Am I a Bad Ram Washer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First, play this video in another window...it makes all the difference!

Now...I don't use a 2 bucket or a 1 bucket system.

I just use a foam cannon on my hose, a quad brush, a doobie for bugs, and some good soap.

Rinse, soap, clean, rinse, repeat.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO if your using any kind of brush you ain't doing you paint any favors. There may be some really soft one's out there somewhere but I think a good microfiber mitt is hard to beat.
Jay

OP
OP
KnurledNut

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMHO if your using any kind of brush you ain't doing you paint any favors. There may be some really soft one's out there somewhere but I think a good microfiber mitt is hard to beat.
Jay

I've got a super soft Carrand brush head. No scratches or other issues.

91UA0Fv-A1L._SL1500_.jpg

Todd C

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a super soft Carrand brush head. No scratches or other issues.

91UA0Fv-A1L._SL1500_.jpg
If you are happy with the results that is really all that matters. I would personally never put a brush on any paint that I care about.

geotex1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Nope, you're bad. Does not matter if your brush is made of fairy whiskers. You never want to use a washing implement that will drag along the dirt that is on your paint. Sure, running foam will carry a lot of away from a very well sealed paint, but not all. Not even close really. The reason microfiber wash mits are preferred is the tremendous surface area of the fibers to capture and hold the dirt away from the paint. It's also why rinsing the microfiber is so important.

This being said, I will state this is what the care is for show quality paint. I treat all my vehicles the same. However, for a daily driver you may feel differently, and as another poster said if you're happy with the results, that's really all that matters.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are happy with the results that is really all that matters. I would personally never put a brush on any paint that I care about.
Same here. NEVER, never!

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My way is foam cannon AND the two bucket system. Only use Microfibre mitts and always use a separate mitt for wheels.
Clean the mitts and replace them regularly.
I am way more **** after selling a white truck for a dark one. The dark is MUCH less forgiving.

I have a long handled brush that I only use on my fishing boat and cargo trailer. They are both vinyl wrapped.