Best Mods for Under $100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That is a ton better!
I can get my entire finger in mine.
Thanks for the update brother.
AND I know, I know. My truck is filthy lolc25b16487103e0a1a5bb322e718dfed2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mine was the exact same way. I hated the way it looked and was going to send them back if the stock bracket didn’t help. Hopefully it’ll work just as good for you! Heck nobody is worried about a dirty truck in the winter! Hahaha

Mleads310

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you can post a full write up in how to use the original brackets that would be awesome! I have these same fogs and the gap is huge. Honestly hate the way it looks, but the light output is great.

atc06jh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If you can post a full write up in how to use the original brackets that would be awesome! I have these same fogs and the gap is huge. Honestly hate the way it looks, but the light output is great.

there wasn’t much to it to be honest. Take the adjustment knob off, removed the bar and spring, then unscrew the bracket from the new fog. Save the screw, metal washer, and rubber washer from the aftermarket fog. Take apart the stock bracket. Where the pin in the side of the fog is (where the screw and washer came from) should be a little smaller than the hole in the stock bracket. So I used a dremel sand disk and took a little off at a time until I had a snug fit with the aftermarket pin in the stock brackets hole. Screwed it down and replace the stock adjustment knob and spring back to the stock bracket with the aftermarket light. I have a thread called Headlight Options that has more photos in it if you want to check it out. It helped using the stock brackets for sure. Looks so much better.

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
#1 in my experience has been the tailgate assist shock kit

other mentionable things under $100:

mud flaps ($50 from Amazon)
K&N air filter for stock air box ($50)
Bed mat (rubber - $80 eBay)
Ronin bullet antenna ($45 on Amazon - for looks only - worsens radio reception)

Truck air horn ($45 and $8 for push button on Amazon - installed behind grille)

Led bed light kit ($30 on Amazon)

OEM Ram hitch cover ($10)

Light up Ram hitch cover/light ($30)

Oil catch can ($30 on Amazon)

Hardwire kit for dash cam ($20 on Amazon)

Rove R2 4K dash cam (just over $100 on Amazon)

Generic seat covers ($20 on Amazon for my driver seat only - spare to swap out/wash dirty one)

OBD2 reader - Creader 4001 ($40 on Amazon)

NJ_TN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I have 3 kids under 5years old, ain’t nobody got time for links lol .... ‘google’ it, and be lucky you don’t have to watch ‘Ryan’s world’ and Sago Minis on repeat lol ...
:anitoof::anitoof::anitoof::Big Laugh: Hilarious. I know the feeling. I have a set of twins and a daughter that’s a year older than them.

Bandit517

That Trials Guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have 3 kids under 5years old, ain’t nobody got time for links lol .... ‘google’ it, and be lucky you don’t have to watch ‘Ryan’s world’ and Sago Minis on repeat lol ...

Mine have grown past Ryan's world and now watch random videos of other people playing with toys. I always ask why they like watching other people play with toys instead of them playing with toys. LOL

On track with the thread so far I've got the tailgate assist, stubby antenna, AVS window visors, Lasfit floor mats (Just over $100 on Amazon). Going to order the V6 electric fan, and smoked LED license plate lights next I think. Need to get more serious about ordering headers. But this Ohio weather isn't favorable at the moment to do exhaust work.

fprevos

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do you install lights in the hood vents?

krakaman24

2018 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
)

Truck air horn ($45 and $8 for push button on Amazon - installed behind grille)
($40 on Amazon)

What horn did you get? And does it actually sound like an air horn?

I've tried so many different "loud horns" or whatever else they are marketed as and none seem to be worth a damn. I want as close to a true air horn without a compressor that I can get.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I put PIAA Super Bass extra loud horns in mine.
130 & 140db, they sound like old car horns, loud and angry.

El_Lobo_Gris1500C

Reaction score
What horn did you get? And does it actually sound like an air horn?

I've tried so many different "loud horns" or whatever else they are marketed as and none seem to be worth a damn. I want as close to a true air horn without a compressor that I can get.

Just an Amazon air horn (came with air pump to run on demand). It’s fairly loud, but not eat splitting or anywhere near the Db level of an actual truck horn or train horn. If I had the money and time I’d go for the triple train horn with tank and compressor, but, I have bills/kids, can’t afford $500 for a novelty lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TonyMM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 CC 6"4 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put PIAA Super Bass extra loud horns in mine.
130 & 140db, they sound like old car horns, loud and angry.

How did you mount it? Or just swap with the OEM?

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
How did you mount it? Or just swap with the OEM?
My 2010 has the horns right under the hood latch, easy swap.
I had to cut off the factory connectors and use crimp-on terminals.
Looks like I forgot how loud they are!
kDImaLg.jpg
4VzTZIW.jpg

Last edited: