Anybody familiar with this oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The oil does have the MS 6395 Chrysler spec

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm, you checking this out first? I never heard of this oil. By the way Rick........OIL THREAD! lol Thought I’d be nice enough to get that out of the at before some moron comes blabbing it... wait, what? lol

Octane

Reaction score
Duralube used to anyway,say it treated the metal,not the oil just like this product says.Treats the pores of the metal and makes it smooth! Sounds like duralube under a different name to me

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
just copy and paste from amazon, I' a little weary as the website lacks common info on oils..

TriboDyn is the 1st Oil Given a U.S. Functional Patent in Over 30 Years TriboDyn Releases a Ceramic Coating INSIDE Your Engine to Reduce Friction and Wear Highest Quality Pure Synthetic Oil

they even have a dexos friendly version..

TriboDyn Tri Dex is what you use if you have a GM vehicle that calls for Dexos oil. TriboDyn TriDex meets or exceeds all Dexos specifications.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Interesting one random review says his vehicle got smoother the longer it was used, and they promote themselves as heavy extreme pressure additives, and as we know ad naseum that is the science of these additives. Dare I say this may be a decent hemi tick oil, more testing could be warranted, but again I really don't like their non presence on stat sheets.

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
making "friends" when talking about oil. Proceed with caution or don't. :)

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Only in a hemi forum, in a rav 4 forum nobody rightfully cares. But as it turns out specialty oils do have an application where these conversations are justified, people can always opt to not click on them. I choose to value these specialty oils for what they are, a yomans attempt to fill a need.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Well everyone on the net is dismissive over new boutique oils, or even established boutique oils. I say we opt to do something different and actually discuss the potential benefits. I'm not sure about the graph, we know it doesn't quite jive with the forums experience on many of those brands, but even if it is part true, for the specific issue facing hemi's, it does show promising potential and I wont dismiss it.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Not really.......it was on Rick's link so they could have doctored it up.....LoL

I thought about bringing that over,as they do show Redline,but then i kind of wondered if it had been doctored to make their oil look good,lol

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well everyone on the net is dismissive over new boutique oils, or even established boutique oils. I say we opt to do something different and actually discuss the potential benefits. I'm not sure about the graph, we know it doesn't quite jive with the forums experience on many of those brands, but even if it is part true, for the specific issue facing hemi's, it does show promising potential and I wont dismiss it.

There's one guy with a fairly healthy built Hemi who swears by the oil,i like Ryan and usually believe alot of what he says as he does seem to test a few things.He believes in the stuff enough he became a dealer for it,lol. I've thought about giving the oil a whirl,but up here it makes Redline look cheap in comparision.I'm not up to robbing banks so i can afford to change oil in my toys,lol:favorites37:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I thought about bringing that over,as they do show Redline,but then i kind of wondered if it had been doctored to make their oil look good,lol

I do believe if I had hemi tick and redline 5w30 didn't kill it, which is about 20% of the people who attempt this, I would look at giving this product a try, what do you have to loose? Personally, don't give a double **** who makes it, as long as it performs.

Caution, I absolutely would want to see msds on this product before trying it to rule our chlorinated paraffins or any other dangerous additives. I would also do a uoa at the 5k mark if I did try this.

Thanks for bringing this forward Rick, let's see what we can find out.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
New true boutique oils is a good thing? I think it is the Motul name driving this, we see the rise of Millers in UK and a couple offerings out of Australia and South Korea that seamed to be going at that Motul name. I'm not sure redline is big enough to even be a consideration to these new oils, and amsoil is big in the US, but I'm not sure they even touch the heels of Motul. Partnerships with Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Yamaha and more really shows how big Motul is. I don't know of any redline or amsoil partnerships like this, redline is really bad at marketing their products and amsoil is busy with their marketing system, while Motul is straight up running stuff.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
This makes the second oil ive recently come across that ive never heard of. The second one being Driven Racing Oil.

Both of them i've heard of for awhile. I'm trying to track down somebody who is supposedly in the know for this oil.I told Ryan to send this link to the guy who is supposed to be in the know,whether he joins in or not will be the million dollar question.