Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Too much light, what's that mean?
Well it certainly ain't like too much beer the following day...lol

First I've heard of this recall, considering I just run the LEDs in the high beams, those don't matter if they're too bright. Brights are used when no one is around.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I'm curious if Law enforcement in some parts of the country are pulling people over and giving out faulty equipment tickets for LED headlights or some other such basis that prompted the NHTSA getting involved at the bulb level.

M² Mods.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Amazon sent me an email about it (twice, because I bought 2 sets of Hikaris)

Like its Hikari's fault people use them wrong and/or dont know how to align them correctly!

Yet I drive around every night and end up blinded by every idiot that puts blue LEDs into their stock headlights (of any vehicle, not just trucks)
I get blinded more often by idiots driving beaters with crap headlights either pointed to the sky or with their highs and lows on because they can't see anything with just their low beams on.

bigred90gt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
or with their highs and lows on because they can't see anything with just their low beams on.
I love those people. I return the favor, only mine are like having a q-beam spotlight straight into your eyes. I've got 6000k HID with 45w ballasts in my projectors, so when the cutoff shield drops they get a full blast of it. Plus the LED bulbs in the highs and for good measure the LED fog lights. My brights light up the world, and I'll happily blind those idiots driving around with their brights on. They usually get the point when I bomb them.

kegger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Wonder if this is just in the states. I haven't had any emails from Amazon and I'm running hakaris in the alfarex lights. I'm in Canada so it might be different up here.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Wonder if this is just in the states. I haven't had any emails from Amazon and I'm running hakaris in the alfarex lights. I'm in Canada so it might be different up here.
Probably, it's a "national" safety recall/bulletin I believe. It's a US Federal agency that issues these...

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=21E002000

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Jeffm6942

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hello all....

I recently purchased and installed Alpharex projectors with 6000K HID.
Of course...one of the ballasts were bad and had to wait forever to get a replacement
Got everything working but I noticed the drivers side has a weird pattern to the light...off to the side?
Also...I have a 2012 and also have AlphaOBD. I'm trying to get it to keep the DRL's on all the time...(in white) I can get it to work with the amber turn signal lights on. I have switchback assemblies so I want it to"switchback" which it will not if already amber.

I have set my Alpha up to have:
DRL location...Dedicated DRL...set (turn signal makes it amber)
DRL Config...Canada...tried Optional DRL and it makes the DRL amber

Any suggestions how to get the DRL to be on all the time unless turning?

I will say...love the brightness of the HID's...but it's a ***** to get all the cabling from the ballast to hide properly....and still get the plastic retainer clip to slide down easily...especially passenger side.

Thanks to all!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Hello all....

I recently purchased and installed Alpharex projectors with 6000K HID.
Of course...one of the ballasts were bad and had to wait forever to get a replacement
Got everything working but I noticed the drivers side has a weird pattern to the light...off to the side?
Also...I have a 2012 and also have AlphaOBD. I'm trying to get it to keep the DRL's on all the time...(in white) I can get it to work with the amber turn signal lights on. I have switchback assemblies so I want it to"switchback" which it will not if already amber.

I have set my Alpha up to have:
DRL location...Dedicated DRL...set (turn signal makes it amber)
DRL Config...Canada...tried Optional DRL and it makes the DRL amber

Any suggestions how to get the DRL to be on all the time unless turning?

I will say...love the brightness of the HID's...but it's a ***** to get all the cabling from the ballast to hide properly....and still get the plastic retainer clip to slide down easily...especially passenger side.

Thanks to all!

For the odd drivers side pattern, check to see if it's seated properly. If it is you'll have to play with the clocking of the bulb.

I'm assuming that you have the g2's.
For drl's (location) you are limited with your 2012.

Easiest way would be just to use the supplied drl harness.

Not so easy, If fog lights are a option for drl's on your 12, and you don't have fogs, you can tap into the truck's side harness that has the fog light wiring and use that as your drl feed.

Because the white part of the switchbacks under the parking light feed, there is no way to use the turns as drl's and have the white illuminated.

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
For the odd drivers side pattern, check to see if it's seated properly. If it is you'll have to play with the clocking of the bulb.

I'm assuming that you have the g2's.
For drl's (location) you are limited with your 2012.

Easiest way would be just to use the supplied drl harness.

Not so easy, If fog lights are a option for drl's on your 12, and you don't have fogs, you can tap into the truck's side harness that has the fog light wiring and use that as your drl feed.

Because the white part of the switchbacks under the parking light feed, there is no way to use the turns as drl's and have the white illuminated.

You can kind of get the lower to be orange DRLs and the top as white. It requires you to set the turns as the DRLs, turn off the DRL drop out and place the headlight switch in the running light position.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

randerson0248

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just installed the gen 1's in my 2019 Classic. Bought from Modifystreet on ebay for $260. After ordering the lights, I ordered Aukee 16000 lumen leds for low and 18000 lumen for high; obdlink mx+ and a security gateway bypass from amazon.

I had zero issues that needed alphaobd to fix. It was actual plug and play.

For the price these lights are great, but I have one complaint. The right side low beam points to the left. At about 75-100 feet out the right low beam pattern merges with the left beam.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I just installed the gen 1's in my 2019 Classic. Bought from Modifystreet on ebay for $260. After ordering the lights, I ordered Aukee 16000 lumen leds for low and 18000 lumen for high; obdlink mx+ and a security gateway bypass from amazon.

I had zero issues that needed alphaobd to fix. It was actual plug and play.

For the price these lights are great, but I have one complaint. The right side low beam points to the left. At about 75-100 feet out the right low beam pattern merges with the left beam.

Make sure that the bulb is seated properly and the headlight itself is seated properly in the truck. Sometimes they don't sit just right and can throw things off

randerson0248

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks, I will try your suggestions.

Plus, I spoke to soon. I am getting hyper flashing. Happening so fast, I didn't notice at first. Will see if I can fix in alphaobd.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks, I will try your suggestions.

Plus, I spoke to soon. I am getting hyper flashing. Happening so fast, I didn't notice at first. Will see if I can fix in alphaobd.

In alfaobd under body Computer, car configuration, enable VehConfig 3 high intensity discharge lights, and led park and turn.

After the changes if you still have hyper flash use each signal until goes away. If after 10-15 seconds it doesn't try using the 4 ways.

Just remember to download your stock body Computer settings before making any changes

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
In alfaobd under body Computer, car configuration, enable VehConfig 3 high intensity discharge lights, and led park and turn.

After the changes if you still have hyper flash use each signal until goes away. If after 10-15 seconds it doesn't try using the 4 ways.

Just remember to download your stock body Computer settings before making any changes

Just to confirm the trucks will adapt to hyperflash?

randerson0248

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I haven't bought alphaobd yet. I have an android phone and a windows tablet. Which do you think would be better to load alphaobd to? Or can I purchase once and load to both devices?

rod from md

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I haven't bought alphaobd yet. I have an android phone and a windows tablet. Which do you think would be better to load alphaobd to? Or can I purchase once and load to both devices?

most of the screen shots that are here are with an android device so it may be easier to follow along .

i have seen a few using windows and, while the same info is there, it presents differently on the screen .

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Just to confirm the trucks will adapt to hyperflash?

Sometimes. Not all led's/switchbacks are created equal. Canbus compatible led's have a higher success rate in not having hyper flash after settings are changed with alfaobd.When I initially installed the switchbacks in my quads and set turn/parks to led I had hyper flash. I used the signals while driving and it went away. Now whenever I swap between quads and my custom g1's I'll get hyper flash and will have to use each signal until it goes away then it's fine. Now on my custom g1's every so often I'll get hyper flash with my left signal (probably because it gets used more), I'll just let leave it on until it goes away.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
most of the screen shots that are here are with an android device so it may be easier to follow along .

i have seen a few using windows and, while the same info is there, it presents differently on the screen .
Im from MD too

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk