Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
What changes? Did you set both the turn and parking lights to LED? Make sure those are set before adding the resistors.
As for the resistors, they get added like this: View attachment 218064
Just to be clear from that pic I need to be taping the parking light wire and the negative wire and that should do it.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Just to be clear from that pic I need to be taping the parking light wire and the negative wire and that should do it.
Yes, the resistor(s) go between the positive and the negative of the light(s) your having the problem. In your case it's the parking light. If you were having problems with both, you would need two resistors wired the same way. Or buy a pre-wired resistors harness that plugs in
That picture I found with Google, that why it shows the turn signal.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Yes, the resistor(s) go between the positive and the negative of the light(s) your having the problem. In your case it's the parking light. If you were having problems with both, you would need two resistors wired the same way. Or buy a pre-wired resistors harness that plugs in
That picture I found with Google, that why it shows the turn signal.
Perfect! That's what I assumed . Now to pull the lights and get the LEDs in and now the resistors as well and see if that works! Appreciate the help crash68!

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
Ok, first off, I just spent the last 3 hours going through this very informative post. I just want to verify I've got this down. Here's my plan.....I ordered the Modifystreet V1 Black projector headlights and Aukee H7 50W 6000k LED's to replace my 2015 EcoalDiesel Laramie's stock projectors that has HID low and LED high installed. My truck has been Alfa OBD'd and has never had any issues with EVIC warnings due to light errors. So the actual heaglight install is straightforward and I did get the projector adapter harness included which is still the original design, no DRL seperate wire. Now the only thing that I keep coming back to is the DRL wiring. Am I correct that I can pull the 2 pinned wires from factory plugs for driver and passenger side factory DRL, cut off pins, solder and heat shrink a pigtail to each, and then connect to the single red wire hanging from each headlight housing ? And this is all to keep factory DRL setup? Sorry if repeating what's already been said .....just looking for peace of mind.

Cheers!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok, first off, I just spent the last 3 hours going through this very informative post. I just want to verify I've got this down. Here's my plan.....I ordered the Modifystreet V1 Black projector headlights and Aukee H7 50W 6000k LED's to replace my 2015 EcoalDiesel Laramie's stock projectors that has HID low and LED high installed. My truck has been Alfa OBD'd and has never had any issues with EVIC warnings due to light errors. So the actual heaglight install is straightforward and I did get the projector adapter harness included which is still the original design, no DRL seperate wire. Now the only thing that I keep coming back to is the DRL wiring. Am I correct that I can pull the 2 pinned wires from factory plugs for driver and passenger side factory DRL, cut off pins, solder and heat shrink a pigtail to each, and then connect to the single red wire hanging from each headlight housing ? And this is all to keep factory DRL setup? Sorry if repeating what's already been said .....just looking for peace of mind.

Cheers!

Yes you can de-pin the factory dedicated drl wire and tie it to the red wire coming off the headlights and retain the factory drl setting and use the drl's on the headlights.

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
Is this scenario possible with V1........Have the DRL on the bottom amber and top out ....Top only on for driving lights and on with headlights ?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Is this scenario possible with V1........Have the DRL on the bottom amber and top out ....Top only on for driving lights and on with headlights ?

If you want the amber as drl's you could technically just change the drl's to turn with alfaobd. But to get only the upper on with the headlights, if I'm thinking about this correctly, you should get a short extension harness for the low/high beam feed. Move that to the turn/park connection. On that harness cut the wire that line's up with the parking light feed and wire the "truck" side to the red wire on the headlight. This should make the upper strip the parking light which would come on when the headlights are on

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
If you want the amber as drl's you could technically just change the drl's to turn with alfaobd. But to get only the upper on with the headlights, if I'm thinking about this correctly, you should get a short extension harness for the low/high beam feed. Move that to the turn/park connection. On that harness cut the wire that line's up with the parking light feed and wire the "truck" side to the red wire on the headlight. This should make the upper strip the parking light which would come on when the headlights are on

You're information and knowledge is so appreciated.......me thinks I'll keep it simple and just go with my original plan

Cheers Mate!

LeeS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoalDiesel
If I just change the turn signals to DRL in AlfaOBD will the amber still work as a turn signal? And then after this setting without any rewiring would the top brow light still function?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
If I just change the turn signals to DRL in AlfaOBD will the amber still work as a turn signal? And then after this setting without any rewiring would the top brow light still function?

Yes the amber would be your drl through the truck. The upper brow light is independent of the truck's lighting programming, so it would remain on

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel

Yes the amber would be your drl through the truck. The upper brow light is independent of the truck's lighting programming, so it would remain on
On the V1s the top brow light is the DRLs, if he changes the turn signals to DRLs then the top brow light probably won't light up if they're wired to the dedicated DRL outputs. He may have to wire in the "DRL module" that comes with the headlights but then they'll just turn On/Off with the truck.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
On the V1s the top brow light is the DRLs, if he changes the turn signals to DRLs then the top brow light probably won't light up if they're wired to the dedicated DRL outputs. He may have to wire in the "DRL module" that comes with the headlights but then they'll just turn On/Off with the truck.

He was thinking about taping into the dedicated drl feed on the truck's harness for the upper drl lights. Then was thinking about swapping thing's around that required some extra wiring. Currently has the "stock" setup on the v1s and I believe wired in the drl harness so what he was asking would work

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Had to take these off my truck last January because the white/amber of the Profile RGB strips were not bright enough. So I removed them in January and finally just got around to opening them back up and adding Profile Sequential Strips in the upper + lower DRL sections. Also had to remove the tint over the DRL sections as that was also causing the output to be super low.

These pics are from when I originally built them last fall, I haven’t resealed them yet without the tint and with the new strips added, but here they are.

AlphaRex 2019 Style custom build. Close to $2,000 into this retrofit and that’s without shop labor (did it all myself), strictly parts. All 4 projectors were replaced with Morimoto Mini D2S projectors, 4 Morimoto D2S HID kits, 4 profile demon eyes, 4 profile rgbwa strips, 4 profile sequential strips, Morimoto Bluetooth controller, tons of custom wiring, without a single butt connector or solder, all done with 9006 plugs, or JST plugs. All wiring is as professional looking as possible without any cut wires or connections. Projectors are mounted with custom brackets, as the setup inside these lights was not very friendly for projector retrofits.
2d9faccd49b08095c5d3f14f2edb9387.jpg
5845096315fbe2ed4c37dfd4cdd24fbe.jpg
ba70ee1baa2451931dc309a247da868f.jpg
9fe0e911c6cbc95c15b2e656829ced0a.jpg
41ca1174e30988c4e8b71c245794f2a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Had to take these off my truck last January because the white/amber of the Profile RGB strips were not bright enough. So I removed them in January and finally just got around to opening them back up and adding Profile Sequential Strips in the upper + lower DRL sections. Also had to remove the tint over the DRL sections as that was also causing the output to be super low.

These pics are from when I originally built them last fall, I haven’t resealed them yet without the tint and with the new strips added, but here they are.

AlphaRex 2019 Style custom build. Close to $2,000 into this retrofit and that’s without shop labor (did it all myself), strictly parts. All 4 projectors were replaced with Morimoto Mini D2S projectors, 4 Morimoto D2S HID kits, 4 profile demon eyes, 4 profile rgbwa strips, 4 profile sequential strips, Morimoto Bluetooth controller, tons of custom wiring, without a single butt connector or solder, all done with 9006 plugs, or JST plugs. All wiring is as professional looking as possible without any cut wires or connections. Projectors are mounted with custom brackets, as the setup inside these lights was not very friendly for projector retrofits.
2d9faccd49b08095c5d3f14f2edb9387.jpg
5845096315fbe2ed4c37dfd4cdd24fbe.jpg
ba70ee1baa2451931dc309a247da868f.jpg
9fe0e911c6cbc95c15b2e656829ced0a.jpg
41ca1174e30988c4e8b71c245794f2a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely a challenging headlight to retrofit. I've done mine twice. First round left the stock low beam projectors and added profile Hi-Lense Led highbeam projectors and profile switchbacks in the upper and lower drl's.

Round 2 swapped in morimoto H1 7.0 projectors and morimoto HB led highbeam projectors. I did add some cheap led sequential switchbacks for turns. And tinted the drl plastics. At this point I'm done modifying them. Bought a project truck to waste money on

0c57a5906a9abbac3b7a247838e2d36b.jpg
10772752fe3da828636b5adf1b9cef1b.jpg
d03af35ae126521056bd9eecafaab247.jpg

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Definitely a challenging headlight to retrofit. I've done mine twice. First round left the stock low beam projectors and added profile Hi-Lense Led highbeam projectors and profile switchbacks in the upper and lower drl's.

Round 2 swapped in morimoto H1 7.0 projectors and morimoto HB led highbeam projectors. I did add some cheap led sequential switchbacks for turns. And tinted the drl plastics. At this point I'm done modifying them. Bought a project truck to waste money on

0c57a5906a9abbac3b7a247838e2d36b.jpg
10772752fe3da828636b5adf1b9cef1b.jpg
d03af35ae126521056bd9eecafaab247.jpg

Yea tell me about it. Most of my issues were with mounting the Morimoto D2S projector to the high beam spot... such a tight fit compared to the lowbeam spot. Both were a major issue. I wanted to keep the ability to adjust the projectors with the stock AlphaRex adjustment screw, and i also had problems with mounting them and the projector cutoff being straight, and also where the output should be aiming. I went through 2-3 weeks of R&D trying 5-6 different mounting methods, custom fabricating brackets of all sorts. Heres some crazy photos from the build.

So i tried to just mount the projector to the plastic "bucket" with long bolts... didnt work lol.

alpha1.JPEG

Then i tried to make a "mounting plate" that went behind the "bucket" so i could utilize the mounting shaft on the D2S 4.0 projectors.... again... didnt work.

alpha4.JPEG

So back to square one. Decided that i need to make a custom bracket that sits up against the 4 "posts" that the original AR projectors mounted too. This would allow me to mount the bracket up against the posts of the bucket, and then allow me to adjust the projector on the bracket, so even if the bracket wasnt 100% perfectly aligned and straight, i could make fine adjustments to the projector and get it dialed in and perfect. This method finally worked!!

alpha2.JPEG

alpha3.JPEG
alpha5.JPEG

alpha6.JPEG
alpha7.JPEG

Success!!!! Finally!!!!

Even though i aligned and tuned the projectors on my test wall in my workshop, i wanted to test the alignment on my truck just to make sure it was perfect, as this was new territory for me compared to the usual builds i do which are Ram Quads, oem Projectors, and other make/model vehicles which are usually shaft mounted and once aligned on my test wall, they are always perfect once installed. This retrofit was such a headache i didnt want to leave anything to chance.

alpha8.JPEG

Here's a picture of some of the custom wiring with JST plugs, keeping it clean!

alpha9.JPEG

Here are some bonus photos of the VViViD Hex+ Headlight/Taillight Tint that i used on the Upper+Lower DRL lenses. Looked amazing but ended up drowning out too much light when combined with the DRL lenses frost/diffused finish so i removed the tint just today when i reopened them to change a few things around.

The amber reflectors turned out great after being wrapped with the VViViD Vinyl!!

alpha10.JPEG

alpha11.JPEG

And here is some RGB action for good measure:

alpha12.JPEG

SorySS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi guys,

Nice to be here! I have a question, as I'm reading the forum for hours and I don't see anyone experiencing my problems. I've installed the G2 with Hikari LED for a week and a half now, on my 2019 Classic Ram 1500, and other than Parking light out error with the headlights on, everything was working as it should, but on the weekend, I've changed the steering wheel as on the old one had no audio buttons, so I had to disconnect the battery.
After the steering replacement, I've connected back the battery and when starting the truck in drive mode, the Alpha G2 DRL are not on, as usual, but they are staring only when I turn the headlights on. Did something happened? Has anyone experience any issues as this?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hi guys,

Nice to be here! I have a question, as I'm reading the forum for hours and I don't see anyone experiencing my problems. I've installed the G2 with Hikari LED for a week and a half now, on my 2019 Classic Ram 1500, and other than Parking light out error with the headlights on, everything was working as it should, but on the weekend, I've changed the steering wheel as on the old one had no audio buttons, so I had to disconnect the battery.
After the steering replacement, I've connected back the battery and when starting the truck in drive mode, the Alpha G2 DRL are not on, as usual, but they are staring only when I turn the headlights on. Did something happened? Has anyone experience any issues as this?

Check the battery connection and fuse connection for the drl module