Best Off Road Jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fake-Account27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Looking to do some off road Beach driving this summer so I can socially isolate and still visit the beach. What off road jack does everyone recommend for a Ram 2500 Cummins. I read the hi-low jack is not safe for larger trucks and can damage your bumper.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I use a Hi-Lift jack.

If you use it properly it's safe and it will not damage your truck.
Another vote for the Hi-Lift. There is a reason they have been around for so many years, they just plain work.

Gr8bawana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
The only problem I see with the Safejack is that you still have to be able to get underneath the vehicle. Which is not always possible or safe. Plus as you said they are quite pricey.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
Looking to do some off road Beach driving this summer so I can socially isolate and still visit the beach. What off road jack does everyone recommend for a Ram 2500 Cummins. I read the hi-low jack is not safe for larger trucks and can damage your bumper.

do you have a winch?

if so get this.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score

bottle jack for tire change

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A hi lift jack without rock sliders or steel bumpers ? ummmmmm.....
For beach driving just lower your tires to 15psi and carry 4 recovery pads. Not that a hi lift can't help but you need the wheel adapter if you don't have the proper jacking points which a stock truck don't have, and you can only lift from one side. i don't think a hi lift jack is the best recovery gear in your situation better than nothing sure, but for beach driving tire psi and recovery pads will get out a lot faster :) Also good idea to have a a kinetic strap, and recovery points front and rear. Way faster too to ask another rig to give you a tug, again remember to lower your tire PSI when driving over soft beach sand. Don't be that guy....

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
OP
OP
F

Fake-Account27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I use one of these lift bags. Don't try to use it with exhaust it is impossible to hold it on a 2500 diesel exhaust pipe. I use a small 12 volt compressor to inflate it.

Bag - https://amazon.com/gp/product/B075JC6KM6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Compressor - https://amazon.com/Viair-00088-88P-Portable-Compressor/dp/B005ASY23I/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=master+flow+compressor&qid=1589147967&s=automotive&sr=1-6

I have the compressor, I assume you have a 4 ton Jack? Amazon is out and I wonder if the 3 ton is good enough

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The 3 ton would probably work. The nice thing with the one I bought it that is came with that extra hose I use connect the compressor adapter to the bag. The 3 ton units look like the compressor adapter connects right to the bag. Might be a little awkward to set up but it should still work.