Another TPMS Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coldupnorth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Guys
So Last year I had this same issue just prior to a service interval. I ignored it and when the shop gave the truck back they'd fixed it. Now, a year later, I find that a day after I got another phone call from my dealership 'reminding me' that my service was soon due, the same thing happened again.
I know they can talk to the truck from stealership-HQ and I'm really ticked off wondering if they do this to entice you back to the shop....

The issue is that I get a TPMS alarm on a single tire. The pressure is not only OK but it's the same value of the the tire on the opposite side and the same pressure it's always been. The TPMS Screen tells me I need to increase pressure by 5lb to eliminate the alarm. NONE of the other tires have never even been at that 'required pressure' so if it's a legit alarm why aren't they all in alarm? And why has the threshold been suddenly increased anyway?
As I say, the tire pressures are all good.

You're going to say that I should reset the TPMS system. This is going to sound like I'm totally incompetent, but when I google "Where is the TPMS reset button" ALL the returns say the button is above the brake/gas pedal under the dash. There is no such button. I have a sore shoulder from laying under that dash for 5 minutes to prove it.

Mine is a 2019 Classic with the Uconnect system. Is there a different method I'm missing?
Thanks in advance :)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The dealer can't see your what is going on with your vehicle
If you have one of the Uconnect programs that you pay for monthly, Ram Headquarters in Sterling Heights, Michigan can see if something needs attention on the Ram & they send a notice to your dealership to at least mention it to you when you go in for service.

If you don't pay for that fee based Uconnect, it is up to you to mention any issue to the dealer