I had no idea that the Tow Package Removed Power Folding mirrors and 360 Surround View.

• I had no idea

• I knew it removed features

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bsteiner36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I just purchased a Limited with the tow package and 2 days later I realized that the tow package removes Around view monitor and power folding mirrors. Has anyone contacted RAM or their dealer to get this resolved or fixed?

I was unaware that the features were removed. I missed the (N/A) on the window sticker. I was wondering how many other people had the same issue I did. I want to get this out and let everyone know so someone else doesn't buy a limited with the Tow Package and pay $400 to get $4000 worth of features removed (360 surround view, and power folding mirrors).

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I ordered mine without the tow mirrors specifically because they make the truck too wide for my shop door. Plus I knew you lost surround view because I studied this forum.before ordering.

OP
OP
B

Bsteiner36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
I ordered mine without the tow mirrors specifically because they make the truck too wide for my shop door. Plus I knew you lost surround view because I studied this forum.before ordering.

Curious if you knew from researching or from reading the Window Sticker.

mk61hacker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's one the of the most bone headed decision RAM made during 2019 1500 rollout. The problem for me is that it isn't some simple oversight... I know how these decisions are made at product level. This decision has been discussed at length on many internal meetings and approved by many people including high level management. Everybody understood 100% what that meant for the customer and dealers.

And yet - they've decided that they needed to clear out the old inventory of tow mirrors before new ones can engineering-finalized (along for HD release).

Legally and financially it was a right decision. Unfortunately, few hundred pissed off customers is a drop in a bucket in a larger picture...

OP
OP
B

Bsteiner36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
It's one the of the most bone headed decision RAM made during 2019 1500 rollout. The problem for me is that it isn't some simple oversight... I know how these decisions are made at product level. This decision has been discussed at length on many internal meetings and approved by many people including high level management. Everybody understood 100% what that meant for the customer and dealers.

And yet - they've decided that they needed to clear out the old inventory of tow mirrors before new ones can engineering-finalized (along for HD release).

Legally and financially it was a right decision. Unfortunately, few hundred pissed off customers is a drop in a bucket in a larger picture...

Unfortunately you might be right. I just hope that more people catch on to the issue and know what decision to make. Unfortunately i was not lucky enough. I told my dealer that the only thing I wanted them to do for me was make sure new customers are aware of this. Thank you for your post.

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Actually the 1500 tow mirrors were never power folding and were never available with the 360 degree camera.

OP
OP
B

Bsteiner36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 Hemi
Actually the 1500 tow mirrors were never power folding and were never available with the 360 degree camera.

Thank you for your post. I am aware. I am stating that as a new truck buyer I was unaware that the two features were removed. I was curious who else knew this prior to purchasing a truck.

arthur dwyer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi e-torque
2500 has them but 1500 does not?-50000 truck and no power fold=stupid engineering-mine does not-makes me MAD!

limited delmo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I specifically looked for a truck without the tow package. Losing the 360 camera isn't a big deal, but having power fold on even longer mirrors is a must. I can't believe Ram would even offer these mirrors on the Longhorn or Limited models.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The stupid thing is that even the dealers were not aware. They blindly added the tow package to almost every Limited they ordered for their lot. Way to downgrade a luxury vehicle. Limited without the tow package is hard to find. I ended up doing a FO.

Paul Durand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i have tow mirrors on mine and knew what it deleted when ordering it. Thing i do miss is power folding mirrors but was wondering if a front camera can be added to existing tow package as it stands as well as power mirrors?

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I learned about this as I was searching for my truck. I really wanted the 360 cameras.. so no tow package for me.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I researched the many options and deletions before I ordered my truck also.

OeRscriddles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Yes - very disappointed that there is no button for those longass mirrors. I never would have purchased the tow package version had I known.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just purchased a Limited with the tow package and 2 days later I realized that the tow package removes Around view monitor and power folding mirrors. Has anyone contacted RAM or their dealer to get this resolved or fixed?

I was unaware that the features were removed. I missed the (N/A) on the window sticker. I was wondering how many other people had the same issue I did. I want to get this out and let everyone know so someone else doesn't buy a limited with the Tow Package and pay $400 to get $4000 worth of features removed (360 surround view, and power folding mirrors).
Thats how it is when you order a tow package on the Ram

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I bought mine specifically for the tow features as I have a travel trailer to tow. I knew the mirrors were not power folding like the gmc I was trading in but I did not realize how much I would miss the power folding. I have a 9' wide door on my shop/garage and there is only a inch or two of clearance on each side when I pull in or out so I have to be careful. I dont like the split mirror either. I wish it was one piece. the truck tows much better than the 2017 4x4 ccsb sierra I had before, so that is the upside.

LouCap

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is an old thread, but the issue still persists. I bought my Limited back in June when they were offering CRAZY discounts, so the deal made up for the lack of the 360 cameras. That being said though, even my salesman didn't realize the tow package deleted all the cameras (except the backup). Being that it was the end of the month, I didn't have a lot to choose from in their inventory but had I known about this before I was ready to buy, I might've compromised on something else, like the color of the truck or the interior. On the plus side though, my truck was the only one they had with the multifunction tailgate, so score there.

Last edited:

RoadPilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Frankly I have never pulled a trailer in my life with a fold-on mirror. I have never missed it
later

yellowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
none
Engine
none
I knew about this from the 3 ram forums I read at length before purchase. Anything with tow was a deal killer for me