Antifreeze can’t keep it in the revisor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Breck Barton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins turbo
Sunday I put new coolant tank in 2015 ram 6.7 turbo. Got it in just took time. While installing I got air in system. And I also didn’t have one of the 2 lines the go in the top of tank loose . So I lost fluid them but figured the lose hoes was it. Tighten clamp up bled the system called it a night. This morning went to job site 30 min one way so ran it hour came home parked it feeling good no smell of antifreeze ran good! Go out to leave let warm up it didn’t get to that point light came on low fluid check hoses tight no leak checked oil just oil check transmission just trany fluid the cap on tank brand new but never felt like it seals so I dug the old one of and it feels better . But the old cap was tight. I even check the fan to see if there was any play in it was chasing ghost there nothing wet there .. what could it be?

OLEJOE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Sounds like you may have not got all of the air out. Just keep putting it in there and it may eventually stop. If it doesn’t, then you’ve either got a bad head gasket or EGR cooler if it comes out the exhaust. If it’s not air then it’s going somewhere. The fan is not where the water pump is, it’s higher and to the left of the fan facing the motor.
Check it through a couple of more hot/cold cycles and it should stabilize.

Dennis Shellito

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins IBS
Is there coolant under the truck when it's parked? If not you either have a pressure cap that isn't holding or it is putting coolant out the exhaust. If it is going out the exhaust it is probably a bad EGR cooler, and that is what I suspect is faulty. BTW, a bad head gasket would cause the coolant overflow box to be completely full and overflowing so I think you can rule that out.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
sounds like air in system and its moving and gulps up the new stuff till its full.How the temp gauge doing ,not running hot?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
A CTD holds almost 6 gallons of coolant, keep track of how much you've added as to get an idea whether it's air or it's leaking