Best Soap for Washing with Foam Cannon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just picked up my 2016 Laramie 1500 this winter. I bought a power washer and foam cannon from Amazon. I want to keep it looking clean and sharp. I plan to follow up each wash with a spray on wax or sealant. My question is this:
What is the best soap to use with a Foam Cannon? I'm looking for something that really makes a difference. Make you say WOW.
AAAAANNNNNNDDDDD Go.......

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the chemical guys stuff... I mean the soap smells delicious but I dont really think the foam sprayer is worth it so far. It looks and smells cool but Im not sure it actually helps clean.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive used Chem Guys Honeydew Snow Foam and Carpro Reset.

Both worked pretty well as long as you made the correct dilution to go into the foam gun cannister. I found a how-to on Autogeek or Autopia on getting it just right.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Just picked up my 2016 Laramie 1500 this winter. I bought a power washer and foam cannon from Amazon. I want to keep it looking clean and sharp. I plan to follow up each wash with a spray on wax or sealant. My question is this:
What is the best soap to use with a Foam Cannon? I'm looking for something that really makes a difference. Make you say WOW.
AAAAANNNNNNDDDDD Go.......

what do you mean by makes a difference and makes you say WOW?

If you are expecting the foam cannon to be a miracle car wash product that you just spray on and rinse off and your vehicle is spotless, you are going into this with the wrong perception. You still have to go over the whole truck with a good microfiber wash mitt or sponge. I'm not saying this is specifically your expectations of a foam cannon. More just wanted to get the info here for someone that doesn't know.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If you are expecting the foam cannon to be a miracle car wash product that you just spray on and rinse off and your vehicle is spotless, you are going into this with the wrong perception. You still have to go over the whole truck with a good microfiber wash mitt or sponge. I'm not saying this is specifically your expectations of a foam cannon. More just wanted to get the info here for someone that doesn't know.

Agreed.

The foam gun/cannon is "another tool in the bucket" IMHO.

I use it once as a pre-wash...after pressure washing the whole vehicle, I will foam one side of the vehicle and let the foam dwell/slide off the car.

Then I will use it as Im washing...aim foam between the wash media (my favorite is the Meguiars microfiber mitt) and the panel while you are "washing" the panel. Provides lubricity to make sure you arent going to mar the paint along with helping the dirt come off. I will do the upper 2/3-3/4 of each panel first, since the real dirt resides on the lower.

Finish one whole side by doing one panel at a time, then go back and do the bottom 1/4 (rocker panels, lower doors, etc) with a wash mitt dedicated for lower panels.

Then rinse the whole side and continue same process for hood+front bumper, other side of vehicle, then tailgate/trunk+rear bumper.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Pretty much what chrisbh17 just said....
Sorry my perception and expectation isn't up to par. Just looking for a quality soap.

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CG **** Suds or Mr. Pink. I wait for a deal, never paid more than $19 a gallon.

I use a handheld Gilmour sprayer.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I have tried 6 soaps and my favorite is the chemical guys snow foam (honey dew). I recently tried the Adams Foam cannon soap and it does not foam as well. I use a small electric pressure washer and never had any issues with the chemical guys stuff. I literally did 2 cars back to back and the difference was crazy noticeable. Ive also tried other soaps just to see how they work... Adams regular car shampoo and Adams wash and wax just to see as well as Mequires wash and wax, turtle wax clear something. The Chemical guys honey dew has the thickest foam and sticks the longest.

I know my 1600psi 1.2gpm and 1750psi 1.4gpm pressure washer is not ideal but like ive said with the small pressure washer I'm able to get great foam from the CC honey dew.