Bilstein 4600s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Morell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So after confirming, multiple times, with Bilstein the proper part numbers for new shocks, I pulled the trigger and ordered. The part numbers given to me were 24-069281 (front) and 24-025508 (rear). Received them today and compared to old. The rears matched length exactly. The fronts were short by about 6".

I called Bilstein and reconfirmed the part numbers, checked them against the boxes and the shocks themselves, all were correct. They then stated that I must have bought a lifted truck. I'm the original owner and the only 'lift' is the torsion keys for 1.5" to level it out. They then stated that I must have a one-off truck. Yeah, the manufacturer changed the line just to weld up my truck.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

The longer one is the rear. The OEM front is 3" longer than the rear.
Bilstein Shocks.jpg

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
Are you sure it's not being compressed some how? Because that seems crazy small based on the image you posted.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That front shock is not even extended. Pull on it and see if it is just compressed down and stuck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk