Best Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I got my 2014 a few years ago they had OEM cheap metal frame wipers....they lasted years.

I have tried many brands in the past and they never last more than a year so I decided to dump extra cash on OEM. I ended up getting the newer Eurowipers. So far so good, but not sure if I will ever spend that much again. Going back to the Costco $7 specials

SOLER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Bosch vote. Or, metal frame Napa brand with replaceable wiper... don't have to buy the whole blade every time. Lasts as long as any other.

To expect more than a year is, in my opinion, a bit unreasonable. I've gotten more than a year, as many of you have, but I certainly don't expect that. One trick to make them last longer... when filling up with fuel, take the squeegee and clean both sides of the wipers. Works best if gas station has actual windshield washer fluid as opposed to plain water. But cleaning them helps them last almost twice as long.

Killface3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 HEMI
I use Michelin Hybrids. Amazon usually has them for around $13. I change my wipers more often than most people I know of and I live in Utah where the weather can be 32 and 75 in the same day so it wreaks havoc on parts like wipers.

tomb

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 bighorn-cherry red
Engine
5.7 HEMI
With the Bosch Icons, do you need to get the 22A and 22B for the set? I see both A and B online
Yes A and B Left and Right they are made that way,you dont want 2 of the same--and I vote for the Bosch icons aswell.

bubba5xx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bosch by far. If you buy them at Orielly's the have a 1 yr warranty. I get mine replaced every 6 months for free.

Spectre

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
What ever you decide to use just a note about something I have noticed. I use car washes exclusively nowadays and since I get a noticeably shorter wiper life versus hand washing where I swing the wipers out off my windshield.

ford40

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use Walmart cheapest they have and replace them when needed usually every 18 months

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
You really can't go wrong with OEM on wiper blades. Most dealerships price them well too (most that is...) If you install them yourself that is.

Normal expectation on wiper blades has always been to replace every 6 months. I've never seen an exception in my use, with no matter how much I spend.

Last edited:

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I change every fall and have had good experience with Bosch Icons. I may try the cheap ones from Costco (Michelin?) to see how they perform. In the PNW we get lots of very light rain...so if the blades are in bad shape they just smear the water and road grime all over the windshield.

I used the Icons for years on my previous car as well, they are a know quantity.

Nyramguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Gonna go oem. These are still good at 66000 miles. Had Bosch icons, didn't care for them. The never made complete contact on the ends. Rainx ones were loud.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If it hasn't been mentioned yet, Project Farm has a great video on this...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Richard Garris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 17 Ram has 40,600 miles on it and I have been impressed with the original wiper blades. They clean thoroughly and never bounce. These are the best I have ever had and will get them when they need replacing!

Reactions: JB1

Alweeja

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Sounds like a Bosch blades are better than I thought.

Yukonbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
What’re the best wiper blades for a 2013 1500? I got rain-x rain repellant blades in December but they’re already going bad (never going w them again) and i’m wondering if you could make them a tad bigger than just 20’?

Sent from my 2013 Magnum 4.7L V8
I found the dealer blades perform best, mine are already 4 years old and still wiping great. I checked pricing at Firestone, they wanted over $30 each blade.

OP
OP
TheEnder

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I found the dealer blades perform best, mine are already 4 years old and still wiping great. I checked pricing at Firestone, they wanted over $30 each blade.

Same story on my 2016 300. The dealer blades are amazing, don’t know how they do it.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max in my 2013 Magnum 4.7L V8

goatmann

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FYI
Here's what has been reported using Rain-X

Do not use Rain-X Washer Fluids in your Ram Trucks.
There is a washer fluid sensor hat trips off just above empty in the Ram Trucks.
Rain-X will eventually disable the washer fluid sensor.
A coating will build up on the sensor's leads.
Then the EVIC will display the "WASHER FLUID LOW" symbol when the truck starts up.
To clean the sensor:
Remove the wiring harness to the sensor.
Remove the sensor by prying it out with a screwdriver.
Clean the sensor's two metal pins/tabs with Dawn dishwasher soap.
Reinstall in order of removing.

this is the biggest crock of smack!

i have run rain-x washer fulid in my vehicles for at least 10 yrs and never have i had a washer sensor failure. RAM, Toyota, BMW, Jeep.

whom ever reported the above thread probably never ran their washers and the fluid gunked up.