Automatic wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
YES I READ THE MANUAL FIRST!
The automatic wiper function does not seem to work on my new 1500 Limited. I have turned ON
rain sensing from the Apps part of the settings. The following are the symptoms.

1. With rain sensing turned ON, the wipers do not turn on at all, even in heavy rain.
This is with the wiper control switch in the proper position: the 1-4 settings that are usually
for setting intermittent wiper. The system must know I am asking for rain sensing, as the intermittent function does not work, when rain sensing turned ON at the App level

2. With rain sensing turned OFF, the intermittent settings work for intermittent wiping.

3. Per the manual: temperature is operating range of the system (70 degrees) and there is no Rain-X or other on the windshield, unless it was put on at the factory or by the dealer at make ready shop...I doubt that as they barely had it in there for a quick rinse once it came off the truck.

VANMAN

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Interesting, I didn't even know there is an app. I just put mine on the intermittent setting, usually the first one when it starts to rain and it will operate when needed. Maybe someone else can chime in, but when is doubt take it to the dealer if it is under warranty. Sorry I can't be of any help.

reyn3545

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just leave them on the first cluck up from off.... when the rain starts, so do the wipers!

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
It doesn't matter, 1,2,3,4 clicks if they are turned on the wipers will work in the rain.

OP, put the truck in the driveway, start it, make sure the auto-wipers are on and spray the windshield with water from a hose. If they don't operate, then it's time to make a trip to the dealership.

OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
Definitely does not work even in heavy rain...intermittent works fine, but when I turn on the rain sensing (from the Settings menu) then nothing happens at either setting 1 through 4 in any kind of rain.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Sounds broken to me. My only 1 suggestion would be clean the area in front of the sensor with alcohol. But that would be grasping

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I thought it was the area right in front of the rear view mirror. On the outside of the windshield it is basically center top, like a black area

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
On the bright side since it doesn't work at all there's no issue with the dealer having the problem duplicate itself so they can fix it. Could be a few things. Sensor, wiring, bcm, software glitch. I'd bring it in along with the next thing that goes wrong or when it needs an oil change to save trips since it's more of an annoyance than major issue and being new you still have lots of time and warranty.

OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
On the bright side since it doesn't work at all there's no issue with the dealer having the problem duplicate itself so they can fix it. Could be a few things. Sensor, wiring, bcm, software glitch. I'd bring it in along with the next thing that goes wrong or when it needs an oil change to save trips since it's more of an annoyance than major issue and being new you still have lots of time and warranty.
I ordered the aftermarket rear step they install (they receommended I do not order factory rear step) so I will have it done when they install my step.

Reactions: BWL
OP
OP
R

RAMVANMAN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 Pentastar
I went to dealer to have step installed for rear bumper...they fixed the wiper issue. They say the sensor was not connected.

YES I READ THE MANUAL FIRST!
The automatic wiper function does not seem to work on my new 1500 Limited. I have turned ON
rain sensing from the Apps part of the settings. The following are the symptoms.

1. With rain sensing turned ON, the wipers do not turn on at all, even in heavy rain.
This is with the wiper control switch in the proper position: the 1-4 settings that are usually
for setting intermittent wiper. The system must know I am asking for rain sensing, as the intermittent function does not work, when rain sensing turned ON at the App level

2. With rain sensing turned OFF, the intermittent settings work for intermittent wiping.

3. Per the manual: temperature is operating range of the system (70 degrees) and there is no Rain-X or other on the windshield, unless it was put on at the factory or by the dealer at make ready shop...I doubt that as they barely had it in there for a quick rinse once it came off the truck.

VANMAN