Auto park enable for 2014 2500 Longhorn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aanorm69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Is it possible to enable the auto park function on my '14 2500 Longhorn? I'm talking about where the trans goes into PARK when you open the door. The reason I ask is because of what happened in the below post I submitted in 2019:

I wish I had had the auto park on my '14 Longhorn last year! Backed my 5th wheel into storage unit, disconnected and pulled up. I needed to get out for something. Thought I put it in park, opened the door, jumped down and the rig started backing up. Before I could get up and get my foot on the brake the drivers door hit the bollard protecting the building and wrapped the door around so it was touching the front fender. (Cummins got sum torque!)

Thanks, Norman

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Unfortunately Auto-park is not available for your truck, it still has a mechanical linkage to the transmission. The ZF 8spd transmission is shift-by-wire which is how the feature can be possible.
You could get the feature but you would need to buy a '19 or newer 2500 w/6.4L Hemi or possibly when the CTD gets the ZF 8 spd next model year