Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UgB4e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone tried the GTR Lighting Ultra 2 Led in projectors? Headlight revolution says they are better than an HID kit.

UgB4e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@Josef many other reviewers have said the same thing. I just wonder if anyone in here has experience with them.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
@Josef many other reviewers have said the same thing. I just wonder if anyone in here has experience with them.

8d5acef8852cb77728276528de497eea.png

I took a screen shot from one of headlight revolutions comparison videos

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

There is a thread on the Cummins Forum about headlight mods. And they did those but were not impressed but everyone likes something different so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UgB4e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
@1500ram12 yeah that's the one I saw too. They were the best in every category except reflector housings. I'm running the bi-halogen 2500 5th gen style front Alpharex and want the best I can buy.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
@1500ram12 yeah that's the one I saw too. They were the best in every category except reflector housings. I'm running the bi-halogen 2500 5th gen style front Alpharex and want the best I can buy.

A few people are running them on here. I don't recall if they have them in projectors or reflector housings but I know they said they were bright. Lighting is tough. What's bright to one is average to another. They may be bright but do they have good distance

Josef

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I took a screen shot from one of headlight revolutions comparison videos

I've learned to take HR with a grain of salt! Used to buy from them all the time then I read this and it all made sense why their "300%" brighter bulbs only appeared 30% brighter most of the time.

C5i4xhq.png

koblesCar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've learned to take HR with a grain of salt! Used to buy from them all the time then I read this and it all made sense why their "300%" brighter bulbs only appeared 30% brighter most of the time.

C5i4xhq.png

hahah 500MPH in a toyota LOL

zacbar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any Canadian trucks with these lights installed? Currently have quad headlights and my DRL's are high beams at reduced brightness. Will this cause an issue with these lights? Going to have to disable DRL's thru alfaobd?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Any Canadian trucks with these lights installed? Currently have quad headlights and my DRL's are high beams at reduced brightness. Will this cause an issue with these lights? Going to have to disable DRL's thru alfaobd?

You won't have any issues. You can still leave the high beams as drl's and use the alpharex drl's. If you add led's for highs then you may run into a issue

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

triode4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
bog horn
So after looking at many different Alpahrex light sets, is there a set that is more plug and play than others? I want the V2 versions in black but not glossy black. I believe the product number is 880597. Would there be any other harness, or connectors I would need? I do know I would need to do the alphobd changes and have that.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
So after looking at many different Alpahrex light sets, is there a set that is more plug and play than others? I want the V2 versions in black but not glossy black. I believe the product number is 880597. Would there be any other harness, or connectors I would need? I do know I would need to do the alphobd changes and have that.
They're all plug n play, you just need to order the projector adaptor with them if your truck came with projector headlights from the factory.
AlfaOBD is used for anything that will be to change to LED in the BCM

triode4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
bog horn
They're all plug n play, you just need to order the projector adaptor with them if your truck came with projector headlights from the factory.
Thanks! The Alpharex website is not describing it has compatible anything in the way of connectors.

triode4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
bog horn
Oh, forgot, does that mean I also don't need to buy a fuse tap?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Oh, forgot, does that mean I also don't need to buy a fuse tap?
I don't think they include a fuse tap, it's been a while since I put mine in. You would need a fuse tap for ATR style fuses, I think they're also called Micro II.
I actually added the dedicated DRL circuits to my truck. Looks like you have a BigHorn, you should be able to add the circuits, but check the wiring harness under the fuse box for:
PIN 8 - LEFT DRL LAMP DRIVER
PIN 23 - RIGHT DRL LAMP DRIVER
Contact M² Mods for the wiring pigtails.
Use AlfaOBD to enable the dedicated DRLs with turn signal drop out ad they'll operate like factory. Look on the first post of the AlfaOBD thread for information on how to set up the DRLs. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

triode4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
bog horn
I don't think they include a fuse tap, it's been a while since I put mine in. You would need a fuse tap for ATR style fuses, I think they're also called Micro II.
I actually added the dedicated DRL circuits to my truck. Looks like you have a BigHorn, you should be able to add the circuits, but check the wiring harness under the fuse box for:
PIN 8 - LEFT DRL LAMP DRIVER
PIN 23 - RIGHT DRL LAMP DRIVER
Contact M² Mods for the wiring pigtails.
Use AlfaOBD to enable the dedicated DRLs with turn signal drop out ad they'll operate like factory. Look on the first post of the AlfaOBD thread for information on how to set up the DRLs. https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/
Wow, that is so helpful, thanks for the information! I have a chance now of making it come together! I will keep up the update once I get started.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ok, I enabled DRLs without running any additional wires to my headlights the results are interesting on these.

I set it to turn signal DRL using AlphaOBD and it keeps the amber turn on solid (but still signals correctly). If I turn the light selector to running lights I get top bar white, bottom amber. If I turn it to headlights on I get top and bottom white bars with lows (highs work too).

I think I might like it this way even though I was trying to get the DRLs to be both bottom and top white bars. I can live with it if it means no additional wiring.

One thing I was wondering is, is there any function to the DRL dropout feature?

Here's a picture of it in running lights on mode, it's a reflection from my wife's car because I had to be in drive and she would not help me do this in the rain, 7 months pregnant, with a two year old yelling for her...fe2d224d394c08edfb02e6d2c7f146ea.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk