Anyone use these Rotors/Brakes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Checking to see if anyone has any knowledge of these brakes/rotors? I saw these on EBay. Thought it was a joke as they look like marble lol.

Attachments

• 886D1F86-A859-4FA5-AE86-7371B59152D2.jpeg
    886D1F86-A859-4FA5-AE86-7371B59152D2.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 48

healthyrx

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport Night
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I'm not mistaken the R1 rotors are the products sold by @Nick@GotExhaust but they use a different brand for the pads since R1 pads leave much to be desired.. from what I understand you can expect similar performance to the powerstop z36

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I have good luck with their calipers, no core and more then 1/2 price off of oem or most aftermarket. I'm not 100, but I think they are more budget oriented products. For pads I like wagner oex, pretty inexpensive zero dust and good performing.

OP
OP
Lyle Longboat

Lyle Longboat

2011 Ram 1500 5.7 Sport CC
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a quote to buy geomet solid rotors from nick. And will end up buying the power stop pads to go with them most likely. I need better pads to stop my 35s. Stock pads are doing a better job after the rubber brake lines were swapped to steel braid but still leave some desire as I can tell they don’t like the heat from stopping the big tires in stop and go. The power stop are a ceramic blend which should be perfect for the heat. My stock calipers are great condition still. To bad nobody sells a budget friendly big brake kit that just uses larger rotors with a new caliper bracket to increase the stopping efficiency. I did that on my VW Jetta and really liked how it felt.

Midknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I was running Nick's Geomet R1 drilled and slotted rotors package on my truck. I also have R1 Concept's package on my wife's SUV (Optimum OEp pads). The geomet rotors coating on my wife's SUV is already showing rust through while my truck seemed to hold out a little longer. My truck pads only survived 42k miles compared to the 88k miles on the originals for comparison. I just threw on some Duralast Elite ceramic pads to hold me over until I decide which set up to use next.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have R1 rotors listed here as well as our R1/Posi-quiet package. We do not recommend the R1 pads that is why our package offers a different pad option. We can change the package up as well if you prefer a different pad.

USe promo code GOTBRAKES15 for a discount! Let me know if you have any questions. Also we offer other options for brakes, so if you want a different option all together shoot me a message and I can quote you.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
We have R1 rotors listed here as well as our R1/Posi-quiet package. We do not recommend the R1 pads that is why our package offers a different pad option. We can change the package up as well if you prefer a different pad.

USe promo code GOTBRAKES15 for a discount! Let me know if you have any questions. Also we offer other options for brakes, so if you want a different option all together shoot me a message and I can quote you.
Nick do you carry anything for the Challenger brake systems?

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick do you carry anything for the Challenger brake systems?

yes we offer parts for just about all vehicles. we can help you pick out a brake package or source what ever you may be interested in. Do you have a specific setup in mind?

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There are some excellent videos on youtube where a guy gets access to a computerized brake testing machine, and tests a whole bunch different brand pads using brake industry standardized brake testing methods. Then he subjects the same pads to salt water and does impact tests (industry practices) ...to see how well the pad material bonds to the backing plate. Then he charts the results showing each pad's braking ability and longevity. That way you can see for yourself. Otherwise all we have to go on is mfgr or other people's hype or limited experience.

Pretty interesting. You can find it/them if you do some youtube searches.

DrewP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Diesel
I replaced my 18 2500 front pads and rotors with:

Power Stop K5411-36 Front Z36 Truck & Tow Brake Kit, Carbon Fiber Ceramic Brake Pads and Drilled/Slotted Brake Rotors​

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KT5C5EA/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They were $270 when I purchased them 2 weeks ago, now $400. They were $370 on Rock Auto.
Piece of cake to install - took me less than 2 hours and I haven't done brakes in 25 years.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Powerstop Geomet rotors on my Charger. Not slotted, not white. They're a matte silver, and are still rust-free.
I got a random question about those geomet. I know they make black ones too and I thought that would be good for my metallic black ram. Now if the rotor is black once the pad hits it it will turn silver right so what’s the point of the black coating?

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Personally I think colored rotors are a gimmick. After having drilled/slotted on my Ram I now think they're a gimmick too (unless you're doing 180 on the Autobahn)
The Powerstop Geomet are coated on the hub & edge, not the braking surface.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not yet,more or less just checking my options out,my wife is hard on tires and brakes,lol
I know the feeling, my wife goes through brakes faster than me. She goes through tires faster than me too, well at least the front tires. Rears I might wear out a little faster.....:cool:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I know the feeling, my wife goes through brakes faster than me. She goes through tires faster than me too, well at least the front tires. Rears I might wear out a little faster.....:cool:
I don't what it is with women,lol. My wife drives to the redlight / stop sign,then decides to stop,aarrgghh,it drives me around the bend,but if i say anything,i'm sleeping in the doghouse,lol:badidea: