yet.View attachment 221956 View attachment 221957
How is the light output with these? Not many people are getting the luxx version.

FLYxxBOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How is the light output with these? Not many people are getting the luxx version.

They are really good. I had the oem quads with diode dynamics sl1 leds, and these out perform them IMO. Crisp cutoff, throws light pretty far, I'm really happy with them

Mopar1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
@FLYxxBOY is it a nice wide pattern? The XB vs Nova comparisons I keep seeing on YouTube are crazy! The Novas has so much usable light up front but the styling is ok.

FLYxxBOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@FLYxxBOY is it a nice wide pattern? The XB vs Nova comparisons I keep seeing on YouTube are crazy! The Novas has so much usable light up front but the styling is ok.

Yes, it is pretty cool to see since I've never seen the light out that far before. My buddy as the moris, and we both agree the luxxs are better. His drls are brighter, but I think that's because mine are the alpha black and have the darker plastic.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes, it is pretty cool to see since I've never seen the light out that far before. My buddy as the moris, and we both agree the luxxs are better. His drls are brighter, but I think that's because mine are the alpha black and have the darker plastic.

Sounds like the Luxx are the better choice. Makes me happy that I ordered the cheaper G2 Alpha Black housings ($455) and right after they shipped I realized the Luxx Alpha Black were only $225’ish more and so I got a return label for the cheaper G2’s that arnt even delivered yet, they are going back untouched, and I already placed a second order for the Luxx Alpha Black so that they would ship now instead of waiting 7-10 days for the cheaper ones to get here, ship back, get inspected, etc, before I get a refund. I just went ahead and paid for the Luxx before my refund for the cheaper ones lol. So right now I have around $1,200 out there in AR headlights but $455 of that is coming back in 7-14 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLYxxBOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like the Luxx are the better choice. Makes me happy that I ordered the cheaper G2 Alpha Black housings ($455) and right after they shipped I realized the Luxx Alpha Black were only $225’ish more and so I got a return label for the cheaper G2’s that arnt even delivered yet, they are going back untouched, and I already placed a second order for the Luxx Alpha Black so that they would ship now instead of waiting 7-10 days for the cheaper ones to get here, ship back, get inspected, etc, before I get a refund. I just went ahead and paid for the Luxx before my refund for the cheaper ones lol. So right now I have around $1,200 out there in AR headlights but $455 of that is coming back in 7-14 days.

Good deal! Sounds like me but with tires lol. Got 275/65/20 Cooper stt pros when I got my level, then lifted the truck 6 months later and decided I needed 35x12.5s, so I got those and sold the 275s to recoup most of the cost lol

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Good deal! Sounds like me but with tires lol. Got 275/65/20 Cooper stt pros when I got my level, then lifted the truck 6 months later and decided I needed 35x12.5s, so I got those and sold the 275s to recoup most of the cost lol

Lol I’m just happy I realized my “mistake” before the lights even arrived. That way I am just return them for a full refund and don’t have to go through the hassle of try to sell them.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Between factory and those. It’s was a joke.

Somebody’s trolling....

No way in hell the stock quads or even the stock oem projectors would come close to a led projector setup, let alone FOUR led projectors per headlight.

Mopar1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
@FLYxxBOY Oh absolutely!! Wasn’t trolling, just being a smartass. The new ones are insane! And that’s with a phone camera. I could only imagine in person!

FLYxxBOY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@FLYxxBOY Oh absolutely!! Wasn’t trolling, just being a smartass. The new ones are insane! And that’s with a phone camera. I could only imagine in person!
I know, it just took me a minute to understand what you were saying lol and yeah they are better in person cameras don't do them justice