Any way to change "Sent from my Ram"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone found a way to change the text message signature that someone gets when you text message from your truck? Right now, it says, "Sent from my Ram" after the body of your text message. This is on my 8.4AN system.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I didn't even know it did that... I'll have to text myself and see.

OP
OP
RocketFoot

RocketFoot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I checked settings in the radio, in my phone and even on the uConnect website and I can't find diddly about it! I mean, I like it but I'd like to change to read something like, "Sent from my 400HP Hemi Ram!" or something cool like that! #FirstWorldProblems

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This issue was brought up once before, the answer directly from uconnect was no, its in the programming which we have no access too

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Maybe some kind of filter app on your phone set to recognize a phrase and change it to something else? Only thing I can think of

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I bet 00R/T could do it. Where's he at?

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I bet 00R/T could do it. Where's he at?

I'm an iPhone guy, so I haven't seen this in action. I know that the radio sends the messages to the phone over the Bluetooth MAP profile, so I'm guessing it just tacks the extra bit on to the end of the string that it sends. MAP support is a native part of Android now, so it gets routed right through the OS. For that reason, I'm not sure if it's possible to intercept the message in between when the phone gets it and it goes to the SMS app. The next time he's in the office I'll ask our Android developer if he has any idea.

The only other way I could think to do it would be to modify the string in the firmware image on the radio. I just looked at a decompiled firmware image I have and there is a string "Sent from my " in the string table. It looks like they use that and then tack the brand on to the end. It wouldn't be so easy to get rid of the RAM part, but you could theoretically change what words are in front of and after it. I haven't tried recompiling and installing a modified image (yet) primarily because I haven't had a good reason to. I'll take a look and see what would be involved and how risky it would be.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what are you doing just hacking into the radio or what?